cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: $10 ready-made plan staying for a limited time only

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 7, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Update as of September 24, 2019: This offer will expire on October 6th, 11:59 PM ET 2019.

Update: Due to popular demand, the $10 ready-made plan will be available for a limited time starting July 16.

FAQ

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

Past Updates

Spoiler

Hey Community,

As of July 15th 2019, 11:59 PM ET, the following price plan is being expired:

• $10 Ready-Made plan

If you’re interested in taking advantage of this ready-made plan while it’s still available, learn how you can set up a future-dated plan change on your next renewal date by clicking here. By doing so before July 16, your plan will automatically change to the plan that you choose on your next cycle. 

To check out our other plans, go to publicmobile.ca/plans

Have some questions about this change? Check out our FAQs or post below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

My current plan is one that’s set to expire. Is any action required from me?

If you would like to continue on your current plan, no change is required.

I currently have this plan. If I switch to another plan, can I switch back?

You can switch back to this plan up to July 16th. After that, these plans will no longer be available.

249 REPLIES 249

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97  @saeliux  @smp99  @computergeek541 

So if you received the "aug19th customer 1gb bonus add on gift" and have not used it and you downgrade to the $10 plan when you finally do use the data would it then default to 4g?

That is what the bonus gift details says. I have dual SIM, one for data and PM for calls/texts, so I cannot tell but when I switch it to use PM for data it says LTE. Does it means its 4g? Does 3g say something different?

magicmedia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

$10 plan is good for having an extra number to be used for registration in Apps

@pm-smayer97  @saeliux  @smp99  @computergeek541 

So if you received the "aug19th customer 1gb bonus add on gift" and have not used it and you downgrade to the $10 plan when you finally do use the data would it then default to 4g?

@SD08 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You didn't mention data so maybe you don't do much. If you don't do much then the add-ons are fine...and 4G.

Not anymore. Data add-on is only 3G if you do not have a 4G data plan already,

On this $10 plan, adding a data add-on will still result in full speed LTE.

Is that from personal experience? According to the announcement regarding all the changes at PM, that is not supposed to be the case anymore.

Where do you see that?  If you're referring to this announcement, which was the most recent notice regarding broad changes, there is nothing here indicating the elimination of LTE data add-ons:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Exciting-changes-to-our-brand-and-customer-experience/td-p/409015

The fact that PM recently removed their plan builder with the various LTE options does not indicate the elimination of LTE data add-ons. Actually, PM currently still offers a base $30 dollar plan that is nothing but LTE data. If one were to then buy a data add-on to tack onto that plan, it would have to be LTE data. That alone would indicate that LTE add-ons still exist.

As of this writing, point #7 of the Terms and Conditions listed at the bottom of the Plans page still says this:
"Data Add-Ons to supplement a Data Plan will be provisioned at the data speed selected in your plan. If you have a Talk and/or Text Plan only with no data, the Data Add-Ons available to you will be defaulted to 4G LTE speed."

Until this clause changes or we hear PM explicitly say otherwise, I believe it's more logical to assume data add-ons continue to be provisioned in this way.  Therefore, the $10 plan which includes no data of its own should get LTE speed add-ons.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Is that from personal experience? According to the announcement regarding all the changes at PM, that is not supposed to be the case anymore.

I don't recall any annoucement about this. Public Mobile eliminated the Plan Builder and with that, all plans that included LTE data except for the $30 data-only plan.

That does not mean that there has been any change to long-standing policy that customere with price plans without any included data receive full speed data after subscribing to a data add-on. I have seen no information to the contrary.

After October 4, there won't be any current in-market plans that don't include data,  but that doesn't mean that anything has changed or will change for existing customers.

I know why I believed what I said. It was because the original text in the following official PM announcement from Aug 20, 2019 stated:

"The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 3G Speed."

I see that this has been corrected but I never did see the update. It now reads:

"The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed."

And SIMon the bot also agrees.

@saeliux  I agree that's a great deal for data but i have vowed to never give fido another dollar of my money ever.....

saeliux

@darlicious wrote:

Yes the $35 plan needs tweaking it's not that good of a deal.  With Auto Pay the the extra $10 for not much more data than $25 and so much more data for $5 more on the $40. It's poorly priced. And the 1gb data for $30 is expensive even if it is 4g.  You can get 1gb and text and calling for $5 less on the $25 plan. They need a plan that bridges the data /price between those two plans . Like 1.5gb+Auto Pay (2gb total) for $30 and /or 2.5gb +Auto Pay for $35  (3gb total) with calling and texting they're competitively priced.. I have too much data at $40  I could easily get by on 1gb with $25 plan so it is worth the downgrade to save $15 but lots of people would happily plunk themselves in the middle at $30 or $35 with a little more data.

