cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

BEST
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@bcsteevewrote:

Devil's Advocate here... why is this a bad thing?

Same network, same data, better phone, $100 credit.  Why isn't this a good deal?

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.  To be perfectly honest, this current plan I'm on with Public Mobile is the very first mobile plan I've ever had.  So go easy on me and use small words 🙂

My plan was renewed last week so I will be losing 2 months on the plan I paid for. Most people have the autopay, loyalty, and referral discounts. For me, I am paying close to $30 after tax. With the koodo switch it will be $45 after tax. This is a 50% price increase. Also it switches from prepaid to postpaid so you will get nailed on overage charges and any other charges they can get on you. The $12gb/3 months rolls over within the 3 months as well so you can use 3 gb the first two months and 6 gb the other, with a monthly plan on Koodo it will be more limitted. Public mobile also has better us roaming addons compared to Koodo.

bcsteeve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry, I didn't mean "phone" as in the device.... I meant as in talk plan.  My bad.  I mean you can now "phone" all over Canada.  Current plan is in-province (for me anyway).

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bcsteevewrote:

Same network, same data, better phone, $100 credit.  Why isn't this a good deal?

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.  To be perfectly honest, this current plan I'm on with Public Mobile is the very first mobile plan I've ever had.  So go easy on me and use small words 🙂

There is no tab option. They're offering a BYOD plan. If you want a Koodo Tab, you'll have to switch to an eligible in-market Koodo plan.

moodyak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Extremely disappointed. What happened to "no surprises"?

chrism604

2018-02-15.png

Am I surprised? More so at myself that I could believe a company's promise.

What a joke.

bcsteeve

slavitch

You're violating your own agreement. I'm filing a CCTS complaint.koodoo-foo.png

bcsteeve

I dunno... my plan still says $120 and I've certainly received nothing indicating that's going to change.  Geographically specific?

mikecousins

Surprise!

BEST

You said no surprises

garyballs

The Grass is actually sandier at Public Mobile, definitely not greener

bcsteeve

What are you talking about?  Details.  I see no increase???

Sergey

@Brooke_Cwrote:

• If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer.
Today you icrease our reates/. Why?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I also love how Public keeps its price consistent coast to coast.

@WearySky why is it riduculous?

I know @srlawren had same idea

In SK they price match local carrier (SaskTel)

In PQ they price match local carrier (Videotron)

In Thunder Bay they price match local carrier (TBayTel)

I'd also point out most of the smaller carriers allow bundle discounting

If Rogers/Telus/Bell decide to sell at one price point nationally do you think they will sit by while someone undercuts their pricing? Of course they will match or try to show more value.

It's no different in that you can save thousands by heading to Ottawa for a weekend next time you want to buy a car. Toronto is always more expensive both to dealer and to client.

BTW did you see the SK85 plan? You can get UNLIMITED LTE DATA (although they have a soft cap of 15GB and say will slow you down if you exceed)

Now that is a plan (plus all other good stuff like Canada long distance, txt etc)

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kav2001c sure, but I was comparing Rogers-to-Rogers.  The fact that they charge $80 a month for a 1GB BYOD plan in Ontario, and $65 for a 10GB BYOD plan in Saskatchewan, is ridiculous.

@WearySky Fido (Rogers) has $45 for cross Canada with 2GB in Ontario

WearySky

@srlawren indeed.  Looking at the plans that even ripoff companies like Rogers offer in places like Saskatchewan, it makes me very angry that we get so thoroughly boned by them here in Ontario.  You can get a 10GB Share Everything+ BYOD plan for $65 a month in Saskatchewan!  It's $120 a month in Ontario for a 7GB plan!  You can't even get a 1GB plan for $65 a month in Ontario!

srlawren

@WearySky@kav2001c I've always hated the differential provincial pricing in place at most providers in Canada.  Being in a non-discounted province, this is one of the things I love most about Public Mobile, is that everyone gets the same level and inexpensive playing field, regardless of geographical location in Canada.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky

@kav2001c I would argue that the current Koodo Quebec promo plans are a better value (for high monthly data, at least) than PM's regular prices, but they have their own issues.  If you're not in Quebec, Manitoba or Saskatchewan, PM is absolutely one of the best values out there for Canadians that don't want to have to jump through any hoops.

Everyone seems worried about the backend system but lets be serious about the value to carrier.

They ran this promo a long time. This promo made national news and other carriers scrambled to price match it.

So why 6 months later are there people saying "when is next promo"?

Even if you didn't sign up with Public, Virgin & Fido had exact same plans (and Koodo & Videotron had better promo imo if willing to spend a little more)

I personally paid Fido a penalty to cancel a line and bring it over to Public since I know long term it is a much better choice.

So what exactly is everyone looking for?

An even cheaper price?

The promo price to become standard pricing?

Something else?

Even at current prices, the only reason to not sign up with Public is if you have a smaller regional carrier offering better prices or you roam in US all the time.

No carrier has anywhere near what Public is offering today. Not even Chatrs current promo.

srlawren

@WearySky@mikga it would be foolish of PM to rush into another promotion until the activation and porting systems are stable and dependable enough to handle it.  And ideally also a proper ticketing system in place for the community.  If you're not sure why I'd say these things, then you weren't in the community during the 2016 Fall Promo plan period and the couple of months afterward.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky

@mikga this has been asked several times already, and the response is invariably "we're not going to tell you".  But they've also stated that they need to fix all the activation problems, and get a proper support ticketing system put in place, before they'll even consider it.  And neither of those things has been completed yet, so your husband will unfortunately just have to be patient.

mikga

When will PM have another promo plan as my son and husband wants to use PM. If so all my family will be using PM then. Now only me and my daughter. Highly recommend PM as price of plans are good, network is great! Was using Wind before and network is terrible.That's why switched to PM.

zmawani

yeah, I'm hoping to convince them to switch regardless 😛

@zmawani, they should switch anyways, and get the 6GB 90 day province wide with tesxt.  It's the same price, and a lot of people will still never use the 2 GB / 30 days.

I was on the $120 6 GB plan, and only upgraded because the offer was there.  I'm on day 32 of my 12 GB plan, and haven't used 1 GB yet (I'm at 984.175 mb).

Comparing to what I had with WIND prior to coming here, I'm saving already $30/month, and $60 over Rogers (Ontario based rural/suburban)

WearySky

@zmawani until they get a fully functional support ticketing system in place, and get the existing activation bugs fixed (they still haven't, from reports I'm seeing in the forums the last couple weeks), I don't see them bringing back this promo.  

zmawani
What do people think are the chances they bring back this deal in the near future? I have a few friends that I have been telling about this awesome plan and they are looking to switch. Just unfortunate they are not able to take advantage of this promo/I will miss out on the rewards

srlawren

@WearySky wrote:

@hoikwo wrote:

Any chance PM will bring back the same promote for the Christmas and Boxing date?

They're still struggling to clean up the backlog of service requests from the last promo, that ended over 3 weeks ago now.  I HIGHLY doubt there will be any new promotions happening any time soon.

@WearySky I sure hope they don't eh?!?!?!  First they have to finish all the current clean up (empty out the support queue), and then fix most/all of the bugs that caused these horrific issues, and THEN think about running another promo plan.  But not before the first two steps are completed.  Seriously.  cc: @Brooke_C

Need Help? Let's chat.