cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: This weekend only, get the $50 8GB plan for $40/mo for 6 months

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of June 24th, 2019: If you were charged $50/mo, when you activated on the $50/mo Ready made plan during the eligible promo dates, you will be automatically credited back the difference and moved to the correct promo plan for the next 5 payment cycles. Your payment cycle will not change. A text message notification will be sent to confirm your plan correction on June 25th.

Hey Community,

From June 22 to June 23, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on the $50 8GB plan pay only $40/mo for their first 6 months.

Plan details:

•      30-day plan
  •      8 GB Data at 3G speed
  •      +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  •      Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and U.S.
  •      Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •      Voicemail and Call Display

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select the plan “Limited time: $50 8GB plan for $40 for first 6 months”
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

•      Only the Ready-made $50/mo plan is eligible for this offer.
  •      Eligible customers will pay $40/mo for months 1-6, then resume paying $50/mo from month 7 and onwards
  •   If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

105 REPLIES 105

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ronnie1985 wrote:

I believe I have this plan already can someone pls look Into this for me ? And get back to me also I had 2 month of services that I paid for and never used as my other SIM card got blocked. Can someone pls get back to me and let me know if been credited for that . 

I was on Holiday for two months let me know if I can get credited for my Mortgage, car Insurance, Hydro Bill & the car payment because I didn't use those services for the 2 months I was away.

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ccc2354 wrote:

Hi

i just signed up for that on June 23 and got that so that was a good deal.  i was wondering if you can help me though.  It say's Unlimited International Text and Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US.  I was under the assuption that when i am in the US that my text and phone calls would still work but when i was in Seattle yesterday my text and phone did not work.  can you please explain the plan to me or does it take a day or two for those options to kick in?

Is this your First very own cell phone plan? If it is then I can understand but if it isn't then Why were you under the assumption that Roaming services are included in another country? Roaming is almost never ever included, if it is included in an odd case then it is usually about $170+ a month including tax with about 8GB on a post paid monthly plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccc2354 wrote:

i just wanted to say you are correct, i did sign up during the promo time and today when i looked at my account it was moved automtaically to the savings promo and i could see it on my bill.

Thanks for the update. Alan_K came through as promised.

ccc2354
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i just wanted to say you are correct, i did sign up during the promo time and today when i looked at my account it was moved automtaically to the savings promo and i could see it on my bill.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Good promo to refer more. 🙂   

BEB89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is only in Canada that it is Unlimited talk and text. You will have to buy add on's for the US.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ronnie1985 wrote:

I believe I have this plan already can someone pls look Into this for me ? And get back to me also I had 2 month of services that I paid for and never used as my other SIM card got blocked. Can someone pls get back to me and let me know if been credited for that . 

@Ronnie1985 

This promo was only for new activations from Jun 22-23, so unless you started a new account that weekend, you would not qualify.

As for your other issue, PM's prepaid service is non-refundable, so they would not give you back credit for unused service unless it was a problem caused from PM's end.

@Ronnie1985You will need to contact the Moderators via private message using this link here. As per the Terms of Service.. there is no refund on prepaid services though.

Ronnie1985

ccc2354

ok cool,

just the plan seems a bit misleading

@ccc2354the unlimited options only work while you are in CANADA.. if you are in the States you will receive incoming text but if you want data, to send text and call in and out on voice.. you need to purchase the appropriate US roaming packages.

GR
Mayor / Maire

It's only when you're in Canada.  If you travel to the us you have to buy a roaming add on

ccc2354

Hi

i just signed up for that on June 23 and got that so that was a good deal.  i was wondering if you can help me though.  It say's Unlimited International Text and Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US.  I was under the assuption that when i am in the US that my text and phone calls would still work but when i was in Seattle yesterday my text and phone did not work.  can you please explain the plan to me or does it take a day or two for those options to kick in?

Alan_K

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

Hi all,

I understand some of you are reporting you were charged $50+tax on your first activation. Are you positive you chose the limited time offer in the activation portal? The name of the plan should be: "Limited time: $50 8GB plan for $40 for first 6 months" and the first charge should have been for $40+ tax. 

You'll need to reach out to the Moderator Team to get you back on the right plan if so, and sorry for the inconvenience caused, I hope I was able to clear things up.

Alan

On the regular publicmobile.ca site on the plans page, it was specifically mentioned that customers had to wait up to 7 business to receive the first installment of a $10 credit.  I've been telling everyone months 2 to 7 are discounted as per that site's advertising.

Sorry for the confusion everyone- I hope this post will set things straight.

The plan is a new promo plan and should charge customers $40/mo for the first 6 months.

We have moved everyone who was charged $50 into the proper plan and are applying credits based on the difference on the first payment. There is no need to reach out to a Moderator about this issue.

We are sending an SMS to affected customers who activated on the $50 plan and was charged the full amount of $50 tomorrow clarifying the account changes and confirming your plan correction.

