Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

@dabr 

Yes that too.

But the (updated) was added to the very first post so it appears on a large number of the posts but not on others.

AE_Collector 

@AE_Collector wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Meow wrote:

@softech wrote:

@Meow 

try Yes..

I did YES and it failed.. then I tried Yes and worked.. (case sensitive in my case..)

I believe I tried all possible combos of upper/lower letters... Still 'You've entered an invalid response'...

@Meow    If you log into your account and go to the add-ons page, one part of the holiday gifts (500 LD mins) is available to be purchased for $0, but for me that it isn't clickable.  That may be because I've already received the gifts, but it might be available for you?    However, I don't see the 2GB data gift on the page.

That’s what I saw on both my accounts as well. One account already had the two gifts and the other one didn’t have then (though I had sent YES) multiple times. So it doesn’t seem to matter if you have already received the bonus or not, you cant successfully click on that item.

AE_Collector

Yes, it's definitely not clickable...maybe it will be get activated for those who haven't received theirs yet, perhaps after the 15th?

@AE_Collector wrote:

@barndoor wrote:

Just curious ...why dose the title of the thread keep bouncing around ?    It's no wonder i seem to have lost track of threads before if the titles can get changed half way through . 

The title was modified on the fly when it was updated. The actual post that you click the reply button in deferments what your title will be. Thus it bounces around from one to another.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector   I think it's more likely that threads (with their own title) posted under other headings have been merged into this main one, and yes, if replying to the merged thread, your post also will show that heading.

@dabr wrote:

@Meow wrote:

@softech wrote:

@Meow 

try Yes..

I did YES and it failed.. then I tried Yes and worked.. (case sensitive in my case..)

I believe I tried all possible combos of upper/lower letters... Still 'You've entered an invalid response'...

@Meow    If you log into your account and go to the add-ons page, one part of the holiday gifts (500 LD mins) is available to be purchased for $0, but for me that it isn't clickable.  That may be because I've already received the gifts, but it might be available for you?    However, I don't see the 2GB data gift on the page.

That’s what I saw on both my accounts as well. One account already had the two gifts and the other one didn’t have then (though I had sent YES) multiple times. So it doesn’t seem to matter if you have already received the bonus or not, you cant successfully click on that item.

AE_Collector

srle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I can't redeem free holiday gift 2gb and 500 minutes, because I can't reply to the text that was sent. It is my kid's watch (phone) and I am only able to recieved messages, not reply. Is there another way to redeem this promo?

Thanks

@barndoor wrote:

Just curious ...why dose the title of the thread keep bouncing around ?    It's no wonder i seem to have lost track of threads before if the titles can get changed half way through . 

The title was modified on the fly when it was updated. The actual post that you click the reply button in deferments what your title will be. Thus it bounces around from one to another.

AE_Collector

Rogido
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The free add-ons have now been added to both of my accounts!  😊

Link1

I can confirm as another person who's been with Public Mobile for both the minutes and the data bonuses, it will use whatever you have on your plan first. Then, it will use bonuses once there is nothing else available.

@LeafsChick     There's definitely nothing to lose (no overages here) if you try calling Norway with the holiday gifted minutes and as already mentioned that list of countries isn't necessarily complete.  It seems more than likely that you will be able to call Norway...

Maybe you can come back and confirm that it worked or not too?

@Bfdarby wrote:

Hi,

I’ve been with Public Mobile for a couple years and the Holiday Add-ons get added to your account as a one time bonus. Mine have never expired but my bonus data just slowly gets used up when I go over my monthly data limit. 

Hope that helps! 

That's the beauty of the add-ons at Public Mobile. If you do use up your regular plan data in your 30 day period...the add-on data then takes over. If you have any unused add-on data at next renewal, it just rolls over again and is ready for next time. Like you, I still have Holiday data and talk minutes from 2 years ago. 😎

All I ever got at Rogers was Sweet Fanny Adams.

Bfdarby

Hi,

I’ve been with Public Mobile for a couple years and the Holiday Add-ons get added to your account as a one time bonus. Mine have never expired but my bonus data just slowly gets used up when I go over my monthly data limit. 

Hope that helps! 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Triguy wrote:

@dabr Only CSA can add them.

@Triguy   For now that seems to be correct..

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@dabr Only CSA can add them.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Meow   Okay...I thought it might different for those who haven't received their gifts yet.  I'm sure the CSA will be able to add it quickly for you.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@Meow    If you log into your account and go to the add-ons page, one part of the holiday gifts (500 LD mins) is available to be purchased for $0, but for me that it isn't clickable.

