cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 4.5 GB at 3G speeds for $40! OR Get 5.5 GB at 3G speeds for $45!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: These offers will expire on July 9, 2018 at 11:59 PM EDT.

Hey Community,

We have expired our $40 for 4GB at 3G speed plan, and are offering two new promotional plans that are even better! Now, for a limited time only, get 4.5 GB at 3G speed for $40 or get 5.5 GB at 3G speed for $45!

Plan details:

$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get one of these Offers:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

If you are currently on the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan or selected to be on that plan on your next renewal date, please note that the data amount will not automatically update. You will need to change your plan to get one of these offers. See FAQ in the below spoiler for more details.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

What happened to the previous “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan?

This plan has been expired and is no longer available in our Self-Serve and activation portals. If you’re currently on the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan, and would like to stay on this plan, no change is required.

I already purchased the previous “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan. Will my data limit automatically change to 4.5 GB?

No, the data limit will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to the $40 for 4.5 GB plan, you can do so in self-serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

I chose to switch to the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” on my next renewal date. What will happen?

If you have changed your plan to the $40 for 4GB plan and choose not to make any changes now, on your next renewal date, you will have the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan. Your plan will not automatically update to the new “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan. 

What happens if these plans become unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed“ or to “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the selected plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

267 REPLIES 267

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JL9 future date the change. You can always cancel before your renewal date. This way if the promo ends you locked in the plan.

If it still there at renewal cancel the change then future date again after the renewal.

chrstyles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it possible to arrange for my plan to change automatically to the $40 4.5GB plan as I have selected for it to change at the end of my current cycle. Even if the plan promo is no longer available by that time?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Lol it keeps getting harder and harder with promos like these..I'm on the fence whether I should switch from the fall promo.

mahsere

they helped me and change it to me 

@cork99 wrote:

what one i thought of 5.5gb ??

$45 for 5.5GB

Check the first post for more details. 

cork99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

what one i thought of 5.5gb ??

mimmo

@stonechucker wrote:

@mimmo, very few of the other carriers, other than prepaid, offer 30 day plans either.

i just don’t understand why customers can’t figure out the terms for a 90 day plan.  It’s always been right there in simple language.

@stonechucker  I competely agree  I found it quite simple and easy to understand.  but i guess we were in the minority.  I also really  liked the flexability of the 90 days for data.    and i also agree the 90 day should offer  a discount like they used to. 

djmitch99

Yes, These plans make it easy to stay with PM.  I find the 3G (really LTE lite) is great and lots of data at reasonable price.  Thanks

No, I’m sure I’d be dumbfounded by the number, if that’s the reason the 90 day plans are not being utilized.

Already Province wide and Canada wide plans are the same price, at least on the 3G lite anyways, now 30 day and 90 day plans seem to be the same 30 day prices in most cases.

buying in bulk should save the consumer money.

@daredogg wrote:

Glad my plan hasn't renewed yet... I keep future dating these better deals! lol

Did the math...

$8.88 per GB with the $40 plan

$8.18 per GB with the $45 plan

$7.69 per GB with $50 plan! Robot LOL 

Don't buy more than you need. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@stonechucker wrote:

@mimmo, very few of the other carriers, other than prepaid, offer 30 day plans either.

i just don’t understand why customers can’t figure out the terms for a 90 day plan.  It’s always been right there in simple language.

You would be surprised how many think that you get 12 gigs every 30 days on the 2016 fall promo.  It was confusion that has pushed 90 day promos to the back burner.

+1

I prefer longer terms even (have asked for 180 / 365 plans) but many do not understand the 90 day concept and Public is trying to make plans easier to compare

@mimmo wrote:

I think PM finds that the 90 day terms is confusing to people,  many don't understand that they have to divide the price and data by 3 to get the 30 day equivilants.  Als since the competitors  don't offer 90 day terms  it makes comparing easier. 

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dementia Yes I can confirm that this plan included UNLIMITED incoming calls from anywhere

meocon

@smp99 I think maybe they don't want data carry over. 🙂

dementia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just to confirm, does this plan include unlimited incoming calls from anywhere?

mimmo

@smp99 wrote:

I wonder why they are shying away from the 90 day version of these promos

I think PM finds that the 90 day terms is confusing to people,  many don't understand that they have to divide the price and data by 3 to get the 30 day equivilants.  Als since the competitors  don't offer 90 day terms  it makes comparing easier. 

smp99

I wonder why they are shying away from the 90 day version of these promos

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@wetcoaster Shhhhhhh!!!!! I did have her on the 6.5, but she didn't know. She thought it was the old 6. So she THINKS she's losing 500 mb. So do not tell her the difference or me and you might be fixin' for a scrap!!Smiley LOL

GC

@GreatCanadian

Huh? What?? I have no idea what you are talking about... rofl.

