cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 11, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Say hello to Summer :)! We’ve got the perfect plan for anyone headed state-side this Summer. For a limited time only, effective July 19th, 2019, you could get 8.5 GB of Canada Wide data, plus 2 GB of US Data Roaming, and Unlimited US roaming/Canada US Talk & Text for $60/mo! 

Plan details:

$60 for 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text

• 30-day plan
  • 8 GB of Canada-wide data at 3G speed + 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada/US Talk & Text - You could talk and text as much as you like from Canada to the U.S., and vice versa! 
  • Additional 2 GB of US data roaming
  • International text included in both Canada + U.S.
  • New and current customers are eligible

How this plan works:

Making a call to someone in Canada

Making a call to someone outside of Canada

In Canada

Included

Only U.S. included 

In U.S.

Included

Only U.S. included

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$60 unlimited Canada/US Talk & Text” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

380 REPLIES 380

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow, I knew this plan was too good of an offer to pass up on. I grabbed it and currently I'm in the states with this plan. For those who are on it, I turned on the phone after I landed and it just connected to AT&T without me even changing any settings and I didn't even get a roaming text or warning of any kind. It JUST works flawlessly. All calls, all texts in the U.S. back to Canada . Very happy. 

That was quick...as they say get it before it's gone...

If anyone is wondering, the $60 plan has already been removed from the self serve plan change page.

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

I hope that all regular roamers get the message in time to take this plan while they still can.  

I didn’t 😞

A friend was just about to pull the trigger and move to PM for this plan. He spends 5-6 months in the US each year. I’ve been answering questions for the last 48 hours and he is heading south in 10 days. We couldn’t find a confirmation that calls from the US side to US numbers were included and unlimited. I’m virtually certain they were but wanted to find proof.

Anyway, since I just noticed the expiry announcement in the evening with only 1 hour to go it won't be happening now. Frustrating.....

Terry

43395001-B0A2-4A4A-BB34-691122251699.jpeg 

Poogzley

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

@computergeek541 @Alan_K  I am going to try to grab it tonight before it expires! Smiley Happy 

Do you know if I am eligible to have it take effect on my next renewal date or do I need to renew my plan before it expires tonight?

As always, you should usually schedule the change to occur during the next renewal. Otherwise, you would lose what you've paid for your current plan.  Eligibility for this plan is no different than other plans.  You only need to request/schedule the change while it is still offered.

@computergeek541 Thanks for the info!

I hope that all regular roamers get the message in time to take this plan while they still can.  

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Too bad.

To soften the loss of this plan maybe they will offer 30 day US roaming add-ons and adjust the price accordingly. For example, now it's $8 for 10 days of talk, maybe offer $25 for 30 days of US roaming talk. Just to help with the renewing of the 10 day add-ons.

@Poogzley wrote:

@computergeek541 @Alan_K  I am going to try to grab it tonight before it expires! Smiley Happy 

Do you know if I am eligible to have it take effect on my next renewal date or do I need to renew my plan before it expires tonight?

As always, you should usually schedule the change to occur during the next renewal. Otherwise, you would lose what you've paid for your current plan.  Eligibility for this plan is no different than other plans.  You only need to request/schedule the change while it is still offered.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Poogzley wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Poogzley I know that roughly 8 hours isn't much notice, but it's better than no notice.  They really don't have to give any warning.  Part of me is saddened for people who like this plan, but part of me also wonders how popular this plan really was.  Many people would consider $60 to be expensive for a cell phone plan.  I potentially see this step being taken possibly to get people to stay on the $60 plan, rather than swtiching to a  less expensive plan and then back to this $60 plan only for times when the U.S. will be visisted.

You can schedule a plan change at your next renewal date as long as you schedule the change before expiry today,

Poogzley

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Poogzley I know that roughly 8 hours isn't much notice, but it's better than no notice.  They really don't have to give any warning.  Part of me is saddened for people who like this plan, but part of me also wonders how popular this plan really was.  Many people would consider $60 to be expensive for a cell phone plan.  I potentially see this step being taken possibly to get people to stay on the $60 plan, rather than swtiching to a  less expensive plan and then back to this $60 plan only for times when the U.S. will be visisted.

Poogzley

@Alan_K Did the expiration date just get added today? 

It seems like you are only giveing us a few hours notice!

