cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Public Mobile

Updated pricing on select 6 GB plans

Hey Community,

We’re excited to share with you that effective July 24th, 2018, we are lowering the prices for the following plans:

Plan Calculator Details

Now

• 30-day plan
  • 6 GB + 500 MB BONUS data at 3G speed (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and U.S.
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

$55 $50

• 90-day plan
  • 18 GB + 1.5 GB BONUS data at 3G speed (per 90 days)
  • Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and U.S.
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

$165 $150

That’s a $5 price reduction per 30 days for both plans! Totally sweet right?

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the  the ‘Build your own plan’ option and choose the plan length, talk, text, and data options outlined above.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to ‘Plan and Add-ons’
  3. Select ‘Change Plan’
  4. Select the ‘Build your own plan’ option and choose the plan length, talk, text, and data options outlined above. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.
  5. To confirm you have the plan you want, go to Self Serve, Select the “Overview” tab and view your plan details under “My Plan” to see how much you pay per month.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I already purchased one of these plans. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

No, the plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I chose to switch to one of these plans on my next renewal date. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

If you had requested to change your plan to one of these plans before this new pricing was announced, you will continue to pay $55 per 30 days /$165 per 90 days. The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for, making your money go further.

To learn more about the differences between these options, click here.  

Mayor / Maire

Re: Updated pricing on select 6 GB plans

Wow this is great news, hopefully now we can get some more referrals in with these better priced plans!

Thanks Alan & Public Mobile

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow, nice @Alan_K.  very rare to see providers lower their prices.  Awesome PM is looking to remain competitive in the marketplace.  Always have to make the necessary adjustments to prices and plans to increase subscriber base.  Great job. 

Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K  Awesome news.  That might attract more of my friends to migrate over.  Another possiblity for future plans is maybe a cheaper plan to compete with the Freedoom Mobile $15 plan for unlimited text, 100 minutes and 250 MB plan (an excellent budget plan for teenagers). That plan seems be getting a lot of attention on RFD these days.  

Oracle

@Dunkman wrote:

@Alan_K  Awesome news.  That might attract more of my friends to migrate over.  Another possiblity for future plans is maybe a cheaper plan to compete with the Freedoom Mobile $15 plan for unlimited text, 100 minutes and 250 MB plan (an excellent budget plan for teenagers). That plan seems be getting a lot of attention on RFD these days.  

Hey I like the creative spelling, Freedoom.  A matching offer would be lava hot.  Realistically, there is a premium to be paid to be on a real network.  That said, lowering the price of the $30 talk/text/data package a bit would be a good counter measure. 

Orz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nice! 

Now I'm torn between $40/4.5GB vs $50/6.5GB....decision decision.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Curious... I'm on the 6GB+500MB plan already and am already getting it for $50. Is this lowering to $45 or just staying at $50?

Tags (1)
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great to see PM get more competitive for higher data plans on 3G. I know several people who will consider switching to PM with these lower prices.

Oracle

@David01 wrote:

Curious... I'm on the 6GB+500MB plan already and am already getting it for $50. Is this lowering to $45 or just staying at $50?

The one you have was probably a limited time promo where as the new one seems to be a regular price from now on. There is really no changes require on your part because both plans are exactly the same. The 90 days option will give you flexibility on your data usage compare to data on 30 days. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is fantastic! Great way to attract more new customers! One comment I have on this is that I think there should be a mini incentive to sign a 90 day plan over a 30 day plan. The 90 day vs 30 day plan are technically the same price.