Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want to hear from you: technical concerns, glitches, or bugs

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: Thread Closed

We appreciate all your valuable feedback, in helping us identify crucial updates for our portals. The team is committed to addressing remaining issues. We ask you to contribute future feedback under our Get Support board to ensure posts are seen and responded to by our support members. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community Members, 

As you embrace the new way to experience mobility with Public Mobile, we want to know how your experience is, and if there are any issues you’ve encountered along the way. While we aim high, we know there’s room to grow. With your valuable feedback, we’ll keep innovating to deliver an even better experience. 

Use this thread to share any technical concerns, glitches, or bugs you've come across. Your valuable feedback will help our team identify and resolve issues effectively. 

Note: We will do our best to provide answers and updates to your questions. The team is working hard to share your feedback with our product teams to help resolve on-going issues. For support-related inquiries, please connect with our Oracles and Community experts for assistance. 

We'll be posting workarounds, updates and troubleshooting tips along the way.

Thank you,
Public Mobile Team

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
398 REPLIES 398

TeaGuide22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you! With the link you provided me, I was able to reach out, I got a response 2 hours ago. I have responded but no resolutions as of yet. Thanks to you I could get through the mess. I am so grateful 🙏 for your assistance! Thank you again. And I hope your account is doing okay 👍❤️

PreachJohn1

Yes, this unworkable shambles was sprung on us without warning. Some heads need to roll over this debacle.
I am a long time Customer. My mistake today was to try to add a separate $15/3G plan for which I bought a Sim card. There is now no way to do this.
Nightmare total waste of much time. Yes, you should be consulted!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@A_CX_PM   or anyone else, this has probably been mentioned before but I've sort of lost track of all the problems with self serve and community accounts and I'm not really aware if this is already being looked into but I'm having problems viewing upcoming payment or to be able to view payment history on couple of accounts I manage.   I'm finding that the payment page just will not load and all I see is the page keeps trying to load but never complete no matter how long I leave the page to load or refresh the account.

I'm only aware of this happening since yesterday as I was trying to avoid logging into any other account until the issue with the community profile had been fixed.  So far, I've managed to bypass the prompts asking me to create a new nickname for these accounts by closing the browser and starting a new session to login into the self serve account only which also require the verification code to be entered each time and has become another recurring headache since PM has removed the option for us to disable this verification and the trusted device option is not working either, or at least not with incognito/private mode that seems to be needed to view up-to-date account information.

HI All, 

I think the site itself is good, improvement from earlier

Yes, there are problem.  Give PM time to iron out the issues.  Just need patience from everyone.   🙂

PreachJohn1

I concur. The Site is now hellish and a nightmare to navigate. Malfunction after malfunction; unworkable.
The revamp is a horror story for sure.

PreachJohn1

I am a longtime existing Customer. I want to add the $15/3G account by activating it. I bought a SIM card for this. It is now nowhere to be found. No instructions work to find it. Cannot even create a Ticket. It fails every time.
The Site with Eversafe is now hellish to navigate. I have spent enormous time only to find nothing works properly anymore.

PBForMe1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

After watching this rollout from afar I don't think it was wise linking the community accounts and selfserve accounts... having a user locked out of support and selfserve if they have some sort of login issue doesn't seem to be a good thing. 

In my opinion adding a separate support option to selfserve while keeping the community accounts separate would have been the better choice. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TeaGuide22    Did you try try sending a private message instead to CS_Agent? 

Here's link to send the private message, although with all problems you might not hear back quickly, but keep checking the message box top right for their response after you've sent your message:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

TeaGuide22

I have read from PM that only new subscriptions can use eSIM as of now. They see the problem and are hoping to address it so that anyone can change to eSIM at some point. It's only for new activations right now. 

TeaGuide22

Can't put in for ticket numbers right now that's down too! 

Dr_Evil
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not so.  The app just spawns a browser component and has the same errors and glitches as the website in my experience. i'd be reaching out to your vendor Eversafe if I were you.

