cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

Good plan, especially for us traveler. 

Add us romaing addon like that, $10 one time for 2GB data for one month.  or something similar.  Smiley Happy

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

Sweet new plan, too rich for my blood though, wish there was a higher data bonus on the low to mid range plans, would bring things more closer to our american counterparts.

Oracle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@sherr6 wrote:

This looks like the first Public Mobile plan that includes unlimited text, but only to the U.S. and not to any other International destinations.

Also, does it include MMS? The details are vague.

Clarrification on whether this plan this plan includes outgoing text messages worldwide while you're either in Canada or the U.S. should come shortly.  However, in the past, Public Mobile did use to have plans before that didn't include outgoing texts to anywhere (only within Canada).

As for MMS, I'm almost certain that's included. I don't beleive there's ever been a plan with text messaging that didn't also include MMS.

Unless there's no common sense applied to the construction of this plan, when in Canada the plan is identical in function to a talk, text and data plan with calling to Canada and US included, and when in the US this plan functions as if a talk, text and data add-on were purchased.  It would one hot mess if the US roaming add-ons were completely different to this new plan.  

Oracle

@SomeFriend wrote:

Like any other roaming service, MMS will most likely count towards data usage while roaming in the US but not within Canada, on Public Mobile’s network.

What I’d like to see is better US roaming addons (and domestic data addons) and possibly international roaming, since the roaming agreements are already in place at Telus.

MMS goes through a proxy server and is always treated differently than other mobile data.  How would the roaming talk and text add-on work without mobile data?  

Oracle

Prior to this plan being offered, freedom mobile was the only carrier that offered a plan similar to this one.  I hope this offering means freedom is being taken seriously by the big 3.  

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’d be guessing it’s probably 3G but that’s Goodnuf this that’s all I get in Canada and it works great. 

Public Mobile

@computergeek541 wrote:

@sherr6 wrote:

This looks like the first Public Mobile plan that includes unlimited text, but only to the U.S. and not to any other International destinations.

Clarrification on whether this plan this plan includes outgoing text messages worldwide while you're either in Canada or the U.S. should come shortly.  However, in the past, Public Mobile did use to have plans before that didn't include outgoing texts to anywhere (only within Canada).

As for MMS, I'm almost certain that's included. I don't beleive there's ever been a plan with text messaging that didn't also include MMS.

Hi everyone, I can confirm international text is included, whether you're in Canada or the U.S. Smiley Happy

If I switch to this plan , does it start as soon as I switch when I do it online ? Or do I have to wait for the plan I’m on to end first ?  Do I get a rebait on what I didn't use?

Oracle

@Vidal wrote:

If I switch to this plan , does it start as soon as I switch when I do it online ? Or do I have to wait for the plan I’m on to end first ?  Do I get a rebait on what I didn't use?

@Vidal 

When you select the new plan, you can choose to make the change immediately or set it to change on your next renewal date. If you choose to change immediately, you will not get any refund or credit for the remainder of your already paid plan.  As long as you have scheduled the change while this plan is being offered, you will get this plan even if your renewal occurs after this plan is no longer offered.

@Alan_K wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@sherr6 wrote:

Hi everyone, I can confirm international text is included, whether you're in Canada or the U.S. Smiley Happy

Thank you for the update! And MMS? Included in both countries to send Internationally?

Edit: MMS is included Internationally. 

• Unlimited US Roaming Talk, Text, and Picture messaging
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging