cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Changes to Our In-Market Plans

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community, 

Public Mobile is making a few refreshes to our rate plans. We will be discontinuing some plans in favour of re-introducing ones that we know our customers love.

Effective April 9th, 2021, we will be discontinuing the Province-wide rate plan suite. This comes as a result of listening to feedback from our customers on how we’re doing.  We want to keep making adjustments to plans that make sense, and re-evaluate the ones that aren’t working as well.  

At the same time, we are making some changes to our existing in-market plans:  re-introducing $15 Canada-wide calling plans, increasing the data offered on $35 and $50 plans and discontinuing the Province-wide as well as our $45 rate plan.

We are committed to continue testing new offers and make adjustments that will give our customers options with flexibility and good value in the future. 

See below for more details on our refreshed rate plan line-up:

Public Mobile Plan Suite 

Monthly Rate

Canada-wide Minutes

Data Included + Autopay Bonus

$15

100 Minutes

250MB

$25

Unlimited

1GB

$35

Unlimited

3GB

$40

Unlimited

5GB

$50

Unlimited CAN & US

10.5GB

How to change your plan: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select your preferred plan. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile plans, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

190 REPLIES 190

@hTideGnow First Chatr does not have $15

this is incorrect...

I guess they have to dance around the $35 plan as this is the one that start competing with the Tier 2.  Since Pandemic, Tier 2 has come down in price and increase the limit.  Their $40 /$45 plans are pretty much amazing.  I even saw a  Fido promotion for $35 once of twice (a short weekend only deal or so).  

For $25 and $15,  PM does not really care.  First Chatr does not have $15.  Second, I don't think there are  much movement for customers in these 2 plans.  Choices are limited with no true advantage to jump ship

I have never been able to figure why the don't have:

1GB = $25

2GB = $30

3GB = $35

5GB = $40

7GB = $45

9GB = $50

its probably done to entice the customers to consider the higher data plan. the plans are structured to have about a $10-12 savings vs Koodo postpaid. if there was a $45 plan it would probably be an 8gb plan. having that gap, will give them a bigger opportunity to increase profits. the 10.5gb is very appealing to high data users. they know most people will compare the 2 plans($40/$50) and go for the higher data amount. 

They have danced around the $30/$35 for 1.5/2/2.5/3 GB now for a couple of years

i think the $35 plan has improved alot since being here. in 1 year pm doubled its data amount. 

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

The easiest way go be kept up to date about many pricing changes and promotions is to have an account with CCS that's how I found out as I checked my email first.....CCS is very good about informing its customers about pm promotions and plans. But one must decide....pm does very little promotional email/text marketing and CCS does a lot!! Too much or too little....whaddya gonna do?

Actually, the best and easiest is to get it directly from the source...

PM posts all their announcements here in the Announcement thread SO sign up to get notified of EVERY new post.... Just follow the simple instructions on this post and never miss another announcement:

How to get notified of ANY New Promos, Announcements, System Outages, etc

I have never been able to figure why the don't have:

1GB = $25

2GB = $30

3GB = $35

5GB = $40

7GB = $45

9GB = $50

They have danced around the $30/$35 for 1.5/2/2.5/3 GB now for a couple of years and the $45 plan comes and goes, comes back then goes away again. It isn't like it is really “gone” when people are left grandfathered on it so what “administration” is saved by dumping it?

AE_Collector

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

@Pawprints1986 

I would really like if PM  brought back the the 2gb $30 a month. Enjoy your grandfathered plan.

That plan wasn't around long. You have to choose from 1GB for $25 or 3GB for $35.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Pawprints1986 

I would really like if PM  brought back the the 2gb $30 a month. Enjoy your grandfathered plan.

fdrcamb519

Awesome Awesome News😀

Canlan54a
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@LurganIeUk @Well for one: payment/service issues related to auto pay renewal. Which segued into other topics as well

@AE_Collector wrote:

This latest CRTC decision should be in its own topic rather than tacked on to this exiting Announcement so I started one here in the Lounge:

AE_Collector

@Anonymous wrote:

@AE_Collector : Did you not see that there are several topics on this already? Edit: ok one. But the dotmobile topic is also mentioning it.