TeaGuide22

I hope these fixes are coming. I'm not referring anyone to PM right now it's a nightmare that has put me in a very precarious situation with my business partner. It looks to them as though I am lying. I don't know if because they have been long time members they are not having any issues with their accounts. But I am. I simply want on the 25.00 plan I should have been on since I signed up less than 2 months ago! Maybe 2 months. And of course I cannot create a ticket number for appropriate assistance. I understand you want to keep everything onine but it has its disadvantages big time when your whole site is barely working. With Ever Secure when I say you no longer need to verify me 10 times to this device, I still have to get the code to move on. I'm sitting here in an unessisary argument with my business partner because Iook like I am lying to them. They can see the 25.00 plan available but I can not? And some kind members have told me it's available as it was 2 days ago for a friend. I would have appreciated a text or email to let me know this was all happening. Leave your website working until you get the app sorted out. Because try again later tells us nothing. Is that tomorrow, 3 weeks from now or months that I will have to continue to over pay? When exactly is later? This is a mess and a half for everyone! We could have pre- planned if anyone had known. Instead you have people leaving, people without working phones, cannot activate their service, cannot pay on time or work their accounts. Two factor authentication is fine but when I say it's a trusted device and I don't need to be repeatedly asked for every log in, I'm frustrated. This has been a whole day thing since 7am this morning and I have seen the posts, and it's not just a few issues you seem to be shut right down. Give people a heads up! And please fix our issues. I have yet to have a response. 

TeaGuide22

Hi since this new app launched with a lot of issues no one is getting anything fixed right now because there are no moderators to get a hold of that can fix all of our issues. I am super frustrated too. 

TeaGuide22

Try again later! When. I'm with everyone. No email or anything to tell us this was happening, now they are I don't know how many of us having real issues we cannot fix. But try again later? 

TeaGuide22

Can we get this app working? No one can create ticket numbers! No one can get accurate help. I am among them,but I am trusting you PM as you have resolved my issues previously. Your website is not even showing all of your price plans either. You have people without service and none of us can get anywhere but here. And guessing you are getting too much in the way of issues to address or your not seeing the big problems right now. I want to be on the 25.00 plan I should have been on I'm the first place and it's still offered, many people have helped me, but 8 can't make any changes without proper help. And all my previous conversations with an amazing moderator who always helps me out properly are gone! I should just be able to reach back out to him. And I know 123 and it will be fixed. Others have much bigger issues like there phones are not setting up b/c there is no one to activate the SIM cards. There is a lot of frustration on here and I am not surprised. I cannot be without a working phone. And we all pay for PM. So maybe at least keep the website operational until the app is working properly? Something has to give. And we are loosing customers. We don't want that. So please work to respond to us or get the ticket numbers working with responses, were all hanging out frustrated going no where getting nothing done. As everyone is trying everything they know on there own. And I am super new and only know so much. I have tried to calm some nerves but let's not destroy this awesome community! And please get back to me as I want my rate plan at the 25.00 one I requested and I'm paying more for that which I do not need. And since you took away the roll over which I was sold on, and have found out that this only applies to older customers, inform your older customers of changes like this so they are not over selling you. This has resulted in an argument between me and my business partner, that cannot be resolved because I have no proof to show. And I should not have to pay more for what I don't need. Nor should Iook stupid to my business partner because I'm giving actual now seen information, yet they can search their accounts and see something different. My bill is paid by the company and it's not being paid because I'm in a higher price plan. So I would appreciate some written evidence of these changes and a fix to my problem as well. Maybe you can refund me on my account for the over payments? 

TeaGuide22

Hello,I believe with the new app they are having lots of issues, we cannot even create ticket numbers. Not can I find my old replies as I have had awesome help and support by someone named Lucien. He has been fantastic. It is an easy set up normally but you do have to submit a ticket number to have your SIM activated. This I have learned. However, there ticket system is down today as is the site in many areas. I can't get through to anyone either and this has not been my experience. I am also really new.  I'm so sorry I cannot support you more,only to say that the site is not working and that has everyone pretty unhappy today, being left without assistance or help. Because the BOT which I hate is useless. You need an actual person here. Hang in there,they have to be over loaded with responses today. And I have honestly, had good help all along until the " new face of PM" arrived. Keep trying here and there to see if you can submit a ticket number, you can do that through the BOT, but if it bounces you back here you know the system is down. 

