cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

Paddle8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@erotavlas wrote:

Where in Toronto can we pick up a SIM card?  The website shows they can no longer be ordered online.  

Also is there enough time to port our number from another carrier and still take advantage of the promo? I want to keep my old number and activate the SIM card to that number, not a new one.

The location is being announced tomorrow.

Public Mobile has promised to honor the plan for anyone that has issues porting before the end of the promo.

ASharpTM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ShadowWarrior wrote:

Ok  this is my last feeble attempt for newcomers:

You're wasting your breath. There's going to be another post on the same page below yours wondering why the promo doesn't work anymore. People don't read and need everything spoonfed to them.

erotavlas

Where in Toronto can we pick up a SIM card?  The website shows they can no longer be ordered online.  

Also is there enough time to port our number from another carrier and still take advantage of the promo? I want to keep my old number and activate the SIM card to that number, not a new one.

ShadowWarrior

Ok  this is my last feeble attempt for newcomers:

ULTIMATE LEGENDARY GUIDE TO ACCESS THE EXISTING 90DAYS PROMO.

- The promo is still ON but you WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE IT ON THE HOMEPAGE, but it still exists in the internal system thru new activation (Activate SIM card in home page if you scroll down you will see it) or if you already have an existing account you can access to it via self-serve.

SO HOW TO ACCESS THE PROMOTION?

When you have a SIM card go on the home page scroll down and select:

1.Activate SIM card (it will bring you to the page where you have to fill in you SIM card along with your personal info)

2.when you get to the plan section select:

-90days

-unlimited provincial calls

-unlimited text

-12gb of data

3. you should see the final price with the discount applied of the promo.

good luck

hbalter

Activating the SIM gets you into the deal.  Thank you.

ASharpTM

@jairolevi wrote:

I am just happy this deal is over...

The promo is great. I had a ton of referrals but our wonderful community is getting bombarded by people like that.. definetely not worth it ( in my opinion ) to ruin this community for a promo.

Well the thing is the deal is not over and that's what I'm trying to get at. Yes for some people it's unfortunate they won't be able to pick up a SIM but if you already have a SIM or you live in Toronto, Vancouver, or Montreal, you still have an opportunity to get in on the deal by physically picking up a SIM in the next couple of days.

The deal doesn't show up on the main site anymore but as mentioned, it can still be obtained when you actually activate your SIM or if you already have an account you can change it in self serve. If someone was so inclined they would be able to find this information within a couple of minutes of searching but instead they're just going off on rants about how PM is such a terrible company for killing the deal early when it's not even over yet...

ShadowWarrior

@Carroll please Caroll read my answer in page 96, it gives the description on how to proceed. The promo is still around. 

ShadowWarrior

Please if any MOD still around make a sticky with the new updates about the plan because there gonna be people popping out asking if the promo is still around, and this question has been answered multiple times.

Carroll
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got my SIM card. Just about to sign up for this deal. It is no longer there. It says 2GB for $40. It is not November 20th yet. Where is this plan?

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I am just happy this deal is over...

The promo is great. I had a ton of referrals but our wonderful community is getting bombarded by people like that.. definetely not worth it ( in my opinion ) to ruin this community for a promo.

@ASharpTM wrote:

The sense of entitlement to get this deal and the laziness to actually read the **bleep** thread to figure out what's going on is just disgusting.

deepee1544

Hi, is the plan still available? I don't see it on the web site now.

ShadowWarrior

There are many types of customers and behind the screen, people might be subject  to multiple different situations that might interfere with their decision making, hence their snap conclusions and judgments. The best we can do in these situations as a community is directing them, be totally honest with them and supportive so they are ready to accept any risk or consequences.

ASharpTM

The sense of entitlement to get this deal and the laziness to actually read the **bleep** thread to figure out what's going on is just disgusting.

bcsteeve

@ta2 wrote:

I would like to have been able to order a SIM card and was planning on doing so based on the promotion ending Nov 20th. Pretty disappointing that the offer has essentially been cancelled 4 days earlier, pretty poor PR mistake.

