Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,584 REPLIES 5,584

Noybit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

At the bottom of your mobile app, you will see a rewards tab
Click on this and you will see available rewards according to how many points you currently have.
Check out the catalogue and look for Bill Credits. 
You need At Least 15 points to be able to apply a $15 credit to your bill - Again, keep in mind you need a minimum of 15 points!

Noybit

I might have to do the same, unfortunately... really didn't want to, but it seems they're making it easier to leave than to stay with them. 😞

Noybit

I feel the same way!

schen993

@Noybit 

I switched to Fizz with a plan cheaper than before. The activation was a bit weird, but I have a friend who's with Fizz and has not had any issues with it, so hoping for the best!

I gave PM many months notice that I wanted to switch, nothing happened for a loyal customer of 10+ years.... so I went ahead and switched.

Noybit

Did you end up finding a solution? I was getting $6 off per month before, now nothing.... I'm pretty pissed off 

kaostream1

I got notice of the rewards for my account, not sure how to tap into rewards?

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Scamp wrote:

You can get a $23 plan for 6GB now on 4G

Unfortunately, that is a targetted offer and is not available to all customers.

I'm losing reference points with every line that is ported out, but, if you are primarily using the web version of My Account, it might be worthwhile double checking in the app. No guarantees, but, for us, it's been a couple of times now that the available plans in the app were different than the web version for the same account. YMMV.

@Scamp wrote:

Unfortunately, that is a targetted offer and is not available to all customers.

Scamp

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Macleaner 

no going back. Everyone wants it but no.  We have to get used to the new norm, 5% in points and best way to save is bring in friends for referral rewards

Macleaner
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was Getting $4 a MONTH off My bill .. I would like for it to go back to the way it was.  I didn't sign up for this new Rewards way!!  

How do I go back ??

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

id $29 is available for you, but you cannot change due to error, just ask PM to help.  Open ticket using the orange Chatbot icon on the lower right, type Submit ticket and then choose Contact us from the list and it will bring you ticket open screen 

dudesbot

Does PM not like customers anymore??

Serious question...

I've finally used up all my existing credits and go to see the only plan available lower than mine is the $29 now. The $19 is now gone and no $23 or anything. Out of curiosity, I tried the switch on renewal to the $29 and repeatedly got the message "Change failed - please try again", absolutely would not work on the app, but the more expensive ones worked without issue. I did get it to work on the website, but it's very suspicious. Seems like PM really doesn't want me to have any lower priced plan.

I've been an extremely loyal PM customer and am just really sad how it changed so much. I do not feel appreciated at all by PM anymore.

@ger01 wrote:

I went from $94.08 (3 months ago) to just getting billed $133.28 under the new rewards program... I still fail to see how this rewards program is "better" as PM claimed... So disappointed. 

The enhanced part of the points system has to do more with the fact that some add-ons can be purchased for less using points than it would normally cost with equivalent account balance amounts.

ger01

I went from $94.08 (3 months ago) to just getting billed $133.28 under the new rewards program... I still fail to see how this rewards program is "better" as PM claimed... So disappointed. 

schen993

Same here.

@jhhead wrote:

I thought it would be to available to all since I saw it on my account and my wife's and did not get any targeted messaging. I'm actually on the $22 6GB 4G plan that was offered by text and my wife is currently on the $24 4GB 4G plan. 

Text messaging isn't the only way that Public Mobile offers targeted offers. In the case of the plans shown in Self Serve, it's possible for different plans to be made availiable to different customers.

jhhead
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I thought it would be to available to all since I saw it on my account and my wife's and did not get any targeted messaging. I'm actually on the $22 6GB 4G plan that was offered by text and my wife is currently on the $24 4GB 4G plan. 

@jhhead wrote:

FYI: It looks like the $23 6GB 4G plan is now available in the online app for existing subscribers to switch to 🙌

1000010554.png

Public Mobile is not offering this plan to all existing customers.  At times, Public Mobile makes targetted plans to specific customers.

jhhead
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

FYI: It looks like the $23 6GB 4G plan is now available in the online app for existing subscribers to switch to 🙌

1000010554.png

Bleurgh

I find it quite annoying that having been with public for 4, maybe 5 years, I don’t get the benefit of all of those anniversaries with the new points program. 
I’m fortunate that I’ve switched to a better plan but it feels like all my years of sticking with and promoting Public to others has just gone down the drain…..

Yuan-zhu

Not at all 😞

Yuan-zhu

I will definitely check it out, thanks.

Yuan-zhu

Same here too :-((((

Zheng-lvzz98

Useful 

Laddyboy

My bill has doubled under this new plan. I'm definitely not happy about it.

wingy

How can that be They promised it would be better are you saying that Public mobile does not honor there promises

keyboard

Have been a Public customer for over 5 years. Lost alllll my so-called "loyalty" and referral discounts. My bill is almost DOUBLE what I was paying, overnight, just like that courtesy of this new Points plan. Whole family impacted. Terrible. How dare, Public. 

SWND1

Freedom mobile prepaid plans are lot cheaper. Check it out. I am leaving.

Random_User

I am not a big fan of this change. After using Public Mobile for many years and having loyalty discount each month + friend referral discount I am left with nothing. 1.something point each month is nothing comparing to what I used to have before. 

They gave me bonus internet data GB for mandatory switching to this new point system and that data disappeared sooner than its expiry date so I didn't even use that. Quite disappointed with this new point program... 😞 

Need Help? Let's chat.