cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated pricing on select 6 GB plans

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

We’re excited to share with you that effective July 24th, 2018, we are lowering the prices for the following plans:

Plan Calculator Details

Now

• 30-day plan
  • 6 GB + 500 MB BONUS data at 3G speed (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and U.S.
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

$55 $50

• 90-day plan
  • 18 GB + 1.5 GB BONUS data at 3G speed (per 90 days)
  • Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and U.S.
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

$165 $150

That’s a $5 price reduction per 30 days for both plans! Totally sweet right?

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the  the ‘Build your own plan’ option and choose the plan length, talk, text, and data options outlined above.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to ‘Plan and Add-ons’
  3. Select ‘Change Plan’
  4. Select the ‘Build your own plan’ option and choose the plan length, talk, text, and data options outlined above. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.
  5. To confirm you have the plan you want, go to Self Serve, Select the “Overview” tab and view your plan details under “My Plan” to see how much you pay per month.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I already purchased one of these plans. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

No, the plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I chose to switch to one of these plans on my next renewal date. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

If you had requested to change your plan to one of these plans before this new pricing was announced, you will continue to pay $55 per 30 days /$165 per 90 days. The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for, making your money go further.

To learn more about the differences between these options, click here.  

91 REPLIES 91

dna2016

@ShawnC13 completely agree with what you said.  In this community forum there's certain terminology that we're all accustomed to, so can't fault us based on what was typed. 

At the end of the day you can message a moderator 100 times but there is a triage system in place.  No different when walking into a Rogers store and you need to "urgently" swap out a defective modem, you can't jump ahead of the line just because your issue is "urgent", everyone's issue is urgent, and the moderators work hard and treat every situation with the same amount of urgency.

I guess because you can't physically see the line up, many automatically think they'll get an immediate response.  Keep in mind the MODS have to fish through messages that i'm sure are useless as well, and that too can take up their time.

@brent_liza, sadly, not a winner for all of us.

I'd love 18.5 GB (if I needed it), the Canada and US calling (if I needed it).  I can't can't pay a $30 per 90/day increase for things I will not use while losing the ability to have unthrottled LTE speeds.  Sure, I don't see the speeds most of my day as I'm in buildings that are made of materials that block the signal, it's the principle that matters.

Yes, this will work for many, but sadly it won't work for me.

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@NDesai I agree. The problem is people put information into wrong threads causing information to get looked over or not answered correctly. If someone is having a problem a new topic should always be created so help can be given more quickly.

@chrisceecam wrote:

You both misunderstood. I clearly looked through all the information on the website first (again, what you guys copied and pasted to me, I've already done as it is accessible to everyone). Having to wait this long for a moderator in 2018 is ridiculous. As soon as I posted here, a moderator *surprise surprise* private messaged me. Public Mobile really needs to change how they do things or they'll lose customers.

Probably people like you without some patience. At least say thanks as they understood your problem and gave direction on what needs to be done.  

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I’m generally willing to cut people some slack. It’s obviously frustrating when things don’t work and you’re waiting for a fix. It happens to us all sometimes.

That being said, being short with people trying to help probably isn’t a great solution. 

@chrisceecam wrote:

If you read my message, I said I already did. I have sent three messages over the last 24 hours and no reply. Thanks for copying and pasting information that's available everywhere tho.

No need for the attitude here people are just answering your post.  We all read your message and you said emailed 3 times.  That terminology is incorrect and the correct advice was given on your wording you used.  Email is how the password reset function works.  Now if you said Private messaged the moderators everyone would have understood.  That is what you said in your second post although these messages have been within the last 9 hours as the mod has stated and started outside of moderator hours.

Mean what you say and say what you mean.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Shazia_K, you're always on top of things!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @chrisceecam

I'm sorry to hear that the password reset link did not work for you, rest assured that our teams are working hard towards a permanent fix. 

I see that your first and initial private message was sent 9 hours ago, therefore, outside our business hours. We reply back to everyone in order of the oldest one to the newest one. I am sorry that it took some time to reply back to you, however, sending multiple requests for the same issue does not speed up the response time. 

I have replied back to your private message with your credentials for your account online 😉 

Have a great day! 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

mtfolks

@chrisceecam Again, sorry for the misunderstanding. If you read the info on this forum or in @mimmo post you’d like have seen this:

• Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

Unfortunately, that’s just the nature of how PM offers customer service and technical support. It definitely isn’t for everyone. Glad to hear they’re working on getting you sorted out. 

chrisceecam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You both misunderstood. I clearly looked through all the information on the website first (again, what you guys copied and pasted to me, I've already done as it is accessible to everyone). Having to wait this long for a moderator in 2018 is ridiculous. As soon as I posted here, a moderator *surprise surprise* private messaged me. Public Mobile really needs to change how they do things or they'll lose customers.

mtfolks

@chrisceecam wrote:

If you read my message, I said I already did. I have sent three messages over the last 24 hours and no reply. Thanks for copying and pasting information that's available everywhere tho.

In @mimmo defence, your post sure read like you had simply tried the password reset option several times without receiving an email. That doesn’t go to the mods. You need to follow their directions and DM them due to a bug with the password reset function.  