We will do a better job of clearly communicating the details of a new promotion of this type moving forward.

Alan

@Alan_K wrote:

Hi all,

I understand some of you are reporting you were charged $50+tax on your first activation. Are you positive you chose the limited time offer in the activation portal? The name of the plan should be: "Limited time: $50 8GB plan for $40 for first 6 months" and the first charge should have been for $40+ tax. 

You'll need to reach out to the Moderator Team to get you back on the right plan if so, and sorry for the inconvenience caused, I hope I was able to clear things up.

Alan

On the regular publicmobile.ca site on the plans page, it was specifically mentioned that customers had to wait up to 7 business to receive the first installment of a $10 credit.  I've been telling everyone months 2 to 7 are discounted as per that site's advertising.

I Cat LOL the response but you are making the assumption the system would be foolproof

@Anonymous wrote:

@kav2001c 

That sounds way too sophistimacated for this place. But who knows.

So this may have been the first time that the rate is actually adjusted down by $10 as opposed to receiving 6 - $10 credits? Is that just for the first month and then $10 credits will show up or is the rate actually $40 less any other credits for the six months?

Terry

Alan_K

@Anonymous wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

Hi all,

Alan

@Alan_K 

From the complaints it would seem for those that complained that they didn't see the "Limited time:" plan. Your system ought to be able to see new activations over the weekend and see if there were people that DID find it.

The wording was a bit hit and miss too 🙂

Announcement coming shortly, thanks for flagging this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

Hi all,

Alan

@Alan_K 

From the complaints it would seem for those that complained that they didn't see the "Limited time:" plan. Your system ought to be able to see new activations over the weekend and see if there were people that DID find it.

The wording was a bit hit and miss too 🙂

Alan_K

Hi all,

Alan

@ddedios wrote:

I activated $50 8GB for $40 6 months. I did this before the midnite deadline. still not showing on my account. still charging me $50

@ddedios wrote:

I activated $50 8GB for $40 6 months. I did this before the midnite deadline. still not showing on my account. still charging me $50

You did activate before midnight Eastern Right?  As already stated it takes up to 7 days for the credit to be applied to the account.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddedios wrote:

Did you see this $40 promo plan in the selection list? I'm thinking not but I'm curious.

You should see a $10 credit in your Available Funds inside of a week.

ddedios

srlawren

@kav2001c wrote:

@SD08  + @srlawren + @Alan_K 

Wouldn't the "sign up for new deals" only send you deals you were *eligible* for? Like promo plan changes?

This was a new act plan

@kav2001c sorry if this has already been mentioned--there are several pages of new responses to this thread since I last read it, and I'm not planning to catch up.  That said:  the sign up for deals notifications is on the public plans page that anyone can see, including new and existing customers.  There's no reason I can think of that this should not have been sent out to it.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dna2016

Sweet deal.  But interesting how lately a lot of promos are only for 6 months or a few months and then goes back to normal.  I'm not entirely a fan of these temporary offers.  Can sometimes be misread and then when the time is up people get mad about it.

@DeniseD wrote:

So I signed up to the promotion this weekend to get 8GB and unlimited calls etc for $40 instead of $50.  But I was charged $50 plus tax.  So how do I get the $10 discount this month and for the next 5 months?

My belief is that the first 30 days were never intended to be $40.  The annoucement and the plan detail pages both have information that don't line up with each other.

mimmo

@DeniseD wrote:

So I signed up to the promotion this weekend to get 8GB and unlimited calls etc for $40 instead of $50.  But I was charged $50 plus tax.  So how do I get the $10 discount this month and for the next 5 months?

You should see a 10$ credit within 7 days as available funds. 

DeniseD

@computergeek541 wrote:

@letItBe wrote:

Hi,

I bought a sim card from a retailer and am in the process of activating the Weekend Offer ($40 for 6 months for 8GB plan), but i cannot see "“Limited time: $50 8GB plan for $40 for first 6 months” option in Plans & Add-ons section as mentioned in your announcement post. I selected the $50 plan and it's charging the cc with $50+taxes. Is the offer valid?

Thanks.

There isn't supposed to be a separate option. Ther is no new plan. You"re supposed to.activate on the regular $50 plan.  The discount comes automatically.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned (sorry, I haven't read all the posts), but right now there is no $50 plan showing on the plans page.  So anyone signing up should be be able to select the promotional plan without getting confused with the $50 plan, hopefully.

@qudsia wrote:

I just move to public for this deal, and there was no special 50$ plan for 40$ in the list of plans, so I did choose 50$ one. They charged 57.49, and now I just hope that it'll be credited back within 7 days, the offer amount.

Of course the $7.49 is the tax on the $50 purchase. You should start seeing $10 credits for the next 6 months before too long. The credits will go towards your next monthly bill so that less is charged to your credit card. I get a text message each time they issue a $10 credit as well but it seems to be a week or more into the month each time.

Terry

Need Help? Let's chat.