cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

PvP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@imm1304 Ok, I see that now and will ask my friend to setup a community account. Thx for the tip

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PvP, this community signup does not require an active public mobile account.  Anyone can sign up for a public mobile commuinty forum account and post here.  

Once you post here, I have seen the awesome PM mods take info such as the sim card number via private message and help out.  So, if you really want to take advantage of this promo and the only thing stopping you is the activation errors, getting help here in the community is the best way forward.

PvP

Yes, I know that I can post and email CM, etc.,but if a new customer gets stuck during the sign up, how do they contact the community? They ask for a PM phone number to sign up and you don't have one.

imm1304

@PvP, you can always post in this community and we are able to troubleshoot some of the common errors encountered during activation.  

If we can't help you, sending a private message to forum moderators can offer solutions such as getting the account created from their end on your behalf and then getting instructions to setup the selfserve access to your account.

PvP

It sure is a great plan. I moved my family of four over and there where some frustrating moments which still has not been resolved. I also urged friends to switch and they are having a hard time. If the switch does not work you cannot complain and reach anybody because you have no account. You can't have an account because you don't have a valid phone number.

Rockdaddy22
I definitely trust they won't be changing for along time. I'm really hoping for an even better Canada Wide plan with PM in the future.

Gary_Lw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you @srlawren, and @hopetindall, and @McLaren. I know all the major carrier has such clause to allow them to raise rate.  I was just wondering if existing users have good experience with PM.  It's good to hear that you are all happy with PM so far.  I've been a long time Rogers customer with a great legacy plan.  I'm considering switching because Rogers just starting to raise rate of their legacy plan.  They did that to my daughter and I am expecting them to do the same to me.

@Canuck, you've been here since June.  You know the issues haven't been a problem this big until the promo started.

There is a backlog of issues, a huge volume.  They e added 2 mods since the issues started compiling.  Safe to say, they are busy.

Give them a chance to catch up.  The post I'm replying to says it's been 27 hours since you sent PMs.  Others are waiting minimum 5 days.

your issue will be addressed.

colin1

I signed up to this plan on Monday but I got an error on the payment page (one message said that the process was successful and that my account was set up, the other said that there was an error). My credit card was charged the $120 amount, but when I try to put in the SIM it just tells me that I don't have texting or calling on my plan, even though I selected the 12GB, provincial calling and global texting options. 

I also can't access my account (it says that it doesn't exist) but also won't let me create one with my number, nor sign up again with my SIM.

I've been waiting all week for a response to my e-mail but I haven't heard anything. Anyone else having these problems?

HSue

Thanks.  Good to know the shipping is fairly quick.

jimmyche
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You cannot, ask around to see if anyone in your area can spare you an extra sim if yours is not arriving in time.  But provided your order time, you are most likely ok. It normallys take 2-3 days once you get the email from Public that your sim is shipped. 

@HSue wrote:

Hello, I ordered my sim card today so I can take advantage of your 4GB / $40 promo plan.  What if the sim card doesn't arrive in time?  Can I sign up for the plan without the sim card?  Thank you

HSue

Hello, I ordered my sim card today so I can take advantage of your 4GB / $40 promo plan.  What if the sim card doesn't arrive in time?  Can I sign up for the plan without the sim card?  Thank you

srlawren

@Gary_Lw as @hopetindall and @McLaren have replied, PM has a history of grandfathering plans that are longer offered for folks that are already on those plans.  There have been two major revisions to the plan offerings, and both times, folks on discontinued plans were grandfathered on the same plan at the same price as long as they want.  There are two things that would cause you to lose this plan if you get onto it prior to Nov 20th:

1) you explicity change your plan to some other plan after Nov 20th--at that point, you would not be able to get this plan back, OR

2) you let your account be deactivated by not making a payment for 90 days after your your last payment due date (the end of your last paid cycle).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Gary_Lw

My wife has a grandfathered plan from 2014 and its been the same since. Take it for what it's worth 

hopetindall

@Gary_Lw wrote:

This plan looks very good until I read the Terms of Service, in which it says PM can change our rate any time without notice.  Since we pay every 90 days, after 90 days there is no guarantee that the promo price will stay the same.  I know Brook_C said the promo price will remain after the initial 90 days, but Terms of Service trumps everything.  We will all be at the mercy of PM to honor that promo price after a few 90-days cycles.  Can users who's been with PM for a long time tell me how has PM been behaving in the past? Have PM been a good and honorable corporation, and treat everyone fairly?

This is the same kind of clause you will find in all carriers' Terms of Service.

Basically - yes, we need to trust that PM will continue to offer a good bargain on their plans.

The great equalizer is that absent contracts customers could always leave if they are unhappy and hopefully competition between the fighter brands will keep rates low.

That being said - I know folks personally who have held on to grandfathered plans both with Telus (PM

's parent company) and PM.

There are no guarantees in life; just save your $500 this year and hope to do so next year too!

