cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

domenicocortez
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

ok, ok, now you got me, you dont have to bring back the good old 1gb/plan, we have a deal, so i can tell to my family and friends what Public mobile can do for his members...

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Because it's prepaid, there's never any overages on anything, it just won't work. Never any extra fees. You'll love PM compared to Wind 🙂

Magicite
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Alright, you've got my attention. I've been a loyal customer with Wind Mobile since 2013, but your prices have just matched (actually, beaten with the loyalty bonuses) their pricing, so I am willing to give this a go. The idea of being on a better network sounds great. I plan to leave my Wind account active for the first month, incase things don't work out.

Right now I'm on a Wind $39 package, with unlimited Can/US calling, 5GB full speed data and voicemail. Your offering of provice wide only calling is fine with me, as I never in my 3 years with wind have ever used my long distance offering anyways, and I don't come close to using 5GB/mo in mobile data (yay, wifi networks). So my questions:

On wind I have all options that might cost me extra disabled, aka no roaming, no long distance beyond whats offered, no premium features. Is this something I can enabled with PM too? Like, if I run out of data, or if I try to dial a phone # out of my zone, I want it simply to not work, not risk extra fees.

Also, anyone here from Hamilton ON?  I'm curious as to service reception in the city. My Wind is solid at home and at work, but when travelling around the city I do get some areas where the network drops out, and this is what bugs me. Should I expect similar on PM?

Looking forward to giving this a try, hopefully it works out. 🙂

Rockdaddy22
That's awesome news, welcome to the PM family 🙂

lobotomizer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

byebye over priced rogers, see you spotty wind.

Hello Public Mobile Heart

I was ported over within a minute Smiley Very Happy

srlawren

@Flat as @imm1304 suggested, you could try the email route.  Rest assured, your plan will get corrected, it just might take a day or two right now due to the heavy volume of support requests. Thanks for your patience.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

Hi @Flat,

You can try sending a message via the "Contact Us" page as the moderators are gone for the night.  

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Or try back tomorrow with a moderator.  

bmendes

Just switched and am loving it 🙂 Service is great and customer support has very helpful. Will definitely recommend to others 🙂 

I think the Mods are done for the night.

Flat

Help! I changed my plan over to the fall promo a few days ago. My plan autorenewed yesterday and I am still on the 6GB option. I sent an email already but I need to make sure that this is fixed before it's too late.

Rockdaddy22
Should've mentioned, one will be in around 9am tomorrow

Rockdaddy22
I will tag a mod for you, hold tight.
@Mary_M could one of you please take a look at this.

mg8765

I changed my plan to this new one 3 days ago to be effective at the renewal day which was today but to my surprise nothing was changed. 

imm1304

@sp00ny780, since you just paid and want to change your plan, you can try sending a request to Mary or Saray who are online at the moment.  If you upgrade your plan in selfserve, you will have to pay the full $120 as the system doesn't give refunds or apply the money to the upgraded plan.

The other option is to future-date the new upgraded plan to take effect on your next plan renewal date. There is an option for this on the plan change page in selfserve.  

hopetindall
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sp00ny780 wrote:

I'm one day into with PM, and it was quick and easy to switch my exsisting number. Love it! However, when you sign up with this new promo, am I limited to using 4Gbs/month, or can I use the 12Gbs in one month? 

Thanks again PM.

You can absolutely use your 12GB in the first day if you want. It means you will have nothing left for the remaining 89 days though!

mwun

I just join PM minutes ago. The number porting was completed within 10mins. It seems the reception is better than my previous provide at my home.

It seems already have data access without updating the data settings/APN stuff. 

sp00ny780

Thanks for the prompt reply! I just payed for a 30 day plan, my cycle ends on the 28th of November. I'm inclined to upgrade my account. Will the amount I paid be applied to the upgraded plan?

imm1304

Hi @sp00ny780!  Welcome to PM!  

You have 90 days to use the 12GB.. however u like.  Once you use up the 12Gb, you will not have any more data left for the rest of the days remaining in your plan.  At that point, you can buy a data add-on or wait it out until next cycle.  

ridsama

@sp00ny780 You can use it however you like in the 90 days, you could use 12GB in one day if you want.

sp00ny780

I'm one day into with PM, and it was quick and easy to switch my exsisting number. Love it! However, when you sign up with this new promo, am I limited to using 4Gbs/month, or can I use the 12Gbs in one month? 

Thanks again PM.

ridsama

I see, thanks for that info!

imm1304

@ridsama, Mary is working at the moment as I can see her actively replying to posts.  

However, PM has set up the system so that private messages to any moderators get answered by whoever is working.  So now its just matter of waiting .. your message/request will be addressed in the order it was received asap.  

ridsama

@imm1304 I sent both @Mary_M and @Shazia_K a private message, but I'm just not sure who is working on the weekend...

imm1304

@ridsama, we went through this with the last plan change as well 😞

Send @Mary_M a private message with your public mobile phone number and the plan change issue.  She will be able to resolve it promptly.  

ridsama

It is as I feared, one of my accounts renewed today and it DID NOT go to this promo plan!! Do not trust the Change my plan at next renewal process!! Now I have to get somebody to fix it. I have another account coming up for 90 days renewal in a week or so. I'm afraid that one won't be updated to the new promo plan either...

imm1304

@boldventure, as far as we know, there is no throttling of speeds on PM.  In fact, if your phone is capable, you even have access to the blazing fast LTE+ advanced netowrk.  

Several people have been running speed tests and posting results on RFD and they don't seem to reach the same conclusion as you suggest.  

boldventure
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Some are comparing the speed with Koodo on LTE, same phone. Koodo is twice faster than pm. Shouldn't both have the same speed since both are Telus or Telus might be prioritizing Koodo and sets the speed lower for pm?

jamestneutron

Also set up prepay...you will receive the reward credit off your next bill!

jamestneutron

Welcome back to having signal that can penetrate buildings! I work in my basement and got zero coverage on Wind...and would have trouble with calls dropping when I was in my back yard...and data that was so slow that I could barely load a webpage...can't believe I almost stuck out the 2 years with them. It turns out that I don't actually get that many phone calls...but now I no longer have to wonder, lol! 

jchlo

Just switch from Wind, let see how it goes.

Need Help? Let's chat.