Yea. The competition has better data only plans, like the fido tablet data only  plan of 3gb for $15.

Others offer similar for existing postpaid clients. 

For data only i would go to fido

Yes the $35 plan needs tweaking it's not that good of a deal.  With Auto Pay the the extra $10 for not much more data than $25 and so much more data for $5 more on the $40. It's poorly priced. And the 1gb data for $30 is expensive even if it is 4g.  You can get 1gb and text and calling for $5 less on the $25 plan. They need a plan that bridges the data /price between those two plans . Like 1.5gb+Auto Pay (2gb total) for $30 and /or 2.5gb +Auto Pay for $35  (3gb total) with calling and texting they're competitively priced.. I have too much data at $40  I could easily get by on 1gb with $25 plan so it is worth the downgrade to save $15 but lots of people would happily plunk themselves in the middle at $30 or $35 with a little more data.

saeliux

That is so true. The $30 data plan is so out of place. Koodo $30 plan is also 1gb + incoming texts.

smp99

@computergeek541 wrote:

After October 4, there won't be any current in-market plans that don't include data,  but that doesn't mean that anything has changed or will change for existing customers.

Well, the $15 plan only includes data with autopay - but I get your point, and it would not make sense to get the $15 without autopay.

But to expand on PMs plans in general

I think the $15, $25, $40, $50 and $60 are all good value plans, properly priced and provide a good cross section for the various needs.

The $30 data only plan, and $35 plan need to be tweeked. I think the $30 plan has some CRTC rules around it. But the $35 plan could use either a $5 discount or data boost or both.  

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I don't recall any annoucement about this. Public Mobile eliminated the Plan Builder and with that, all plans that included LTE data except for the $30 data-only plan.

That does not mean that there has been any change to long-standing policy that customere with price plans without any included data receive full speed data after subscribing to a data add-on. I have seen no information to the contrary.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You didn't mention data so maybe you don't do much. If you don't do much then the add-ons are fine...and 4G.

Where do you see that?  If you're referring to this announcement, which was the most recent notice regarding broad changes, there is nothing here indicating the elimination of LTE data add-ons:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Exciting-changes-to-our-brand-and-customer-experience/td-p/409015

The fact that PM recently removed their plan builder with the various LTE options does not indicate the elimination of LTE data add-ons. Actually, PM currently still offers a base $30 dollar plan that is nothing but LTE data. If one were to then buy a data add-on to tack onto that plan, it would have to be LTE data. That alone would indicate that LTE add-ons still exist.

As of this writing, point #7 of the Terms and Conditions listed at the bottom of the Plans page still says this:
"Data Add-Ons to supplement a Data Plan will be provisioned at the data speed selected in your plan. If you have a Talk and/or Text Plan only with no data, the Data Add-Ons available to you will be defaulted to 4G LTE speed."

Until this clause changes or we hear PM explicitly say otherwise, I believe it's more logical to assume data add-ons continue to be provisioned in this way.  Therefore, the $10 plan which includes no data of its own should get LTE speed add-ons.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Thank you. I have almost 2 weeks to weigh the pros and cons. It would not effect my promo as it's my secondary number. If I downgrade it would make that account free due to my rewards. I will review my call/text history to determine if my usage would exceed the allowable texts and calls.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Thank you. I have almost 2 weeks to weigh the pros and cons. It would not effect my promo as it's my secondary number. If I downgrade it would make that account free due to my rewards. I will review my call/text history to determine if my usage would exceed the allowable texts and calls.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Don't worry about the calls...the $5 deal is great for that.

Texting...well...get one of those wifi texting apps for when you go over 50.

Remember, you can always "reserve" a plan change and then remove it on the last day before your renewal if you can't decide. Then re-reserve it the next day after renewal. Hopefully in that day or two the plan you want doesn't disappear.

Oh...excellent advice @Anonymous . I can message my friends/family before renewal to only contact me on my other number. Most of them already know to do that and it's been my main number for 20 years I just started to prefer the smartphone so they got used to responding to it as it had data etc...but now that  both are on pm and I can switch Sims or just leave them both in the dual SIM phone  So I have lots of options. Plus that's where my 1gb from pm is as well. Im not a heavy user of data on either of my numbers. Im top heavy when it comes to that.  I definitely  do more uploading than downloading. If i ever come close to using a gb its when we travel.