PHT

Gary_Lw

This plan looks very good until I read the Terms of Service, in which it says PM can change our rate any time without notice.  Since we pay every 90 days, after 90 days there is no guarantee that the promo price will stay the same.  I know Brook_C said the promo price will remain after the initial 90 days, but Terms of Service trumps everything.  We will all be at the mercy of PM to honor that promo price after a few 90-days cycles.  Can users who's been with PM for a long time tell me how has PM been behaving in the past? Have PM been a good and honorable corporation, and treat everyone fairly?

Kaiyo

@ronster wrote:

@Mengxuan wrote:

I am thinking about getting all my friends to port over..

I am hoping to get 38 friends of mine to port over lol...

Good luck with that. I bet only 3.8 friends switches

Jimmy

Great promo but too bad the schedule plan change doesn't work. Everyone seems to be having the same problem. Hopefully this will get resolved.

mylabmax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Waiting to activate next week.  Still have a huge tab balance.

ronster

@Mengxuan wrote:

I am hoping to get 38 friends of mine to port over lol...

ronster

@Jonavin wrote:

@ronster They've changed the plans twice since I've started. Now you can keep your old plan, but I would be stupid to keep my 2GB $120 plan when it changed to 6GB, and now 12GB for the same price. There are people who still have the very old PM plans from when Telus bought them.

They let you keep the plan forever as long as your account is in good order (paid up and not lapsed). More likely you will switch in the future because you decide that the new offer is even better value (not necessarily paying less).

@Jonavin yes that would be stoopid and stubborn to keep 2gb $120 plan when you can have 12gb for the same price lol.  I would give 100 bravos if someone insists on keeping 2gb $120 plan! lol..

Let's hope PM will grandfather this plan indefinitely until a better plan comes out next .  And hope PM come up with US roaming.  Not going to US anytime soon after Trump elected lol... but just in case...

Mengxuan

GS911

Thanks. Sent shaziak a private message. Bell Sim still working, number hasn't been ported.  Hopefully will be resolved soon.   

Jonavin

@ronster They've changed the plans twice since I've started. Now you can keep your old plan, but I would be stupid to keep my 2GB $120 plan when it changed to 6GB, and now 12GB for the same price. There are people who still have the very old PM plans from when Telus bought them.

They let you keep the plan forever as long as your account is in good order (paid up and not lapsed). More likely you will switch in the future because you decide that the new offer is even better value (not necessarily paying less).

homer

Only 10 days left!!! 

ronster

@WearySky wrote:

@Jonavin wrote:

The chance of PM changing this plan after is about the same as the chance of your current plan changing. So I don't know why people are still asking. 

Because the terrible state of the Canadian wireless landscape has trained consumers to assume that this plan is far too good to be true, and there must be a catch.  That's pretty much all there is to it, really. I've been contemplating a switch to PM for ages, but never found a plan with enough data for me.  This sealed the deal, finally.

Price of one of the add-on increased within the contract period before just because add-on wasn't considered as part of the plan.  I know nothing is an absolute.  That's why I wanted some long time PM customers to tell me how PM had handled grandfathering old plans in the past as I am very new to PM.  Given the span of promotion period for this plan, it's hard to research the history of PM.

ronster

@Jonavin wrote:

The chance of PM changing this plan after is about the same as the chance of your current plan changing. So I don't know why people are still asking. This is not one of these, get credit for 10 months an dthen the price jumps. $120 + tax is what you oay every 90 days... and less in the coming years. Even if you have no referals, autopay or community rewards, I guarantee you that you will be paying less than $120 next year.

No doubt that I will be paying less than $120 next year... I tend to stick with a provider a long time if it treats me well.  I am sure PM is one of those! 🙂

pakmode

Can't believe this deal is almost done.

So far so good. No issues at all. 

Good job PM Team.

Now let's get some more Data and US Roaming AddOn Options ASAP.

WearySky

@GS911 wrote:

Decided to make the switch.   Helping my dad port his number over from Bell.  Got the PM sim card, signed up yesterday afternoon and got a confirmation email, however port over still hasn't happened, Bell number is still active.   Any idea what a standard time frame is?  Also not able to log into self-serve using the login and password I registered for.

What @imm1304 said.  It sounds like your port has a problem (either it's stalled and needs to be kicked, or there was an issue with the information you provided).  Send @Shazia_K a private message (see this thread for the information that you'll need to provide her) and she (or one of the other mods, they can all see the PMs sent by others) will be able to help you out.  Just be patient, as the popularity of this promo has led to MANY people having problems, and the 4 mods are a bit overwhelmed.

imm1304

Hi @GS911,

Number port usually takes few minutes upto couple of hours.  Since its been a day, I would say that your port request has encountered an error.  

Send a private message to @Shazia_K with brief description of what is and isn't working, and include the following info:

1. public mobile sim card number you activated, and email address linked to PM account.

2. Bell phone number to be ported

3. Bell account number and PIN

4. Name on the Bell account

Need Help? Let's chat.