cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: iPhone Update

I looked under General but didn't see anything that said profiles. But when I went under "about" it says pb. And I'm guessing I must have a magical iPhone. Lol.
Highlighted

Cost me $50 to get it unlocked. But I have heard that if you have certain carriers it's more expensive to unlock.
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's supposed to be no more than $50 to unlock the phones aparently. I had heard that the Almighty CRTC put a stop to the price gouging. Something about double dipping..

Highlighted

Good to know. I was looking online for places that unlocked phones in my area and some places were charging 80-120 to unlock a iPhone with bell. I was lucky Rogers was the cheapest one to unlock.
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@blaze697, CRTC did not put any Pricing on how much a cell phone company can charge for unlocking a Device.

@Krystal_D, You paid way too much for the iPhone unlock for Rogers/Fido. At One Point those were the Prices for Rogers iPhone unlocks but now they are as low as $5 and I paid $9.25 last night for Rogers/Fido iPhone 5 unlock.
Highlighted

@chukdefatey wrote:
@blaze697, CRTC did not put any Pricing on how much a cell phone company can charge for unlocking a Device.

@Krystal_D, You paid way too much for the iPhone unlock for Rogers/Fido. At One Point those were the Prices for Rogers iPhone unlocks but now they are as low as $5 and I paid $9.25 last night for Rogers/Fido iPhone 5 unlock.

Seriously? wow the prices changed drastically. when you called in to rogers, which department did you speak to, i got 2 to unlock.

Highlighted

I went into a Rogers store to speak with someone about it. That's when I found out that you have to have an account with them in order for them to unlock the phones (for payment purposes), So they suggested that I look into the kiosk's that you would find in a mall. So that's what I did. They just said make sure to look for places that do factory unlocks it's more beneficial. Hope this helps.
Highlighted

Hey Audrey. I have a SIM card cutter, bought it on eBay. Just cut my standard sim to micro one. If you are not very far from etobicoke, I can do it for you, of course for free.
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. I assume the fix is to download this mobileconfig file. But how should I use it? It's a 11kb file that has the options to openin google drive and other apps. Please help!

Thanks,

Cecilia

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

OK, found out i have to use safari to open the webpage not chrome. Now I have that APN installed. I still cant access internet.

Need Help? Let's chat.