Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 500MB AutoPay bonus data on select 30-day 3G data plans

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated as of Jan 25, 2019

*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost.

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective November 22nd, 2018 we are launching a limited time only bonus 500MB/ 30 days on select 30-day, 3G data plans when you activate on AutoPay.

So, which plans are eligible?

1. *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  2. $35 for 1 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk 
  3. $40 for 4.5 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  4. $45 for 6 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  5. $50 for 8 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide and to the US Talk

All of the above plans will receive a bonus 500 MB for anyone who signs up with AutoPay. This offer is available to new and current customers. And, as usual, voicemail and call display are included in the plan price.

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Given this is a limited time offer, we recommend visiting participating retailers to purchase a SIM Card. Find one nearest to you here
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select one of the above eligible promotional plans and register for AutoPay.
  1. Log in on Self Serve.
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”.
  3. Select “Change Plan”.
  4. Select one of the above eligible promotional plans. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.
  5. Be sure to register for AutoPay, if you haven’t already done so.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For more information, please read the FAQs in the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

How long will the AutoPay bonus data be available?

The 500MB AutoPay bonus data will reset each time your 30 day plan renews. This means you can use the additional 500MB every 30 days like you would use the rest of your plan data. That being said, offers are subject to change without notice.

What is AutoPay and how do I register for it?

Great question! You can learn more about AutoPay here. Registering for AutoPay differs depending on whether you are a new or an existing customer:

• New customers- In Step 4 of the activation process called ‘Making a Payment’, you will need to select ‘Register for AutoPay’.
  • Existing customers- Sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’.

What happens if I’m on AutoPay to get the promotional offer and then choose to remove AutoPay afterwards? Am I still eligible for the bonus data?

Once you choose to remove AutoPay, on future plan renewals, you’ll no longer be eligible for the AutoPay bonus data.

I am currently registered for AutoPay and am on one of the following plans that does not include the 500MB AutoPay bonus:

• *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  • $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed
  • $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed
  • $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed
  • $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

Do I need to do something to get the 500MB AutoPay bonus added?

Yes, to receive the AutoPay bonus data you will need to change your plan so that it matches one of the AutoPay bonus plans.

If you do not change your plan, it will not include the 500MB AutoPay bonus.

What happens if one of the above eligible promotional plans becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of the above eligible promotional plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the promotional plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

I am an existing customer.

What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

Also, how do I change my plan?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our Self-Serve Account Management help article here.  

237 REPLIES 237

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Why can't we get this on a 90 day offer @Brooke_C, @CS_Agent, if possible please advise how.  Are the 90 day pay offers being phased out at some point?

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@luke11992 wrote:

If I was to modify my service to get this deal, will the extra data remain this way for the remainder of my time with PM? Or is the bonus data only active during this offer period?

It'll stop if and when you stop autopay. It's an autopay bonus. No autopay. No bonus.

Ok great, thank you!

@Saulin, the option you’re suggesting should be fine.  Turning off AutoPay should allow you to hold the plan change.

Saulin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My billing cycle is on Dec 9, I'm leaving out of the country for over a month on Dec 8. I was already on Autopay to get the $2 off per month so I figured why not switch to this promo and get the $2 off and an extra 500MB. I have set it change on the next renewal.

My plan however was to take the autopay off and don't pay for the month that I won't be here. Then when I get back re-enable the account with autopay again.

If I do that what happens? My plan just will stay as it's since I will be taking the autopay off before my next renewal?

Is there a risk of losing this promo or the one I have now if the current plan I have is not available in mid January?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carlsun wrote:

Thank you very much for your detail explanation, I just sent a PM to moderator team, hope they can help me out.

Meanwhile I hope Public Mobile could improve their system, because I don't really think I was switching the plan, I was just trying to get a promo.

Thanks again.

It would have given you all kinds of warnings as to what the immediate change would do.

You had a plan. Then immediately changed it.

It's an acceptable practice for some. Usually when they run out of data and they want a bigger bucket of data and they don't really care about the cost.

Was recently helping someone who wanted a new bucket with a 90 day plan. They were only about a month in and they paid up anyway foregoing 2 months of prepaid service.

carlsun

Thank you very much for your detail explanation, I just sent a PM to moderator team, hope they can help me out.

Meanwhile I hope Public Mobile could improve their system, because I don't really think I was switching the plan, I was just trying to get a promo.

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carlsun wrote:

I don't really understand your logic/description/operation.

I activated a line yesterday in Walmart, staff there could not find this promo on their system, so today I did self-serve per the first post, now I'm getting these transactions, does that mean I paid 30 days' charge for less than 24 hours?

Yes. You did what's called an immediate plan change. You could ask the mods nicely to make it what you want and to credit your account (not a refund). And only because you're new and it was immediately after signing up.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

carlsun

I don't really understand your logic/description/operation.

I activated a line yesterday in Walmart, staff there could not find this promo on their system, so today I did self-serve per the first post, now I'm getting these transactions, does that mean I paid 30 days' charge for less than 24 hours?

PublicMobile.png

@luke11992 wrote:

If I was to modify my service to get this deal, will the extra data remain this way for the remainder of my time with PM? Or is the bonus data only active during this offer period?

It will remain the same "forever", as long as you keep autopay activated and don't change your plan.

Note that "forever" means "until Public Mobile decides otherwise", as mentioned in the Service Terms ("Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice").

Anonymous
Not applicable

@luke11992 wrote:

It'll stop if and when you stop autopay. It's an autopay bonus. No autopay. No bonus.

luke11992

@dna2016 wrote:

@Brooke_C nice promo, but you only mention on 30 day so is there no extra 500MB on 90 day?  And if there is that would mean 1.5 GB bonus over 90 days right?

@will13am just including you as well in case you can answer for me as well.  Appreciate your help.  Thanks.