Thank you @dabr. I can see that too but it is not clickable for me either. Anyway I would not buy it for $0 as that might screw up full bonus. CSA replied 'team is working on this issue...' and they will add it manually. Will check on Friday.

Meow_0-1639424063670.png

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Meow wrote:

@softech wrote:

@Meow 

try Yes..

@Meow wrote:

@tdeb wrote:

1,   My 1GB limit each month that will renew, but the 2GB one-time data bonus is a separate amount of data, which will not renew, but it has no expiry? 

2.   How do they/I/you track monthly 1GB spending that renews each month on top of the 2GB spending that will run out?

1. Correct. Your 1GB will renew (reset) every 30 days. 2GB bonus will never expire. Upon using it all up, it will absolutely expire. 

2. When you use your 1GB additional data will start eating your 2GB bonus. That means if you are careful with your plan's 1GB, your 2GB will stay there for emergency.

@softech wrote:

@Meow 

try Yes..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr : lol I tried to figure a joke. Beats a stick I suppose. 🙂

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@tdeb wrote:

1,   My 1GB limit each month that will renew, but the 2GB one-time data bonus is a separate amount of data, which will not renew, but it has no expiry? 

2.   How do they/I/you track monthly 1GB spending that renews each month on top of the 2GB spending that will run out?

1. Correct. Your 1GB will renew (reset) every 30 days. 2GB bonus will never expire.

2. When you use your 1GB additional data will start eating your 2GB bonus. That means if you are careful with your plan's 1GB, your 2GB will stay there for emergency.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Triguy wrote:

Once your 1GB of plan data is used the your 2GB of bonus data gets used.  It remains in your account and carrots of to the next month until it is used up.

@Triguy    Lol...autocorrect?

@Meow 

try Yes..

@LeafsChick wrote:

Assuming the only countries included are the ones listed, and not the regular PM international list (for add on plans?)

I wanted to call Norway, but its not on this list, so I'd need to do an add on for it to work

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

The complete list from currently offered paid international add-on as well as the countries above has actually always worked for the holiday LD add-on giveaways from the previous 2 years, and it's doubtful that any change was made this year. This is not something that is advertised.  

No matter how many times I replied YES I am getting 'incorrect reply' from 4911. Opened a ticket... Very frustrating.

@tdeb wrote:

Sorry, I am new to PM, and new to these terms. I received "2GB one-time data bonus". 

I know you mentioned "They'll stay on your account as long as your account is active. Once you use 'em...they're gone...not recurring."

I signed up for 500+500MB data plan (so a 1GB monthly plan). I just wanted to clarify and see if I am understanding my plan correctly...

My 1GB limit each month that will renew, but the 2GB one-time data bonus is a separate amount of data, which will not renew, but it has no expiry? 

How do they/I/you track monthly 1GB spending that renews each month on top of the 2GB spending that will run out?

@tdeb   yes, your 1GB is occurring, 2GB is a one time bonus

they will be shown on different lines on My Account's My Data & Add-ons

this is the monthly 1GB

500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed
562.220  /  1024 MB

this is the one time 2GB, but no expiry

2GB one-time data bonus
0  /  2048 MB

Once your 1GB of plan data is used the your 2GB of bonus data gets used.  It remains in your account and carries over to the next month until it is used up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tdeb : These kinds of add-ons stay in the background unused until you use up your plan data. Then they will get used. Then your plan renews and you go back to using the plan data.

tdeb

Sorry, I am new to PM, and new to these terms. I received "2GB one-time data bonus". 

I know you mentioned "They'll stay on your account as long as your account is active. Once you use 'em...they're gone...not recurring."

I signed up for 500+500MB data plan (so a 1GB monthly plan). I just wanted to clarify and see if I am understanding my plan correctly...

My 1GB limit each month that will renew, but the 2GB one-time data bonus is a separate amount of data, which will not renew, but it has no expiry? 

How do they/I/you track monthly 1GB spending that renews each month on top of the 2GB spending that will run out?

I definitely wouldn’t buy a different add-on before trying with the gift add-on. I am almost certain that some other countries have been found to work despite not being included on the official list.

AE_Collector

Back to my scenario… 2 identical $15 plans, both received the text message, both had YES replied, three or four days later one account received the bonus but the other did not even after YES sent multiple more times over multiple days.

Just 15 minutes ago the account that had NOT received the bonus received the original offer text from PM. I replied YES and instantly received the text confirming and checked my account to see the bonus IS now there.

Nothing to it! Maybe they found and fixed a glitch?

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.