I just received the email notification: Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 4.11.04 PM.png

8 hours seems a bit sneaky... Smiley Frustrated

@Alan_K wrote:

Update: This offer will expire on October 10th, 2019, 11:59 PM ET.

Hey Community,

Say hello to Summer :)! We’ve got the perfect plan for anyone headed state-side this Summer. For a limited time only, effective July 19th, 2019, you could get 8.5 GB of Canada Wide data, plus 2 GB of US Data Roaming, and Unlimited US roaming/Canada US Talk & Text for $60/mo! 

Plan details:

$60 for 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text

• 30-day plan
  • 8 GB of Canada-wide data at 3G speed + 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada/US Talk & Text - You could talk and text as much as you like from Canada to the U.S., and vice versa! 
  • Additional 2 GB of US data roaming
  • International text included in both Canada + U.S.
  • New and current customers are eligible

How this plan works:

Making a call to someone in Canada

Making a call to someone outside of Canada

In Canada

Included

Only U.S. included 

In U.S.

Included

Only U.S. included

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

What happens if the “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$60 unlimited Canada/US Talk & Text” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

@Ngoik wrote:

using up the 2gb roaming, won't stop me from texting or calling though, correct? I just can't use data until the next cycle? Is this a 30 day plan?

All currently offered in-market plans are 30 days.

Vidal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes you can still call and text

Ngoik

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Ngoik wrote:

I am very interested in switching from.freedom for this plan....i need to clarify: If I go to the US for a few weeks, I can still use my own phone to call and text to Canada/US, AND I have 2gb of data? NO extra purchase required? NO unexpected roaming costs?

Keep in mind that being a prepaid plan it will simply stop working when you exhaust any particular part of the plan. IE: use up your 2 Gb of US data and it will stop surfing the web while in the US until your next renewal.

Terry

Copy. 

using up the 2gb roaming, won't stop me from texting or calling though, correct? I just can't use data until the next cycle? Is this a 30 day plan?

@station1104 wrote:

this is a great plan for people that go south for the sun for the winter.

To pay little as possible, roaming add-on is probably better.  This plan is for customers who to U.S. regularly. The best part of this plan b is avoiding the texting bug when roaming add-ons expire.

station1104
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

this is a great plan for people that go south for the sun for the winter.

RedSands

Good to hear that the plan went well for them.

Pound
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

A friend had switched to this plan prior to their trip to the US. Overall experience was satisfactory to them. 

RedSands

You are correct should not have to change APN.

@popping wrote:

@RedSands wrote:

I am wondering with some other US plans on other networks you have to completely shut phone off and then turn back on to rest it? Not sure if it might need another setting.

Yes.  You need to enable roaming and restart phone to initialze the APN setting of the US network (AT&T or T-Mobile)

I'm not sure if Dana-S is asking about using a U.S. carrier's sim card and service or Public Mobile's, but a Public Mobile customer using this plan most definitely does not and should not be changing APN settings to that of AT&T or T-Mobile. The usual Public Mobile settings are to be used.

RedSands

Your more than welcome let us know how it goes for you.

MommaBear

I'll give it a shot... Thanks

RedSands

I know you have to have your roaming on but I like you didn't have to do that one time but with updates to systems or whatever just shut it off turn back on seems to work so phone can reset.

MommaBear

I haven't had to do that in the past when I purchased US packages..

popping

@RedSands wrote:

I am wondering with some other US plans on other networks you have to completely shut phone off and then turn back on to rest it? Not sure if it might need another setting.

Yes.  You need to enable roaming and restart phone to initialze the APN setting of the US network (AT&T or T-Mobile)

RedSands

popping

@MommaBear wrote:

I have this plan and was unable to use my phone in the U.S. (I live by the border) plus I had no US data.  I could use my phone previously when I use to buy the calls and data, but not since I changed plans.

When you are in US, enable roaming and restart you phone.  Your phone will be connected to AT&T or T-mobile.

MommaBear

I have this plan and was unable to use my phone today in the U.S. (I live by the border) plus I had no US data.  I could use my phone previously when I use to buy the calls and data, but not since I changed plans.

ironmikel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I came from Koodo and they use both AT&T and TMobile (at least did when I was there). I had to do the same thing on my Koodo plan and manually select a network occasionally when locked to one or the other network with a weaker signal.

Need Help? Let's chat.