Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

Spazhead
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi thanks,

shahriarcmc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why not Bangledesh?????????? Then how to use those international bonus minutes?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jack999 

can paste screenshot when you reply  YES  what you getting and also try to do open your data on, 

What kind of your device?

@Spazhead wrote:

4 out 5 of my friends and I did not get the text message for this reward.  any other way to get it?

@Spazhead   Just be patient , it will come.  Even you got the text, there is a big delay for PM to apply the bonus.  

No worry.. it will come 

Spazhead

4 out 5 of my friends and I did not get the text message for this reward.  any other way to get it?

Jack999

@Anonymous  I tried refreshing my network per your steps, but still the "YES" text message was not delivered after sending.However, thank you very much for your time!!

As a solution summary so far: It would better wait a couple of days and retry repeatedly till December 14. After December 14, if the replying "YES" is still not getting delivered to the 4911 sender, proceed to contact CS Agent for help.

@BlueB 

We haven't heard from her… she is obviously in the basement ensuring the hot wired Electrical feed from the lane doesn’t overheat. I bet it sounds like the bridge of the Enterprise down there right now with all the 60 year old sound effects!

(See you in the Lounge for a Rum & Coke!)

AE_Collector

@BlueB wrote:

@J_PM 

Suggestion - since we're seeing a delay between accepting the Bonus and being applied to accounts, would it be better to add/modify the wording that the bonus will be applied in 24-48 hours?  

@BlueB  or try to diverse the SMS traffic

Reply within an hour got 1 GB

1-24 hours got 2GB

1 day 5 days got 3GB

>5 days got 5GB

.. ... but serious... I think it is time for PM to slow down the invite text

CalgaryGuy

Thx for the reply. Been 》24 hrs. Guess I'll check tomorrow. 

@NDesai wrote:

Same thing for me. I did not get a reply after texting YES and nothing in my account. Let wait a day and see what happens. 

Oracle does not get an express lane? you spent all these time for PM this year and they treat you the same????? 😜

@BlueB wrote:

@softech 

If you really want to know, ask @darlicious - I'm sure her UNIVAC has figured it out by now!  lol

@BlueB   @darlicious ' UNIVAC found out the secret... we thought..

but probably due to overheat.. turn out it was WRONG  😤    ... She is busy fixing it now... 

(and look like the reply YES is not working on PM side, too.. maybe too many YES and they all turned into NO NO NO NO STOP STOP STOP)

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

OMG!! Are you saying when you were hitting the top 1% that reward was going to waste? Or were you directing it to a family member?

Well that is the million dollar question isn't It? Do you hope for a free month and 5gb bonus add on like previous Christmas/Boxing Week promos? Will they be stackable with an in store activation like CCS's activation bundles? Do you preorder an activation bundle so your ducks are all in a row if that happens? Will the offer be the same one? What if you don't need a $35+ plan? Do you feel lucky?

Whoa, wait a minute @darlicious, do you mean the months of top 1% could've saved ME money?   Well DARN it!!!!

Gotcha!

Yup, one of my 'users' benefitted.   😁

Now the time is right for me to finally join the PM 'family' and have the actual right to complain when my own service fails from time to time.    LOL

Probably will activate on the $15 plan with referral from family member within the last week of December.   

So yes, the question to myself is....

HALIMACS_1-1612118137144.jpeg

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@J_PM 

Suggestion - since we're seeing a delay between accepting the Bonus and being applied to accounts, would it be better to add/modify the wording that the bonus will be applied in 24-48 hours?  

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I wonder how long can this thread go...🤔

I'm pretty sure it will double this page 26.. 🙂
On the other hand, I don't understand why PM requires to reply to the message at all. Why just not apply gifts to all accounts  automatically and inform users gift is there as I don't know anyone who doesn't want it. This way just creating confusion and millions questions asked. Also, I'm sure many will reach out to Customer Service and spend their time. 

@CalgaryGuy wrote:

I replied to my sms YES but DID NOT get my rewards? Any idea why?

Same thing for me. I did not get a reply after texting YES and nothing in my account. Let wait a day and see what happens. 

BlueB

@softech 

I doubt it's random or else some people may get left out and probably takes more computing power than its worth it.  Your suggestion of the renewal date is a good one!  My theory is that it's how "good" you've been this year.  If you made Santa's Naughty List, you may not get it at all... maybe that's what's happening to @hTideGnow.  lol

If you really want to know, ask @darlicious - I'm sure her UNIVAC has figured it out by now!  lol

I'm curious why the text-reply to poll for for a response as opposed to offering it to everyone.  I'm sure there's a reason why- anybody know?  🙂

@CalgaryGuy wrote:

HI @CalgaryGuy 

It's a big delay.  Some people see the bonus in My Account 24 hours after replying the text.  So, it will come.. 🙂

CalgaryGuy

@AE_Collector  Jade replied on Page 18

If customers do not receive their SMS offer by mid-month or are unable to redeem because of a specific situation, our agents can help with next steps. However, I would strongly advise customers to wait until mid-December and return if they are still unable to redeem through SMS.

I wonder how long can this thread go...🤔

Thought I would scroll through the topic to see what (if any) suggestions there are for people who are out of the country and will not be back by December 31. BUT.. OMG, the topic is already 26 pages long! I dont have the willpower right at the moment to go through it all… any discussion so far about this? There must be a way that isn’t too complicated to claim the gifts if service is active but no way to receive the text on a cell phone?

AE_Collector

pkaraa

@hairbag1 wrote:

I got the text notification at 10am today and replied YES right away. They're still not applied to my account at 3pm. I'm sure it will eventually get there.

Check after 9pm if still not applied.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SidB wrote:

Thanks, I'll try!

@SidB    If you are successful with your call to the Netherlands, can you update your post so that we know the list of countries is not limited to what the announcement says.  Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jack999 

just a min do you have the SMS from 491-1  and when do Reply YES 

is not going right ?

do you still have that SMS ?

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

also try Reply YES all capital letter only YES 

SidB

Thanks, I'll try!

@DavidP51 wrote:

@hTideGnow  Yes, the log shows usage after the 4911 text & my YES reply...

Hi @DavidP51 

Not sure what to say.  I heard there is heavy delay.  People only see the bonus after 24 hours.  Maybe you can try to resend, or maybe wait 24 hours first

pkaraa

@Lindaq888 wrote:

As an old guest, will I have these rewards?

@Lindaq888 do you still have an active account? IF yes then you ll get it too. Just watch out for the Text to be replied.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SidB wrote:

I did not see the Netherlands in the "included country" list. Will this country be part of the long distance minutes?

@SidB    Do you already have the holiday gifts added to your account?  Then just try calling to see if the call goes through.  You won't get charged anything if the call fails, plus PM is prepaid so there won't be any overages to worry about. 

While Netherlands isn't mentioned in the list of countries, it's more than possible that you might still be able to use these mins to call there as it's included in the list of countries for the 300 international mins add-on.

DavidP51

@hTideGnow  Yes, the log shows usage after the 4911 text & my YES reply...

Jack999

@Anonymous  Okay, December 14. Thanks!

Jack999

@dabrOkay, that's a alternative solution. I will try it in case needed later on. Thanks! 

Need Help? Let's chat.