selmak

@pm-smayer97 that announcement via email and sms would have saved lots of headache and grief

selmak

I second @pm-smayer97 'BRING BACK the ability to turn OFF 2FA on the account! ' 

TeaGuide22

Hey, sorry to hear this. Now I can say that PM in general has been good to me, with fixing up everything. However,it appears with the new app, that their ticket system is down. Which is why you are being directed here. I had an issue to discuss with them today and I'm having the same issues.  In fact I think the whole site is not running properly and that is why you are running into so many issues. My only baby suggestion is to remove your SIM card, then put it back in and turn your phone off and then back on as I know I have tried this once with an issue and it worked. I do feel your frustrations here. I'm sorry I'm not more advanced at trouble shooting but it's something. Keep at the site, I would wait 24 hours right now only because it seems there are a host of issues and glitches on the new app. And I have the same issues on the website. I'm again so sorry for your fustration, and they normally are present and will get back to you to correct things. I also know it sucks to not have an operating phone! Good luck 🤞 and may this be the solution! Cheers

soyaa

Thanks @ J_PM.   I ended up not going through the app or through the subscription routes. Instead, I went directly to "Purchase SIM" (instead of purchasing SIM and subscription together). I was able to purchase the SIM. When viewing the subscription page, I do see now that it clicks through to the correct page. Thanks for resolving quickly!

Tawny
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I hope the website gets faster soon. Right now it's so slow that it's hard to get anything done. 

Thanks for sharing @TeaGuide22  🤗  We're glad to hear it's an easier experience with App! 

Thanks @J_PM  for update

1. so activation site is working again?

2. how about change plan? some plan make "Change plan on renewal date" request but got the plan change immediately.  Was it fixed? I have a friend who need to schedule a change but hesitate to do so

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@soyaa the team has investigated and found what's causing this error. Please start from step 1 and confirm you were able to successfully purchase SIM and subscription. Thank you.

HI @SilverTink might or might not be issue with new system , but please submit ticket with cs agent at:   https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):
         https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

SilverTink

Subscription renews today... says it is active, but no service on phone calls IN or Out.  Text only working on WIFI.  Restarted phone, on/off airplane mode etc.  Tried to enter ticket - nope - sends me here.  WTF. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM unfortunately “A Different Mobile Experience is Here!” at Public Mobile is what will lose Customers! in my opinion it is worse than it was before! I was here & stayed for the old rewards we had, the roll over data add-ons, roll over minutes add-ons & low priced plans! We’re not aloud to remove our payment cards from our accounts ourselves let alone make payments on our accounts without adding the payment cards (I pay all my bills without a payment card being on any accounts), we are not aloud to sign onto our own accounts without 2FA (which causes a lot if issues for a lot of us), to often the phone service doesn’t even work even when multiple support tickets submitted for help & nothing is done to fix the phone service we pay for, to many unprofessional unhelpful CSA’s that keep providing information that isn’t correct & nothing is ever done about it! The list of negatives is to long! It’s very disappointing & no one asked Us the Customers that keep Public Mobile going what “WE WANT” 😟! How can our needs/wants not matter especially when it’s the Customer that provide ”The Best Customer Support” here for current & potential Customers? For free at that in turn saving Public Mobile a lot of money!!! This company is no longer better than the others!

These are my personal opinions! Which will as always go unheard!

I have purchased some SIM Cards to try other providers (some were free & the eSIM’s are free). Some provide throttled data after using plans data for all plans.

This will go unheard or be removed!

soyaa

I've been trying to be a new customer for the past half hour. Tried paying for SIM and subscription via the app, but it repeatedly shows an error processing the request. So I try to subscribe online. That also leads to an error page.

I tried to submit a ticket, as suggested by the chat bot. From that link, I tried to set up a community nickname. That also led to an error.

I'm pretty sick of having to sign-in, do the 2FA by email, and put in my payment information every single time I attempt to give you money, only to be met by issues on every suggested action.

The error pages also don't even show what the nature of the error is. The only error code is "xxx".

Rah_Rah

Better get this site up and working soon. Freedom Mobile's new data plan looks inviting.

TeaGuide22

Thank you for adding an app! So much easier to use! Bravo!!❤️

Need Help? Let's chat.