cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

This looks interesting. Hope it is popular.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

This looks like the first Public Mobile plan that includes unlimited text, but only to the U.S. and not to any other International destinations.


Also, does it include MMS? The details are vague.

 

SMS & MMS is in fact included, Internationally!

 

• Unlimited US Roaming Talk, Text, and Picture messaging
• Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

@Alan_K   I just signed into my account to view this plan (out of curiousity mostly), and I don't see the plan available.  Also I was wondering why I didn't receive an email alert for this which I'm signed up to receive or does this not qualify for deal alerts notice?

 

Edit:  Ignore the first sentence, I obviously missed the timeline starting tomorrowSmiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

Great plan especially for people who travel to the US alot of the time. Saves PM subscribers from  having to purchase a us roaming add-on or another sim for other providers.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!


@mimmo wrote:

Not bad if you travel to USA or call USA often.  The regular 8.5 gb sells for 50$, so for 10 more you get USA calling and roaming talk text and 2gb data.

 

I'll probably stick to my current plan. 


I'm pretty sure the $50 plan has the USA calling part too. This just gives the 2GB of US data I think.

Oracle

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!


@Psygineer wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Not bad if you travel to USA or call USA often.  The regular 8.5 gb sells for 50$, so for 10 more you get USA calling and roaming talk text and 2gb data.

 

I'll probably stick to my current plan. 


I'm pretty sure the $50 plan has the USA calling part too. This just gives the 2GB of US data I think.


The $50 plan includes calling to Canada and the U.S. while you are in Canada. This $60 plan works while you are in the U.S. as well, so it can replace what a U.S. roaming add-on does.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!


@SD08 wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Not bad if you travel to USA or call USA often.  The regular 8.5 gb sells for 50$, so for 10 more you get USA calling and roaming talk text and 2gb data.

 

I'll probably stick to my current plan. 


I'm pretty sure the $50 plan has the USA calling part too. This just gives the 2GB of US data I think.


The $50 plan includes calling to Canada and the U.S. while you are in Canada. This $60 plan works while you are in the U.S. as well, so it can replace what a U.S. roaming add-on does.


The $60 plan include unlimited text in both countries too.

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!


@sherr6 wrote:

This looks like the first Public Mobile plan that includes unlimited text, but only to the U.S. and not to any other International destinations.

 

Also, does it include MMS? The details are vague.


Clarrification on whether this plan this plan includes outgoing text messages worldwide while you're either in Canada or the U.S. should come shortly.  However, in the past, Public Mobile did use to have plans before that didn't include outgoing texts to anywhere (only within Canada).

 

As for MMS, I'm almost certain that's included. I don't beleive there's ever been a plan with text messaging that didn't also include MMS.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

ah yes, i was only thinking about how good the usa data would be to have, never thought about the roaming for calls and text.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

Like any other roaming service, MMS will most likely count towards data usage while roaming in the US but not within Canada, on Public Mobile’s network.

 

What I’d like to see is better US roaming addons (and domestic data addons) and possibly international roaming, since the roaming agreements are already in place at Telus.