cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until May 27- Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 when you sign up for a 30-day plan!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective May 26, 2018 until May 27, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30-day plan from now until May 27, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!

• The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 72 hours of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
    • This offer is not stackable with the offer to get a SIM + $20 account credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart. If you are activating at Walmart on a Public Mobile Talk + Text plan, you will be eligible for the $0 SIM and $20 account credit. All other Public Mobile 30-day plans that include data, purchased from Walmart, will be eligible for the 30 days + SIM for $0.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • Due to the short promotional timeframe, SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each), as we cannot guarantee that they will arrive before the promotion ends.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

32 REPLIES 32

smp99

To resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 day/weeks but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

Win
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up my dad on May 27 for the $20 unlimited talk plan at walmart. I still do not see a bill credit on the account. What should i do now?

Pryncess44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You pay for the first 30 days when you activate

Within 72 hours they will put the amount of your plan in your PM account online 

mine was there the next day as well as 2 dollars for auto pay 

rekopevoli

Thanks!

@rekopevoli

The fine details are explained in this announcement thread's opening post.

Short version: technically, your second month at PM is free ... think of it as a "buy one, get one" sort of deal.

rekopevoli

I activated my Public Mobile SIM card today to take advantage of the 30 days for $0.  I guess I didn't follow the correct steps because my card was successfully activated but my credit card was charged for the first 30 days.  Can anyone let me know if I have any options for getting reimbursed for the first 30 days?  Cheers.

JonCarriere

Just to let everyone know, while the Wow mobile staff selling the SIM cards seemed clueless about the promotion this weekend, a moderator took care of the problem right away for me. So +1 to PM for at least taking care of their customers properly. 

jet75

Walmart was all out of the sim cards when i went to do this today.

I went into Quinte mall and bought one from a kiosk there.

I then went to mac's/circle k to buy a voucher to acitivate the phone.

However i'm hving issues with my gmail account. So I can't verify the message you sent earlier.

Can you please verify all discounts for this 2 day flash sale will be creited to my account?

Please text me as I'm using a friends internet or email them for me:ctcswat@gmail.com.

Patb106

No, I don’t believe so. From what I’ve read, the 30 day is credited within 72 hours of activation. The SIM is only free if activated in store.

JonCarriere

I got my SIM card from a Wow mobile location in Quebec today and also had a problem getting the free SIM card. She told me the French page she was reading said you would only get a free SIM if buying it online. That's the opposite of what it explicitly states in English but she said she was reading it right off the page (in French) so I couldn't really argue it any further. She also refused to activate the plan in store, telling me I have to do it online myself and would only sell me a $22 top up card for the activation (which I could have just done with a credit card anyway). I'm very unimpressed and will be contacting a moderator about the problem. What's the point of running good promos if nobody knows what's going on? 

Pryncess44

Does service have to be activated at wal mart to get the 30 day credit? I bought my SIM card there today after waiting for 2 hours for the girl to try and activate it and couldn’t wait anymore 

Patb106

Hi. I went to Walmart in Renfrew, Ontario and activated a $35 account. I’m new to Public Mobile but pointed out to the sales attendant, Stacie, that the SIM card was supposed to be $0.00 when the account was activated in store and that I’m to get my next month free. She checked her book and said that the free SIM card is not stackable with the $20. I asked what the $20 was for and she said that it was my next month free. I ended up paying the $10 for the SIM card but I’m sure she’s wrong. Not sure what I can do about it. Not starting off well. Is there anything that I can do?

@Jmckimmie007 wrote:

Aside from the fact, that in order to get referral rewards you need to give people your phone number! Who wants to do that?

Yes, they know your phone number and you know their phone number.  That's hardly an issue if they're people you actually know.  But I suppose it can be more problematic when they're random strangers pulled off the internet. Smiley Tongue

Jmckimmie007

Aside from the fact, that in order to get referral rewards you need to give people your phone number! Who wants to do that?

@Jmckimmie007

PM has already rolled out several promos which exclusively target new customers.

Existing PM customers can always choose to close their accounts and register again with new accounts (and new emails) ... but would lose any account balance, all Loyalty and Referral Rewards, SIM card, phone number, discontinued/grandfathered plan (if they have one), etc.  For some (like myself) who've been here a while it's a lot to trade away to "save" twenty bucks or to get a "free" month of service.  For others (like yourself) who've recently joined PM it might be worth scoring one of these "new customer" promos by starting from scratch again.

Hopefully some of those folks you've been rallying have joined PM - each one could be a Referral Reward for you, $1 every 30 days for as long as they stay, and enough Rewards can "get your plan down to $0".

Jmckimmie007

Public mobile, why is it that the free month of service is only for new customers?
I have been rallying customers for public mobile since I discovered them. Forum after forum, mobile pages.. everywhere! But we don’t qualify? That’s insane! Don’t think I will be recommending you guys anymore.

smp99

Walmart is only involved so far as the free sim is concerned. They have nothing to to with the account credit so don’t bother asking. That will happen post activation. Just get your new account up and running and PM will take care of the credit. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Daveashore, Yes. Absolutely. 

Daveashore

I had ordered  a SIM card, planning to activate in a week or so.  Then I saw this offer of 30 days free.  Wal-Mart staff helped me activate on Saturday May 26.

Although I  did not receive the free SIM card, am I  still eligible for the free 30 days?

@Korth wrote:

Is PM advertising these things anywhere off their own forums?  I suspect that few "new customers" ever visit the site (especially within such a narrow time window) - indeed, I suspect few existing PM customers visit the site until/unless they need questions answered and problems fixed.

They advertise on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram.

A friend tells me that the local Walmart (in Chilliwack, BC) wasn't aware of this promo and didn't think it was legit or "applicable for this region" when she showed them this PM announcement thread.

Is PM advertising these things anywhere off their own forums?  I suspect that few "new customers" ever visit the site (especially within such a narrow time window) - indeed, I suspect few existing PM customers visit the site until/unless they need questions answered and problems fixed.

@danlee wrote:

Do you have to select a plan right away at Walmart pay the initial plan fees in order to get the credits? 

Also, PM should extend the promotion for say 1 week instead of 1 day imo. 

Yes, to both comments.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you have to select a plan right away at Walmart pay the initial plan fees in order to get the credits? 

Also, PM should extend the promotion for say 1 week instead of 1 day imo. 

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@canucks4life wrote:

So let me get this straight if I was a drug dealer could walk into a Walmart pick the best 30-day plan eg talk/text/data 5GB LTE pay cash up front then my account will be credited within 72hrs?

Dawg, this flash deal is dope! Smiley Wink

DethiosLady

I’m pretty sure just Walmart for that promotion of the activation and $20 credit.

matbasm

@canucks4life, Sounds about right.  Keep in mind that if you cancel after getting the credit, you can't ask to get your credit balance refunded to you.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

So let me get this straight if I was a drug dealer could walk into a Walmart pick the best 30-day plan eg talk/text/data 5GB LTE pay cash up front then my account will be credited within 72hrs?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This reminds me of Bay Day.  But then again, the Bay replaces one sale with another every day.  Keep the sales coming!

@mimmo wrote:

A one day sale, May 26-27? I guess in store only as ordering will take too long to arrive.

They call it a "Flash Sale"

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I'm guessing new customers will already need their SIM card in-hand to take advantage of this offer online, if they don't visit a store?

I've been out of the loop... you can now buy a SIM and activate your phone at Walmart?! Robot surprised

Need Help? Let's chat.