If, however, we’ve both misunderstood, my apologies. We’re only trying to help. 😃

brent_liza

this is great news. Love how they give more data a couple months ago with the same plan and now they lower the price. A win for all of us. 

chrisceecam

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@chrisceecam you need to message the mods directly to reset your password.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

chrisceecam

I'd love to get this plan (my previous one ended yesterday) but I have not received the several password reset emails I've requested in the last 24 hours. Can you please get a moderator to respond to one of my several messages? Thankyou.

youbme

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Always great to see pricing being lowered!!  I still beleive we need a bit better pricing for the 90 day plan, as people are fronting PM money on a longer term there should be a little reward for them doing this.

As well, all promo's have been on 3G plans anything coming for the LTE plans?

The move away from discounting 90-day plans was disheartning to say the least. It only makes sense to offer a discount on 90-day plans - as the prepaid committment is longer, hopefully PM will rethink their strategy here.

As for LTE, I think PM has become quite clear that LTE is a low-priority, instead encouraging those looking for faster data to migrate to Koodo or Telus... However, could we see a bump up in data transfer rates in the future - something between 3G and LTE?

sbreakin

@Dunkman wrote:

@Alan_K  Awesome news.  That might attract more of my friends to migrate over.  Another possiblity for

uture plans is maybe a cheaper plan to compete with the Freedoom Mobile $15 plan for unlimited text, 100 minutes and 250 MB plan (an excellent budget plan for teenagers). That plan seems be getting a lot of attention on RFD these days.  

I second the suggestion for a teenager/ low used targeted plan with unlimited text and small amount of voice and data.  

I noticed freedom's plan also.

Just recently set up daughters first plan as PM low use one (50/50 $10) but think the text might be too low.  She's cool with using WiFi and doesn't make many calls. My second choice was to move to Koodo's $15-10% prepaid text only with some voice data add-ons but noticed freedom's plan.

PS. Great to see some plan and price adjustments to attract different markets.  

I think the 3g speed is good option to keep price lower.  I don't use speed intensive apps much unless on wifi. 

sbreakin

@Dunkman wrote:

@Alan_K  Awesome news.  That might attract more of my friends to migrate over.  Another possiblity for future plans is maybe a cheaper plan to compete with the Freedoom Mobile $15 plan for unlimited text, 100 minutes and 250 MB plan (an excellent budget plan for teenagers). That plan seems be getting a lot of attention on RFD these days.  

I second the suggestion for a teenager/ low used targeted plan with unlimited text and small amount of voice and data.  

I noticed freedom's plan also.

Just recently set up daughters first plan as PM low use one (50/50 $10) but think the text might be too low.  She's cool with using WiFi and doesn't make many calls. My second choice was to move to Koodo's $15-10% prepaid text only with some voice data add-ons but noticed freedom's plan.

mtfolks

I second (or is it third? fourth? FIFTH?!) the call for better LTE and also 90 day pricing. This is a nice move in the right direction but the whole notion of 3G plans (useable for most or not) is a big psychological hurdle to overcome to get many people to switch over. 

Now if you offered a $40 for 6GB 3G promo you might be on to

something. 

Oh well. Baby steps, I guess.

@ShawnC13, I agree with you, need unthrottled LTE plans on 90-day cycles that are priced better.

I would consider this 90-day plan if it was $15 cheaper.  I feel compared to the Fall 2016 Promo which is what I'm currently on, the differences in calling and data costs is currently too high.  If someone is paying for the same thing on a 30-day cycle at $50, those on a 90-day cycle should have a discount.

cork99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Big al. bring some lte promos   pretty pretty please  with a cherry on top make that 2 cherrys

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Always great to see pricing being lowered!!  I still beleive we need a bit better pricing for the 90 day plan, as people are fronting PM money on a longer term there should be a little reward for them doing this.

As well, all promo's have been on 3G plans anything coming for the LTE plans?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lg85

This is fantastic! Great way to attract more new customers! One comment I have on this is that I think there should be a mini incentive to sign a 90 day plan over a 30 day plan. The 90 day vs 30 day plan are technically the same price.

@David01 wrote:

Curious... I'm on the 6GB+500MB plan already and am already getting it for $50. Is this lowering to $45 or just staying at $50?

The one you have was probably a limited time promo where as the new one seems to be a regular price from now on. There is really no changes require on your part because both plans are exactly the same. The 90 days option will give you flexibility on your data usage compare to data on 30 days. 

youbme

Great to see PM get more competitive for higher data plans on 3G. I know several people who will consider switching to PM with these lower prices.

David01

Curious... I'm on the 6GB+500MB plan already and am already getting it for $50. Is this lowering to $45 or just staying at $50?

Orz

Nice! 

Now I'm torn between $40/4.5GB vs $50/6.5GB....decision decision.

@Dunkman wrote:

@Alan_K  Awesome news.  That might attract more of my friends to migrate over.  Another possiblity for future plans is maybe a cheaper plan to compete with the Freedoom Mobile $15 plan for unlimited text, 100 minutes and 250 MB plan (an excellent budget plan for teenagers). That plan seems be getting a lot of attention on RFD these days.  

Hey I like the creative spelling, Freedoom.  A matching offer would be lava hot.  Realistically, there is a premium to be paid to be on a real network.  That said, lowering the price of the $30 talk/text/data package a bit would be a good counter measure. 

dna2016

Wow, nice @Alan_K.  very rare to see providers lower their prices.  Awesome PM is looking to remain competitive in the marketplace.  Always have to make the necessary adjustments to prices and plans to increase subscriber base.  Great job. 

Need Help? Let's chat.