cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Public Mobile experience just got an upgrade.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We have a big announcement to share with you! 

Starting July 13, Public Mobile is going 100% digital, with all new activations and devices taking place exclusively online. New customers can join Public Mobile on the go, from anywhere, without setting foot into a store.

To officially mark the start of a new & improved Public Mobile experience, we’re announcing two exciting new features launching today:

Browse up to 30x faster with new 4G-speed plans. 

Now, you can get up to 30x faster speeds with Public Mobile’s new 4G-speed plans, when compared to existing 3G-speed plans. These new plans provide new and existing customers with a wider range of included data and speeds to choose from, depending on their needs. 

Introducing the new My Account: A modernized, mobile-first self-serve experience.

Redesigned from the ground up, our refreshed self-serve portal provides you with easy account-management at your fingertips without the need for in-person support. Plus, it features an all new intuitive mobile-friendly design to make all account management a breeze. 

Along with these new features, as many of you know, we recently launched our new rewards program Public Points earlier this year, where you can earn and redeem rewards with ultimate flexibility. We also redesigned our Community Forum to give our customers the ability to find solutions faster, with 24/7 access to online support. 

Expect to see many more exciting enhancements as we continue on our journey of putting the power of mobility in the hands of Canadians. To celebrate these exciting launches, we will be giving new subscribers 3x the points-back for their first 12 months, for a limited time on eligible purchase, through our Public Points™ Rewards program.

Important Details:

• You will still be able to purchase SIM cards from TELUS & Koodo corporate stores. Find a store near you using our store locator.  
  • Vouchers will still be available for purchase in the same locations as before. Visit our vouchers page to access our list of voucher purchase locations.  

For more information on these exciting new changes, please visit publicmobile.ca or our FAQs on these changes. 

- Public Mobile Team

294 REPLIES 294

ITMechanic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You told me some time ago I had received 2000mb Data and 500min intl comm to be used until they were finished. I just received a new notification wishing me a grand holiday and telling me I just received 2000mb Data and 500min intl comm until I used them up, again. By my consideration I should have 4000mb Data and 1000min intl comm since I have used nothing of the original allocation!?!?! Have I missed something or does the concept of use them up have unique interpretation I do not understand?

Mf9690
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good question  would love an answer

Finesse

I bought a public phone card on this website, it has been 20 days, and it still hasn't arrived, and they haven't given me a refund, I want to complain, what should I do? 

this is the order number: 

Order 314719 confirmed

Order 314720 confirmed

Mf1100

Yipper service is terrible since so called upgrade and no one on here will answer the right question

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mf1100 

What is preventing access?

Mf1100

Me to haven't been able to access my account since and no one will help

ernurse1972

Our family has had nothing but trouble since the “upgrade”.

free1reigns

I want the best deal u can give me

Hi @trish24   

Not sure about future app, but try to create a shortcut and have it save on home screen.  I am doing it that way too and it looks like an app 🤣

trish24

will there be in the future an actual mobile app that can be used to make it more accessible to check your usage and make changes and also help with the community chat

ernurse1972

Of course.  Thank you!

ernurse1972

Some upgrade!!!! Caused us nothing but account access issues!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Z9999 

Your welcome. When you have a specific question go to the Community main (landing) page. On the right side you'll see a dark green rectangle with "Ask a question" in it. Click on it. Type your topic in the subject line.

Then as your question and add any details related to your question. If it's about your phone add the make and model of your phone. Tell us any troubleshooting you have already tried like rebooting your phone or toggling airplane mode on/off. Just avoid any personal details like your name, phone # or email as this is a public forum.

Once you have added everything you think is relevant to your question in the main body of your post go to the bottom and choose a category that best fits your question. For my example you would pick "Phones". Then post your question. Now you have created your own thread where you will get direct attention from the community and specific replies to your question.

When you get a solution to your question.....maybe quickly or maybe after a couple of days after lots of help or you have been in contact with customer support to fix something in your account you can come back and choose the post that offered the best solution or answered your question. We are always here to help.

Z9999

Thank you very much my dear1

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Z9999 

Unfortunately not. It has its advantages if you need add ons. But really the biggest loss is your loyalty rewards and the need to redeem points to get bill discounts. But whenever you have questions or you need help please come to the community and we will help you.

Z9999

Thank you very much 

Z9999

Thank you, dear. This is too complicated for a person like me whose English is not good.Is the new system more advantageous than the old one? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Z9999 

Oh dear another customer mislead into switching to the points program. I am sorry this has happened to you but you cannot reverse your decision even if you misunderstood the consequences.

The two major changes in how you earn involve the $2 autopay reward>>get back 5% in points and the $1/30 days up to max $5 after 5yrs loyalty reward>>10 anniversary points per year. The break even point for get back points is the $40 plan/5%=2pts worth $2.

But it is the loyalty reward change to anniversary points where you suffer the largest loss in earned rewards where by the end of your 5th year you would earn $5×12 months=$60/yr. Anniversary points remain at 10pts/yr=$10 a lost value of $50/yr.

When you switched to the points program you were given a welcome gift of 5pts and a "buy out" of your loyalty of 1pt/month for the length of your tenure with pm. Judging by your community account creation in October 2019 whereas you would have begun earning a $3 loyalty reward per month instead you were given 36pts+5pts (welcome pts)=41pts.

Friend referrals and community rewards are basically the same earning value of 1pt=$1. You can try to make up for your loss by participating in the community and learn as much as you can about public mobile. You can then help others and hopefully earn a community reward each month. An hour or two a week can possibly earn you 1 or 2pts (=$1 or $2) quite easily. Your new found knowledge will also enable you to refer friends and family which will bolster you earning friend referral points of 1pt/month=$1/month.

All of your points earning can then be redeemed towards add ons that are discounted between 25% and 50% off regular purchased prices (ie. $15/1gb is redeemed at 1gb/10pts=$10=$5 discount). Bill credits are redeemed at 15pts=$15 off your bill. You can also enter the lucky draw at 1 entry=1pt but unless they reintroduce the flagship smartphone prizes the lucky draws have poor value. Hopefully this helps you understand the points program you have now joined. 😔😪🫢🫣☹️😫😠😡🤬

HI @Z9999   

If you are on Points system, the point do not automatically apply to your bill

You have to collect it until you have 15 points, then you redeem for $15 bill credit

Check https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards  for your current rewards

(if you see everything referring to points, you are on the new points system.  But if you see everything referring in dollar , you are on the old system)

@Z9999- If you signed up after late January then you're on the points system. If you were on the old rewards system then do NOT change to points. If you did then you can't go back. The new points system does not reduce your renewal cost. You just accumulate points.

Z9999

Thank you for your kindness.

Z9999

Is the point system automatic? My discount is gone. I don't know how the points can be transferred to my account.

Z9999

thanks I don't speak French. I just want the system to be simpler and simpler or remain the same. Complex systems can be confusing for people like us.

kasia1912

We signed up online with my husband we got everything set up pretty quickly it didn`t take 3 weeks and it was over 2 years ago. I find it worrisome that everyone needs everything done here and now.

HI @Z9999 maybe we can help?  which part of the rewards you don't understand?

@Z9999- How about French? This site has everything in French and English.

Z9999

The new points system is very complicated and unfriendly for people with poor English. I hope you can be more and more simple, not more complex.

Tapper22

Welcome to the community. I’m a newbie as well. Seems to be great so far. 

Wpgcall

Hi! Happy to be apart of the community. Just signed up today! I went to my nearest Telus store and purchased a SIM, activated it when I got home and ported my number over. Worked like a charm! 

Tapper22

It took five business days for me to receive my SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.