What happens with suspended accounts on this $10 plan that reactivate before the 90 days and after Oct 4 ? 

You keep the $10 plan. Suspension from no payment doesn't make you lose plan unless you wait too long and account is closed.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dabr wrote:

@YVR   If you schedule your plan renewal anytime before the Oct. 4th, then yes you get the $10 plan even if your renewal date is after Oct. 4th.

@dabr 

Thanks for the clarification.   

What happens with suspended accounts on this $10 plan that reactivate before the 90 days and after Oct 4 ? 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@YVR   If you schedule your plan renewal anytime before the Oct. 4th, then yes you get the $10 plan even if your renewal date is after Oct. 4th.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alan_K wrote:

Update as of September 20, 2019: This offer will expire on October 4th, 2019.

Update: Due to popular demand, the $10 ready-made plan will be available for a limited time starting July 16.

FAQ

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Past Updates

Spoiler

Hey Community,

As of July 15th 2019, 11:59 PM ET, the following price plan is being expired:

• $10 Ready-Made plan

If you’re interested in taking advantage of this ready-made plan while it’s still available, learn how you can set up a future-dated plan change on your next renewal date by clicking here. By doing so before July 16, your plan will automatically change to the plan that you choose on your next cycle. 

To check out our other plans, go to publicmobile.ca/plans

Have some questions about this change? Check out our FAQs or post below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

My current plan is one that’s set to expire. Is any action required from me?

If you would like to continue on your current plan, no change is required.

I currently have this plan. If I switch to another plan, can I switch back?

You can switch back to this plan up to July 16th. After that, these plans will no longer be available.

If you schedule your plan to change to the $10 plan on your next renewal, will you still get the $10 plan even if your plans renewal is after Oct 4th?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

Don't worry about the calls...the $5 deal is great for that.

Texting...well...get one of those wifi texting apps for when you go over 50.

Remember, you can always "reserve" a plan change and then remove it on the last day before your renewal if you can't decide. Then re-reserve it the next day after renewal. Hopefully in that day or two the plan you want doesn't disappear.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

@darlicious wrote

If your renewal date is October 4th can you change your plan to the $10 plan on your renewal date and keep your rewards?

Yes. You can order the plan today and select to switch at next renewal date. You will still be eligible for the $10 plan. You can do this procedure even if your next renewal is past Oct 4. 

Great but do I get to keep my rewards?

Yes. Rewards are on your account. Not your plan. Promo's are on your plan. You would likely lose the $10 rbcrewards promo I seem to recall you're on.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

@darlicious wrote

If your renewal date is October 4th can you change your plan to the $10 plan on your renewal date and keep your rewards?

Yes. You can order the plan today and select to switch at next renewal date. You will still be eligible for the $10 plan. You can do this procedure even if your next renewal is past Oct 4. 

Yes. Rewards are on your account. Not your plan. Promo's are on your plan. You would likely lose the $10 rbcrewards promo I seem to recall you're on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

@darlicious wrote

@smp99 wrote:

@darlicious wrote

smp99

@darlicious wrote

@popping wrote:

@notyet wrote:

$10 plan is still available for purchase can you clarify please?

The $10 plan will expire on Oct 4th.  Refer to OP for details.

You have about 2 weeks to get it before it is gone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@notyet wrote:

The $10 plan will expire on Oct 4th.  Refer to OP for details.

You have about 2 weeks to get it before it is gone.

notyet

@notyetYou can stay with the $10 as long as you want. However if the $10 is gone and you switched to another plan, you won't be able to switch back.

notyet

Can I stay in the $10 plan as long as i want?

@brid0nca wrote:

The $10 plan is a good parking plan.  I have a phone I use in the summer, and I put on the $40 plan, I got back to the $10 the rest of the year.  If the $10 plan gets phased out.  I will just buy $5 of minutes in the summer, not worry about data, and stay on the $10 plan. 

brid0nca

The $10 plan is a good parking plan.  I have a phone I use in the summer, and I put on the $40 plan, I got back to the $10 the rest of the year.  If the $10 plan gets phased out.  I will just buy $5 of minutes in the summer, not worry about data, and stay on the $10 plan. 

Need Help? Let's chat.