Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,603 REPLIES 5,603

Scamp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can get a $23 plan for 6GB now on 4G

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Macleaner 

no going back. Everyone wants it but no.  We have to get used to the new norm, 5% in points and best way to save is bring in friends for referral rewards

Macleaner
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was Getting $4 a MONTH off My bill .. I would like for it to go back to the way it was.  I didn't sign up for this new Rewards way!!  

How do I go back ??

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

id $29 is available for you, but you cannot change due to error, just ask PM to help.  Open ticket using the orange Chatbot icon on the lower right, type Submit ticket and then choose Contact us from the list and it will bring you ticket open screen 

dudesbot

Does PM not like customers anymore??

Serious question...

I've finally used up all my existing credits and go to see the only plan available lower than mine is the $29 now. The $19 is now gone and no $23 or anything. Out of curiosity, I tried the switch on renewal to the $29 and repeatedly got the message "Change failed - please try again", absolutely would not work on the app, but the more expensive ones worked without issue. I did get it to work on the website, but it's very suspicious. Seems like PM really doesn't want me to have any lower priced plan.

I've been an extremely loyal PM customer and am just really sad how it changed so much. I do not feel appreciated at all by PM anymore.

@ger01 wrote:

I went from $94.08 (3 months ago) to just getting billed $133.28 under the new rewards program... I still fail to see how this rewards program is "better" as PM claimed... So disappointed. 

The enhanced part of the points system has to do more with the fact that some add-ons can be purchased for less using points than it would normally cost with equivalent account balance amounts.

ger01

I went from $94.08 (3 months ago) to just getting billed $133.28 under the new rewards program... I still fail to see how this rewards program is "better" as PM claimed... So disappointed. 

schen993

Same here.

@jhhead wrote:

I thought it would be to available to all since I saw it on my account and my wife's and did not get any targeted messaging. I'm actually on the $22 6GB 4G plan that was offered by text and my wife is currently on the $24 4GB 4G plan. 

Text messaging isn't the only way that Public Mobile offers targeted offers. In the case of the plans shown in Self Serve, it's possible for different plans to be made availiable to different customers.

jhhead
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I thought it would be to available to all since I saw it on my account and my wife's and did not get any targeted messaging. I'm actually on the $22 6GB 4G plan that was offered by text and my wife is currently on the $24 4GB 4G plan. 

@jhhead wrote:

FYI: It looks like the $23 6GB 4G plan is now available in the online app for existing subscribers to switch to 🙌

1000010554.png

Public Mobile is not offering this plan to all existing customers.  At times, Public Mobile makes targetted plans to specific customers.

jhhead
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

FYI: It looks like the $23 6GB 4G plan is now available in the online app for existing subscribers to switch to 🙌

1000010554.png

Bleurgh

I find it quite annoying that having been with public for 4, maybe 5 years, I don’t get the benefit of all of those anniversaries with the new points program. 
I’m fortunate that I’ve switched to a better plan but it feels like all my years of sticking with and promoting Public to others has just gone down the drain…..

Yuan-zhu

Not at all 😞

Yuan-zhu

Same here too :-((((

Zheng-lvzz98

Useful 

Laddyboy

My bill has doubled under this new plan. I'm definitely not happy about it.

wingy

How can that be They promised it would be better are you saying that Public mobile does not honor there promises

keyboard

Have been a Public customer for over 5 years. Lost alllll my so-called "loyalty" and referral discounts. My bill is almost DOUBLE what I was paying, overnight, just like that courtesy of this new Points plan. Whole family impacted. Terrible. How dare, Public. 

Random_User

I am not a big fan of this change. After using Public Mobile for many years and having loyalty discount each month + friend referral discount I am left with nothing. 1.something point each month is nothing comparing to what I used to have before. 

They gave me bonus internet data GB for mandatory switching to this new point system and that data disappeared sooner than its expiry date so I didn't even use that. Quite disappointed with this new point program... 😞 

@love4looned wrote:

Yes monthly autopay was much better. Now we are left with no option to take advantage of it. It is pathetic!!

@love4looned 

Losing the loyalty rewards (up to $5/month for 5 years service) affects customers even more. 

5% back on payment in points often will cover the $2 autopay especially for customers on the $40 + plans.  

@Godzillaz 

@Godzillaz wrote:

Ok so here is a weird issue for you

Old legacy account on a modern day plan (the $40 for 75GB with US roaming)

Lost all the rewards as promised (no autopay, no tenure etc)

Now I only am getting 3 points per month (for referals)

Is there any reason why I am not getting the 5% cashback points that were promised?

Usually the 5% back in points should be credited within 24-48 hours of payment. 

If you have available balance from previous legacy rewards or converted points and used that to pay for your plan, you will not get 5% back on those payments.  

Godzillaz

Ok so here is a weird issue for you

Old legacy account on a modern day plan (the $40 for 75GB with US roaming)

Lost all the rewards as promised (no autopay, no tenure etc)

Now I only am getting 3 points per month (for referals)

Is there any reason why I am not getting the 5% cashback points that were promised?

love4looned

Yes monthly autopay was much better. Now we are left with no option to take advantage of it. It is pathetic!!

@My2cents wrote:

Hope the change is for the better

The changes have already happened, and it's not for the better. The points system is much worse than the old rewards system and is the very reason that proably almost nobody had previously voluntarily switched and also the reason for so much backlash directed towards Public Mobile over these changes.

My2cents

Hope the change is for the better

Kevin6432

I'm switching my entire family away from Public. We don't put up with bull*** like this. No loyalty from Public = No loyalty from us. We'll actually be saving money moving to No Name Mobile. We will not be paying the $280/yr that our three plans combined have increased due to the new rewards system.

Goodbye, Public. You will not be missed. (Well, your old loyalty system will, but as that's dead, the new Public will not be missed one bit)

Bottomshelf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Everything stays including the "bonus". I updated my spouse's plan from $25 1 gb to the $19 plan 1gb plan.  As of today all the the freebie minutes and data is still there.  The app says there are 52 days left on the "bonus" data.

HI @Cheefster 

yes, that bonus will be gone if you downgrade your plan

But you have a $25 -1GB plan now, better to switch to the $19/1GB to get the $6 saving back. 

Also, your bonus is now down to 55 days left.  If you choose Change on Renewal to change to $19 plan, by the time your cycle ends, it might be just 30 days left for the bonus data, you didn't lose much

(don't wait and change plan later, we don't know how long the $19/1GB plan is here for existing subscribers)

Simon24

As I know, downgrade subscription plans will remove your Loyalty Bonus 30GB.  Perhaps, you may consider to port out to other providers to have data at a lower price.

Need Help? Let's chat.