GreatCanadian

@wetcoaster Shhhhhhh!!!!! I did have her on the 6.5, but she didn't know. She thought it was the old 6. So she THINKS she's losing 500 mb. So do not tell her the difference or me and you might be fixin' for a scrap!!Smiley LOL

GC

Great promo & hopefully no more move to Koodo offers

@ShawnC13 I just commented on the 'awesomeness' of future dating on this post. I only have provincial calling as well, but have my parents call me back when I call. I'm waiting on a $30 deal with more than 1 GB of data...

As a fall promo holder these offers are getting very tempting.  I don't need Canada wide still have  over half my 200 minutes from 18 months ago.  But I will continue to watch and you never know what the right deal will be presented.  Future dating plan change is AWESOME!!!  The flexibility of PM is such a  HUGE advantage from plan changes to deciding if 90 day data flexibility is what you want

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

10 days ago, I did an immediate change from $30/500MB to $40/4GB (I did immediate because I had used all my data and was tapping my Booster with a couple of weeks to go). Today I did a future change to $40/4.5GB because why not? 😉

This flexibility is great, I did last week's immediate change sitting in the car waiting for someone, so I could stop wasting my Booster.

My calculation is, if you're consistently going more than 167MB over your allotment each month, you're better off with a bigger plan. That's because 167MB is what $5 buys you on a $30 (1GB) Booster. If you typically squeeze through the month just under your limit, or <167MB over, then you're better to buy the Booster and be careful with your data. I had thought $35/1GB would be enough, and wasn't going to invest in $40/2GB, but it was impossible to resist 4GB because now I don't have to be very careful. 🙂

Thanks PM, I'm glad I didn't switch the gang to Videotron (was leaving for $30/2GB if you have 4 on the account).

=aw

@daredogg wrote:

@daredogg wrote:

Glad my plan hasn't renewed yet... I keep future dating these better deals! lol

Did the math...

$8.88 per GB with the $40 plan

$8.18 per GB with the $45 plan

The pricing is generally better on a per unit of data basis as the usage goes up.  Be careful not to buy into a buffet if you are on a data diet.  How do you price the cost of unused data?  4GB per month is already pretty good.  The extra 500 megs provides a "free" 10% buffer.  I am going with the 4.5GB option. 

@will13am with my current plan of 3GB over 90 days, I'm essentially paying $37 per GB... so you're right, basing it just on data can skew the numbers. I like how @wetcoaster broke it down, taking the basic service costs out of the equation. That'll give you the true data cost... but I agree with you, how do you price in unused data if you're only using a small portion of what you have?

I would place value on data that is used on a frequent basis.  Data that is unused and on standby should be valued as comparable to non expiring add-on data, i.e., $30 per gig that might be used over typical baseline.  

@smp99 I originally future dated to the 2.5 GB plan for $40, then they upped the data to 4 GB. I future dated again for that plan, then they upped it to 4.5 GB. So, this morning, I future dated again!  I know you already got the answer to your question, but future dating just replaces whatever was chosen before. My plan renews on July 10th, so I'm wondering if there might be another bump?! Robot LOL

@Anonymous I'm in the same boat as you, using maybe 400 MB per month. I was strongly considering downgrading to the 500 MB plan, until a family emergency happened. I suddently found myself using nearly 500 MB in one day, and was glad to have that 3 GB bucket. For the time being, I've decided to stay where I am. I am paying $111 over 90 days ($37 per month) for 3 GB of LTE data. I'm waiting for a $30 plan that'll give me more data... should I hold my breath?!

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

This is gonna make current 3G plan user happy!  Enjoy it while it last.  Smiley Happy

@GreatCanadian wrote:

I'm going with 4.5 GB as well. However, my daughter was on the $50 6 GB plan. I switched her to the 5.5 GB plan for 45 bucks. She loses only half a gig, and I save 5 bucks! If she doesn't like it she can fork over 5 bucks a month to me!  🙂

GC

Well, technically, she looses 1GB... The 500MB bonus for the 6GB/$50 3G plan is still available in the "build your own plan" part of the plan builder...

I hope I didn't just start a heated discussion over cell phone plans at Great Canadian's place... 😉

GreatCanadian

@smp99

I think a straight-up future date will overwrite the last future date you chose. But just to be certain, there's an option to cancel your future-dated plan that you already chose ($40/$GB) and then future date for the $40/4.5 GB. I always chose to cancel first. Perhaps you don't need to.

GB

Need Help? Let's chat.