While I can appreciate your dissappointment (I would be too)... this isn't anything abnormal.  You pick up a flier for Walmart and see an advertisement for a Barbie Doll at half price that your daughter wants sooooo badly.  You rush to the store and... oops, sold out.  Ce la vie.

Think of this as they sold out 4 days early.  And it really isn't 4 days because you KNOW you need the SIM card and you KNOW Canada Post doesn't operate on weekends.  So really its only 2 days.  And even then, provided you're within driving distance of where 90% of the population lives, you'll be able to pick up a SIM.

I think it is RESPONSIBLE of them to stop shipping out to people that they know won't be able to take advantage.

jairolevi

Hello,

Silly question:

I have $56 in rewards ( Yes, referring with this promotion was sooooooo easyyyyy! ).

But when I go to change my data-only plan for the Fall 2016 plan, it is still requiring me to pay the full $120, do you guys know why?

Maybe rewards only get applied to renewals and not initial setup?

Thank you,

JL.

tknguyen

@ta2 they are setting up pick up locations in some cities, check the announcements page for locations.. details soon! and you can still activate and switch over if you have a sim car before then

ta2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

jairolevi

Please feel free to stick with Bell.. 

This is definetely not for you.

@slavitch wrote:

How do I register for the plan? I was too busy to sign up earlier and it only shows 2GB.

That is NOT good enough, if that's how you treat people I WILL stick with Bell.

Paddle8

@Katwu wrote:

I was so happy and excited to leave Rogers and join pm hearing this wonderful promotion, so I went on line to begin the process today, then found out you guys stopped shipping out SIM cards because we won't receive it in time... So how is nov. 20 the deadline when you stopped the promotion way before then?! You are not really honouring your promises and words...please tell me how will you rectify this?

The promotion is available to existing customers and anyone with a SIM card. They'll be doing SIM card pickups in select locations being announced tomorrow. 

They don't want people to order SIMs that could arrive too late.

ShadowWarrior

Your best bet if you don't have a SIM card yet is to go tomorrow to the corresponding locations. Once you have the SIM card, the rest of the process is really easy given that you are patient. 

If you ordered your SIM card today and you live in Toronto, then probably you will receive it either tomorrow or Friday as long as Canada post follow their regular delivery service. 

The SIM card shipment method uses the priority mail option and I believe that all the shipments are being done from York(Toronto) as per the information listed on my mail delivery of my SIM card.

Good luck. 

Katwu

I was so happy and excited to leave Rogers and join pm hearing this wonderful promotion, so I went on line to begin the process today, then found out you guys stopped shipping out SIM cards because we won't receive it in time... So how is nov. 20 the deadline when you stopped the promotion way before then?! You are not really honouring your promises and words...please tell me how will you rectify this?

Paddle8

@spetel It's being announced tomorrow. 

s3prasad

@spetel

Accoding to the Mods, pick up locations will be available tomorrow at 9 am. 

spetel
Can someone please post the Toronto pickup location address?

bcsteeve

@slavitch wrote:

How do I register for the plan? I was too busy to sign up earlier and it only shows 2GB.

I suspect that if I were attempting to be a low cost provider, I wouldn't be too heart broken about trimming rhe attitude.  I would appreciate the customers that exhibit a modicum of patience and let Bell have the ones that feel they can threaten their way to the front of the queue.

Clearly, this is a different kind of provider.  perhaps it takes a different kind of customer . 

tknguyen

@s3prasad yes! I think you will get it by friday. Im from toronto and had 2 cards shipped in about 1-3 days

s3prasad

Hi everyone! I want to take advantage of this promo.

I recieved a shipping notification for my SIM card this evening (Nov 16). I live in Toronto. Do you think i'll recieve it by Friday or should I purchase another one from the Toronto pick-up location tomorrow?

Thank you! 

el56

OK. Took four (or was it five) attempts, it's all done.

Thanks to all who helped, including one whose kindness led me to list them as as a referral.

ShadowWarrior

When you have a SIM card go on the home page and select:

1.Activate SIM card (it will bring you to the page where you have to fill in you SIM card along with your personal info)

2.when you get to the plan section select:

-90days

-unlimited provincial calls

-unlimited text

-12gb of data

3. you should see the final price with the discount applied of the promo.

slavitch

Need Help? Let's chat.