cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Public Mobile experience just got an upgrade.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We have a big announcement to share with you! 

Starting July 13, Public Mobile is going 100% digital, with all new activations and devices taking place exclusively online. New customers can join Public Mobile on the go, from anywhere, without setting foot into a store.

To officially mark the start of a new & improved Public Mobile experience, we’re announcing two exciting new features launching today:

Browse up to 30x faster with new 4G-speed plans. 

Now, you can get up to 30x faster speeds with Public Mobile’s new 4G-speed plans, when compared to existing 3G-speed plans. These new plans provide new and existing customers with a wider range of included data and speeds to choose from, depending on their needs. 

Introducing the new My Account: A modernized, mobile-first self-serve experience.

Redesigned from the ground up, our refreshed self-serve portal provides you with easy account-management at your fingertips without the need for in-person support. Plus, it features an all new intuitive mobile-friendly design to make all account management a breeze. 

Along with these new features, as many of you know, we recently launched our new rewards program Public Points earlier this year, where you can earn and redeem rewards with ultimate flexibility. We also redesigned our Community Forum to give our customers the ability to find solutions faster, with 24/7 access to online support. 

Expect to see many more exciting enhancements as we continue on our journey of putting the power of mobility in the hands of Canadians. To celebrate these exciting launches, we will be giving new subscribers 3x the points-back for their first 12 months, for a limited time on eligible purchase, through our Public Points™ Rewards program.

Important Details:

• You will still be able to purchase SIM cards from TELUS & Koodo corporate stores. Find a store near you using our store locator.  
  • Vouchers will still be available for purchase in the same locations as before. Visit our vouchers page to access our list of voucher purchase locations.  

For more information on these exciting new changes, please visit publicmobile.ca or our FAQs on these changes. 

- Public Mobile Team

294 REPLIES 294

__Marc__
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Android Firefox Focus.

Manage Your Card -> Update card information 

Next I filled card number with the same number and a new expiry date etc... And an error occur except if I filled out with the same information.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@__Marc__ 

What browser are you using? Clear your browser cache and use chrome or Microsoft Edge. Start fresh and enter all info manually as if it was a different card altogether. If you have tried a couple of times wait one full hour before trying again.

__Marc__

I can't change Expiry Date or Security Code. "Error

Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later."

__Marc__

Yes, it give me an error. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@__Marc__ 

If the name of your town or city is not on the list choose the city closest to your location.

The only option in your self serve account's payment method is replacing the current card. The saved card info cannot be removed on its own without the assistance of customer support. If you need card info to replace the current info to ensure an autopay failure and account suspension I can supply you with a spent ($0) credit gift card details to replace your current card info (and still earn the $2 autopay reward/data bonus if applicable.) Private message me if needed.

@__Marc__ 

You cannot delete credit card from the system but you should be able to update it.  When you try to update the cardv, did it give you an error??

__Marc__

Hello,

There are issues with the new My Account that are still unresolved:

- the system does not display the name of the city where I live.  

- I cannot modify the name of the city where I live, the system tells me that it is not valid.  

- I cannot change or delete credit card information.

Cordially

Marc

I am guessing not anytime soon if at all

sdesrochers056
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

With eSim cards, this will be a complete online experience. When eSim cards will be available for a PM customer?

@flyguy22 wrote:

I agree . And it still says 3G on my phone does not say 4G after I did the upgrading to my plan . $45 for 6G

Changing plan doesn't change your phone saying 3g or 4g.  3g and 4g plan use the same networks.  Your phone says 3g so that means LTE signal is weak or it's turned off on your phone.  Enable LTE in the settings.

flyguy22

I agree . And it still says 3G on my phone does not say 4G after I did the upgrading to my plan . $45 for 6G

flyguy22

Well it still says 3G on my iphone11 and I upgraded to the 4G plan . Explain please 

HI @flyguy22   no need new sim card.  Your current one is all you need

flyguy22

Do I need to purchase a new SIM card for the 4G network or is the one for the 3G compatible? 

HI @Stevenleblanc 

NFC is for physical payment in store using your phone or watch

For payment on web, yes, Apple pay , Google pay can be choices if they want to . But I don't think any site has Samsung Pay, at least not common. 

With PM, I doubt they will add any of these fancy payment option. But if you buy phone or sim card, they have the option to use Paypal.  But the option is not available for My Account

Stevenleblanc

When will you ad NFC ro the cards so we can use google pay or apple pay, or Samsung pay at the checkouts? It would be a nice upgrade to the system and a great service to your customers!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jib_tech

Take a screenshot of the page for evidence in case your referral has an issue.

Hi @jib_tech yes, I found it on the main site, too!!  So, I think it is still on

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Its still on the website so doesn't that mean its still an active promotion? I might have a referral so I just want to make sure I give the right info? Thanks

@jib_tech wrote:

Is the triple the points offer still valid? Thanks

@jib_tech   the 3x point is for new PM subscribers and not for people switching from old to new rewards, right? 

Even if it is , do NOT migrate.. it does not worth it.  Old reward system is much better.   🙂

@jib_tech I remember seeing a banner before about the 3x when I login to My Rewards but it is now gone.  So, it could be expired.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jib_tech 

I would assume so as the announcement is still pinned and there has been no edited updates saying the promo has now expired.

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is the triple the points offer still valid? Thanks

What's the point of eSIM support on a BYOD prepaid plan?

As in, what can the eSIM do the SIM card cannot do?

sdesrochers056

I am thinking the same. I will definitely welcome the e-SIM option or move to another provider like Lucky Mobile who offers that option. 

Brent01

Is the Public Mobile site now using the same credential library of the parent company Telus and the passwords have to be the same? Not the kind of security I am accustomed too…

Brent01

Yes, I received a text to check out the new site. Problem is it redirects to telusidentity.telus.com which is my ISP even if I manually enter the web address for Public mobile. My iPad automatically tried to use credentials for Telus. I eventually got locked out of Telus and Public Mobile. What a mess… what’s going on!! Not fun. 

Dragonking187

Which one

Dragonking187

What rdf mean 

Dragonking187

Is there a big difference from 3g plan and 4g?

Need Help? Let's chat.