cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Public Mobile experience just got an upgrade.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We have a big announcement to share with you! 

Starting July 13, Public Mobile is going 100% digital, with all new activations and devices taking place exclusively online. New customers can join Public Mobile on the go, from anywhere, without setting foot into a store.

To officially mark the start of a new & improved Public Mobile experience, we’re announcing two exciting new features launching today:

Browse up to 30x faster with new 4G-speed plans. 

Now, you can get up to 30x faster speeds with Public Mobile’s new 4G-speed plans, when compared to existing 3G-speed plans. These new plans provide new and existing customers with a wider range of included data and speeds to choose from, depending on their needs. 

Introducing the new My Account: A modernized, mobile-first self-serve experience.

Redesigned from the ground up, our refreshed self-serve portal provides you with easy account-management at your fingertips without the need for in-person support. Plus, it features an all new intuitive mobile-friendly design to make all account management a breeze. 

Along with these new features, as many of you know, we recently launched our new rewards program Public Points earlier this year, where you can earn and redeem rewards with ultimate flexibility. We also redesigned our Community Forum to give our customers the ability to find solutions faster, with 24/7 access to online support. 

Expect to see many more exciting enhancements as we continue on our journey of putting the power of mobility in the hands of Canadians. To celebrate these exciting launches, we will be giving new subscribers 3x the points-back for their first 12 months, for a limited time on eligible purchase, through our Public Points™ Rewards program.

Important Details:

• You will still be able to purchase SIM cards from TELUS & Koodo corporate stores. Find a store near you using our store locator.  
  • Vouchers will still be available for purchase in the same locations as before. Visit our vouchers page to access our list of voucher purchase locations.  

For more information on these exciting new changes, please visit publicmobile.ca or our FAQs on these changes. 

- Public Mobile Team

294 REPLIES 294

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Is the 3G $60 plan gone? I do recall noticing and commenting many months ago that it didn’t show up in the Plans page yet it seemed to still exist. And it still isn’t showing up when I select 3G plans. WoW, lots of 4G plans… 7 of them. 

Can anyone get past the orange screen when trying to get to their account landing page? I review tonight and am close to using my 5GB up and don’t want t to chew into my bonus data fir frivolous stuff but CAN NOT get to where it shows my data use.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I did see the prices for the 4G Plans, and do admit, the price is a bit over the Top.

What they need to do, is perhaps to reduce the size of the Data packets, like 40GB, that is a lot, like reduce it to what is reasonable, like 12GB, or have data leftover roll over to next cycle, as the Robot said in movie Judge Dredd, Eat Recycled Data, Recycled Data is Great for the Environment, and is OK for you

My opinion

Plus, I do agree, what about VoLTE, E-Sim, and perhaps More, like More Roaming options around the Popular Countries of the Globe

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Congratulations @J_PM  for another project completed.

Great upgarde.  Much easier to navigate than the old one

But just one question: Will My Rewards portal combined back to My Account?  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM   

Some bugs to report already:

1. $15 plan does not show unlimited incoming calls.  This worries many people on the limited Talk plan
  2. the Payment page does not show the Rewards there for "My Upcoming Bill".  I understand they can confirm on My Rewards portal , but many people were not happy already

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Nice to see change pin and view entire sim number. No change email address on a wholesale system change? Getting there to more of a real self-serve system.  The goal should be minimizing the need for the agents on simple things that one ought to be able to do oneself.

Adding - It also would have been nice to see all the credit card details. Did we see expiry before? If not then that was added.

But very nice to see the much simpler entry screen. No more of the whole address nonsense. Number, expiry, postal, cvv. Like the activation screen. Much better.

canuk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Think I will stay with current plan for now. Consider sharpening the P/Mobile Pricing pencil, as there is limited benefit for many users. 

LeafsChick

Seems to be up and down, I can get the plans page to load,  rewards tab won't though 

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Has the PM home page crashed now? I can’t get it to load and I get an error message trying to look at plans.

Are all existing plans from a few days ago still there as well as some new 4G plans? I am off my regular $15 plan at the moment on the $40 plan to get the extra needed while at our cabin over the summer. After years of virtually no changes it will be my luck to have the $15 plan disappear while I am not currently on it! 

ThomasY

32069A20-70D7-4FFA-BCE3-769788BCDC5D.png

It says it’s mobile friendly, but I can’t do anything on my iPhone 8. NO WAY to close this window!

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

In fairness to PM, one can’t be very critical about the higher pricing of 4G plans. After all, perks and better speeds cost more — the same as business class vs the economy class in air travel.

I am glad, though, that the old plans remain unaffected, and I’ll continue to slog at the slower speeds but at the cheaper rates. 😄

LeafsChick

If we change plans, will we lose existing rewards/add-ons/holiday giveaways?  I want to change to a 4GB plan, but not if I'll lose the other stuff? 

ronsav
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So where is the option to switch to 4g? in my account i don't see those options when i try to change plans.I only see the old 3g plans. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'd like to see a VoLTE announcement as well. It's long overdue. 

Bandsaw

Agreed, more and more places I go in Bell (Ontario territory) and going VoLTE only.  I will soon be forced to move away from PM.  I have heard talk of end of September/October.  Perhaps PM can commit one way or another.

We need VoLTE service

Yes, RFD people only want the cheapest thing 🤣

I doubt PM really care about the selling of those plans over $60.  They are there just because everyone else has it.  

Afterall, if you are paying for $60 or above, or even $50 and above, you would check with Postpaid providers instead for better deals and some discounts on new phones

All tier 3 providers are really position themselves for those who wants the basis plans (aka cheap plans) only and those who have are unable to get a postpaid plans because of their credit history or new comers 

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

At least PM is listening to what some people like myself have been asking, and at least I still have retained my 90 Day $150 Unlimited Canada-Wide + US-L-D + Unlimited Global Text + 6GB LTE Speed Data, my Mom also on that plan too

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Agreed, I would stick with my current plan for now.... more options are better than before..... 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Dunkman 

On RFD, customers and potential new customers are very much disliking the new plans as being overpriced.

@computergeek541 

Agree the pricing could be better.  It is a bit cheaper than the Koodo prepaid plans.  At least, you get more data at the same price points.  Just offers more choices for existing and new customers.  

BearFBI

These plans are a ripoff. 

Where is VoLTE and E-sim ?

Ive moved all my accounts with data away from PM. I downgraded mine and now use data with another provider 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM   With PM going 100% digital, can you look into the shipping or ordering SIM online as well?  While some people could receive SIM card within 3 days, but we heard more stories about receiving them in 3 weeks.   It is a critical part in activation and I surely believe you don't want your potential new subscribers to have such an awful first experience with PM.  

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The data buckets are too small for the added speed to be honest. I just think there’s a misbalance in the plan makeup. What good is faster data if you just run out faster.

LeePublic

I agree, however the 4 and 6 GB plans aren't too bad but the jump from $45 to $55 doesn't make sense since it adds only 2GB extra for $10?

@Dunkman 

On RFD, customers and potential new customers are very much disliking the new plans as being overpriced.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Some customers will dislike having the retail experience removed. Public mobile has returned to its beginning when everything was done online. 

Most customers should like the significant improvements in My account and the introduction of LTE plans. 

Need Help? Let's chat.