cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

GS911
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Decided to make the switch.   Helping my dad port his number over from Bell.  Got the PM sim card, signed up yesterday afternoon and got a confirmation email, however port over still hasn't happened, Bell number is still active.   Any idea what a standard time frame is?  Also not able to log into self-serve using the login and password I registered for.

@WearySky stores charge tax on vouchers UNLESS they are doing a promo event 

If your plan is $120 you need $120 of vouchers regardless of what you paid for them

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@imm1304 that's good to hear, but still doesn't explain the one person in the RFD thread who bought $120 worth of vouchers, went to sign up, and couldn't because his account didn't have $120+tax available.  That's why I found it confusing.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Canuck@WearySky

Its always supposed to be whatever price +tax.  Anyone who didn't get charged tax during activation just got lucky due to some minor glitch.  I believe thanks to the chatter generated on RFD, PM has fixed this already.  

When you buy the voucher for $120, the vendor will charge you $120 + tax.  And when you top up using the voucher, the selfserve will show balance of $120.  Hope this helps.  

Canuck
That's what I'm hoping for. Clarification

WearySky

@Canuck there's been some confusion on this - I've seen some people say that they were charged tax on vouchers, others that they weren't (also, I think there's two different types of vouchers, which confuses it even more).  The promo plan is $120+tax, so if you're not charged tax on the vouchers I presume you'll have to have $120+tax worth?  But maybe somebody else could help clarify.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Canuck

Yes, please and once you top up the old plan might activate but don't worry I'll change it to the promo plan in a blink of an eye 😉

Thank you for your patience!! 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Canuck
Okay. Now I want to get her to the promo plan so I'd need to get 120.00 worth correct?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Canuck

Can you try @Rockdaddy22's suggestion? for now? the card will be blocked for the next 14 days. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Shoppers drug mart, CanadianTire gas bar. Good spots for vouchers

Canuck
Nope. Don't have another card. And most places I don't even know who carries vouchers. Can that card be unblocked? It's my only one.

WearySky

@Canuck wrote:

Unfortunately twitter support won't help.. It's a credit card issue, and no one will reply to my Pm's

Unfortunately, your only option is to get in line.  There are only 4 mods, and there are many people in line ahead of you with problems just as severe.  Turnaround seems to be about 4 days right now, from what I'm seeing in other threads.  The reason @Rockdaddy22 suggested trying Twitter is because some people have reported getting support quicker through them (and yes, even billing issues).  Apparently Facebook is another option as well that has worked for some people, but I believe it's very much YMMV.

Sadly, this is one of the main drawbacks of signing up with PM at the moment.  Most of the time it's not that bad, but due to the OVERWHELMING popularity of this plan it's resulted in a bit of a clusterfarg, support-wise.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Canuck

I'm really sorry to hear about this, 

Rest assured that your message was not ignored but we were just going by the oldest message to the newest one. 

According to your mother's account, the credit card you have been using is declined and blocked by our system from trying too many times. Is it possible to use another credit card or a payment voucher for this time?

Thanks,

Shazia

Canuck

Unfortunately twitter support won't help.. It's a credit card issue, and no one will reply to my Pm's

Rockdaddy22
I know it sucks, but this promo is extremely popular and created a backlog unfortunately. Maybe try creating thread asking for help, that's all I can suggest. Twitter support could maybe work for you. @Canuck

WearySky

@Jonavin wrote:

The chance of PM changing this plan after is about the same as the chance of your current plan changing. So I don't know why people are still asking. 

Because the terrible state of the Canadian wireless landscape has trained consumers to assume that this plan is far too good to be true, and there must be a catch.  That's pretty much all there is to it, really. I've been contemplating a switch to PM for ages, but never found a plan with enough data for me.  This sealed the deal, finally.

Canuck

Doesn't Matter who can fix it, People are getting pissed, I PMed two mods 27 hours ago, not even read yet. WTF.

Rockdaddy22
What are you talking about, Brooke isn't even one of the mods that could fix those kind of issues.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Philosoraptor I think they're doing everything they can. I don't actually see much promotion of this plan. It's all promoting itself with very enthusiastic users here and other sites (e.g. RFD).

Philosoraptor

@Brooke_C It'd be wonderful if activation issues took priority over promoting this plan.

Jonavin

The chance of PM changing this plan after is about the same as the chance of your current plan changing. So I don't know why people are still asking. This is not one of these, get credit for 10 months an dthen the price jumps. $120 + tax is what you oay every 90 days... and less in the coming years. Even if you have no referals, autopay or community rewards, I guarantee you that you will be paying less than $120 next year.

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @WearySky,

This is a misprint on some of the flyers that were sent out to people who participated in our SIM Swap. Please tell your friends and family members that the last day the promo plan is available is November 20th. Apologies for the confusion! 

Rockdaddy22
No reason to think they won't.

cphan0604
Nothing is guaranteed in life except death and taxes.... But i would put faith in pm that we will be grandfathered...

WearySky

@ronster wrote:

@WearySky Will PM change the term or price of this plan to higher than $120?  Is there 'Price is subject to change' clause?  Or they will grandfather this plan indefinitely? 🙂

There's no 100% guarantee that they won't (there's always fine print that you agree to saying they can change it), but PM has a long history of maintaining grandfathered plans like this indefinitely (I think the only exception was pre-Telus-Takeover CDMA plans that got dumped?).  There are people here who've had grandfathered plans for years.  

So, tl;dr - yes, they can change it.  No, they probably won't any time in the near future.  They are far less likely, based on past history, to change the price on your plan than, say, Rogers or Bell.

Jonavin

@ute1978 you have to pay taxes. So you're doing $40+tax (varies by province).

ute1978

@srlawren If this was true, I would save the taxes by adding 3x$40 to my account during those 90 days and when my plan is due the system/account won't go into error?

EDIT: Never mind, I misunderstood your explanation.

srlawren

@Jonavin the discussion is around how to avoid having to come up with the $120 all at once.  The proposal is to credit your account every 30 days or so, as if you were on a monthly plan, to ease the hit every 3 months.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@hopetindall hahaha "oracele"?--yes.  "wise"?--debatable!

But you are correct.  Everything you see in self-serve is pre-tax.  So if your plan shows as $120 in self-server, that means $120+tax.  If you make a "$40" payment in self-serve, your credit card is charged $40+tax, and your account is credited $40.  The tax is collected on the payment only, and then the amount before taxes is credited to your PM account.  Your renewal cost is paid for in already-taxed dollars from the credit on your account.

Even auto-pay works this way.  So if you're coming up for renewal on auto pay for a $120 plan and have $0 in your account, auto pay first makes a payment of $120 for your, crediting your pM account $120 and charging your credit card $120+tax, and then pays for your plan out of your PM account credit.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jonavin

Just put it on autopay, saved $6 every 3 months and not have to worry about it. You'll never get any overage charge.

Need Help? Let's chat.