cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for two subscription plans, requesting a refund

MiahC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I’ve been through the chatbot and submitted a ticket to the customer service support team about my problem but I was wondering if there was a quicker way to get an answer or solution to my problem. Basically, I have money transferred from my main bank account to another bank account of which I use to pay for my public mobile subscription plan each month because for some reason my main bank card wasn’t working for online payment originally. I have more than the specific amount needed for the subscription auto-transferred on the 25th of each month, but my subscription plan was January 25th-February 24th, so the bank account did not have a sufficient amount of funds as the transfer had not been transferred yet meaning my plan did not renew. So I sent the money to the bank account thinking the funds would be taken out and my subscription would be renewed and all would be well, however it did not seem to renew. So what I did was click on a different subscription that was a better deal than the one I previously had, and I paid for that one using my main bank card since it was finally working for online payments. The payment went through, I was charged $46 which was correct. However, I then take a look at my other bank account and I was then charged for the original plan I had prior to choosing the Better one. So I was charged $46 on main bank account for the new subscription, and then charged $41.40 on the other account that I originally used to pay for my subscription. In total I’ve been charged $87.40. Is there a way I can be refunded the $41.40 I’ve been charged for the first subscription, as I never used it for the new cycle and I am now on different subscription plan? When I view my payment history on my public mobile account, it shows the two receipts for the two payments and they’re both a minute apart from each other. 
If anyone knows what can be done to solve my issue I would love to hear it, thank you for reading!

1 REPLY 1

dtbratt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’d suggest waiting for a CSA response. But I believe as it’s a prepaid service - they won’t issue a refund. But I hope they can do that for you!

Need Help? Let's chat.