cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Until December 6 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

@stonechucker wrote:

There is plenty of Customer Service.  The Community for issues that the members can support, and the Moderators for the account related issues.

Just because there is no voice support, doesn't mean there is zero support.

Good talk. Right in the money

Re: Until December 6 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Dang - I activated in store. I am so sad. Smiley Sad Two accounts.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry to hear that people are activating in store any only getting $10 vs $25 online. To be fair PM should make it $25 via both methods 

Mayor / Maire

@dumbdobie1 wrote:

Sorry to hear that people are activating in store any only getting $10 vs $25 online. To be fair PM should make it $25 via both methods 

I'm guessing that at least part of the difference in credit is to pay the retailer some commission for their effort.

Oracle

@dumbdobie1 wrote:

Disagree with this as there should always be more incentive to activate online rather than a retail location as it requires less resources.  Plus the second month free has never been offered to online activations only retail activations.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah I know it uses slightly less resources. But they are the retail store resources and not Public Mobile. I think PM was paying Walmart $2 for each activation.

But the problem you get is the salespeople will start to resent PM and push other brands. We already have reports of Walmart refusing to sell the sim card only before.

And the new users don't know better. I don't think its worth antagonizing a new user when they are likely to be confused enough already starting out.

May I know if purchased SIM from store and now activate online still qualified for the referral credits?

Don't think I can get the SIM through mail in time with the current postal strike.

Thanks!

@Aton - Yes! just make sure to enter the referrals number during your activation Smiley Happy

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Aton try WOW store for the SIM 

@Aton wrote:

May I know if purchased SIM from store and now activate online still qualified for the referral credits?

Don't think I can get the SIM through mail in time with the current postal strike.

Thanks!

When I did my own at the store, they told me they had to do the activation for me even though I chose the referral number for them to add. So if you ask them and they agree to sell just the sim, you can then be able to do the activation online and that should qualify you for the $25 bonus as the instruction only said you needed to activate online and didn't say you had to buy online first. It's by asking at the store that you would know if it's possible you just buy without then activating for you