I don't believe this bonus data for using auto pay was ever a universal upgrade that applies to all plans. 

dna2016

@Brooke_C nice promo, but you only mention on 30 day so is there no extra 500MB on 90 day?  And if there is that would mean 1.5 GB bonus over 90 days right?

@will13am just including you as well in case you can answer for me as well.  Appreciate your help.  Thanks.

cmatassa

Indeed, this was a bit bizarre. 

Yesterday, when I looked at available plans, it was 40$ for 5gb and 45$ for 6.5gb.  When I looked at the plans again this morning, those options were gone and it was back to 40$ for 4.5gb and 45$ for 6gb.  However, once you go in to your account and click on "Change Plan", you will see the options for the 500mb bonus with autopay.

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

They do not offer specials on 90-day plans. I wounder if they ever will.

Yup.  Used to be the other way around.  ! Smiley Happy

Effort

Whatever Chatr does, Public will follow. So let's make a cheer in the name of Chatr.

Jess123

yes you do still get your $2 off as well 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CalvinW wrote:

Some clarification on whether the $2 autopay still applies would be greatly appreciated

I don't think any clarification is needed. The promo is silent on anything to do with rewards. It's a promo that "forces" you to be on autopay to get the bonus. Nothing to do with getting the reward of having autopay. Two entirely separate entities.

Maybe even think of it as a double reward for autopay for those promo plans. You're rewarded $2 for having autopay and you're rewarded 500mb for having autopay. Remove autopay and lose both. Have a different non-promo plan and be on autopay and get the $2 reward.

@CalvinW wrote:

Some clarification on whether the $2 autopay still applies would be greatly appreciated

I don't see any indication why it wouldn't.  The $2 Autopay reward has always applied to all reward eligible plans, so this one shouldn't be any different.

@smp99 wrote:

This is a screen shot of a friend who signed up yesterday - he is on autopay

FullSizeRender.jpg

This means that this plan was changed before Public Mobile made adjustments to the plan.  Yesterday, this was how the plan was showing up.  Brooke's post confirmed that the old plan of $40/5GB has been replaced with $40/4.5+0.5GB Autopay Bonus.  As the plan in the screenshot doesn't specify the 500MB as a bonus, your firend should still get that bonus even if he/she isn't on Autopay (although removing autopay would forfeit the $2 Autopay Reward).

CalvinW

smp99

This is a screen shot of a friend who signed up yesterday - he is on autopay

FullSizeRender.jpg

smp99

hi @Brooke_C

Can you just also confirm that selecting this Autopay bonus does not affect or replace the $2 credit. I assume we still get the $2 credit if we choose one of these plans

mcs11

@RobertQc wrote:

@Brooke_C wrote:

Until this is fixed, customers will be able to change their plan to or activate on any of the plans they can see in our portal.

Thank you Brooke.

Everyone else- lol hurry if you want the same "promotional" plan without the 500mb auto-payment requirement bonus!!!

Yup, just changed my kid's plan so I don't have to worry about the 500MB auto-pay requirement. Glad I did my own a couple of days ago. Craziness!

@Brooke_C wrote:

Until this is fixed, customers will be able to change their plan to or activate on any of the plans they can see in our portal.

Thank you Brooke.

Everyone else- lol hurry if you want the same "promotional" plan without the 500mb auto-payment requirement bonus!!!

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Brooke_CI went to change my plan but in the plan builder there is no mention regarding auto-pay bonus on the select plans, can you please explain if this is a misprint, not properly updated or its meant to be hidden so the customer doesn't actually know they will lose part of their data during auto-payment removal or glitch fail?

I did the same thing just now.  I still don't see any auto pay bonus plans referred to in the spoiler.  I did notice an anomaly with the prebuilt plan selection.  The old $35 for 1GB plan is still available even though the $35 for 1.5GB plan was supposed to replace it.

Based on Brooke's explanation, this would mean that the promotion previously did not require customers to be on Autopay.   Looks like those price plans only lasted for about 24 hours.

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@RobertQc, thanks for your keen eye. We are working on fixing this ASAP! Our Self-Serve should match the new AutoPay bonus data promotional plans in this announcement. Until this is fixed, customers will be able to change their plan to or activate on any of the plans they can see in our portal.

@will13am, we have expired the following promotional plans and introduced new promotions. The difference between the promotional plans, as you mentioned, is that we have added eligibility criteria that you need to be on AutoPay in order to receive the additional data. If you have future dated your plan change to one of the plans on the left, and would like to continue with that same selection on your plan renewal, no action is required. I’ve updated this in the FAQs so that this is clearer as well. Apologies for the confusion!

Expired Promotional Plans

New Promotional Plans

$35 for 1.5 GB at 3G speed + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk

$40 for 5 GB at 3G speed + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk

$45 for 6.5 GB at 3G speed + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk

$50 for 8.5 GB at 3G speed + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide and to the US Talk

• $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed + 500MB AutoPay Bonus + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  • $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed + 500MB AutoPay Bonus + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  • $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed + 500MB AutoPay Bonus + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  • $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed + 500MB AutoPay Bonus + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide and to the US Talk

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Brooke_CI went to change my plan but in the plan builder there is no mention regarding auto-pay bonus on the select plans, can you please explain if this is a misprint, not properly updated or its meant to be hidden so the customer doesn't actually know they will lose part of their data during auto-payment removal or glitch fail?

LOL  The fallout continues.

When did we become so suspicious of our cell phone carriers?

I actually think that the plans are quite good, but it's the Autpay requirement that rubs me the wrong way, and the fact that this wasn't exactly made clear to customers.  The plan details have now been changed to reflect that the 500MB is an Autopay bonus, so at least that fact is now clearly advertised.

Need Help? Let's chat.