The only mention I saw of it was the Dot Mobile post. I did a quick look before posting but didn’t see any other mention of it. Maybe they can be merged or if there are no replies I will remove it. Gone.

AE_Collector

@Canlan54a wrote:

@LurganIeUk  here here! I have been trying to make this precise point in several previous posts in related topics

Well Good Morning and Thank You. What post are you referring too?😀

Canlan54a

@AE_Collector  Hmm, marketing...it's  an ongoing "shell game" it's the nature of the beast and lifes blood of the system‌😫

Canlan54a

@LurganIeUk  here here! I have been trying to make this precise point in several previous posts in related topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector : Did you not see that there are several topics on this already? Edit: ok one. But the dotmobile topic is also mentioning it.

This latest CRTC decision should be in its own topic rather than tacked on to this exiting Announcement so I started one here in the Lounge:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/CRTC-TAKES-ANOTHER-CRACK-AT-COMPETITION/m-...

AE_Collector

@ToMuchCatnip wrote:

Glad you are ditching the province wide calling. That was a step back.  Felt like early 2000 cellular company shenanigans. Anyways thanks for the announcement and good work!

They're not really ditching it. Some customers still have province wide calling and that won't change.

ToMuchCatnip
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Glad you are ditching the province wide calling. That was a step back.  Felt like early 2000 cellular company shenanigans. Anyways thanks for the announcement and good work!

Rosguru

I agree that customers should be notified by text about the changes to plans and how to upgrade onto the Canada Wide plan from the Province Wide.

Thanks to Public Mobile for reintroducing the Canada Wide Plan.

@Anonymous wrote:

@AE_Collector : Golf course...boardroom...to-may-to... to-mah-to 🙂

iirc the 5gb (4.5+.5) was $45. I could of course be wrong. I don't generally pay attention to paying such a monthly price.

Yeah the 5GB has been $40. 6.5 GB was $45 and it was just dropped...again. After they brought it back not all that long ago. 

AE_Collector

Using over 10 GB?  Yes, young kids these days are so lazy to toggle between Wifi and Data, they can download the whole movies off data.

What kind of good personal  offer you got before?

Pawprints1986

Does anyone actually use 10+ gigs of data? With WiFi almost everywhere? I've always been curious. When I've kept an eye on even post paid deals with the other carriers, it's never a reduced price for less data for the "little guys". It's always additional data/promo data for the same price. You can get a "little guys" plan with data, but to pay similar as here you have to wait for a personal offer. At least with koodo that's the case, or used to be

I've also found it interesting that on plans they will say it must come with data in order to use a data add on, but they can offer you a personal offer of a data add on even on a no data (or pay per use) plan. I'm sure it's just a money grab since data plans are more, and not truly a system limitation 😕

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector : Golf course...boardroom...to-may-to... to-mah-to 🙂

iirc the 5gb (4.5+.5) was $45. I could of course be wrong. I don't generally pay attention to paying such a monthly price.

@Anonymous wrote:  I still think shenanigans are going on together in boardrooms of the Big 3...
The $15 switched back to Canada-wide. The $35 added some data. The 5gb went down in price. The $50 added some data.

Having worked there for 37.5 years I feel I have the inside track on this and can correct you that the shenanigans take place on the Golf Course, not in the Boardroom.

I hadn’t noticed any change to the $40/5GB plan...is there? Going back to take a look now....

<edit> Not seeing a change there. Quite awhile ago they cut it to 4 GB/$40 plus .5GB Autopay data bonus. But that only lasted a few weeks or so and it was back to 4.5GB plus .5GB Autopay bonus.

AE_Collector

@nathfreder1 wrote:

Looks like Lucky and Chatr jumped on the 10.5 train

It's too bad that Chatr and Lucky didn't offer more than 10.5GB for $50. Public Mobile would have certainly done the same.

nathfreder1

Definitely it’s no coincidence that their plans are identical and promotions just happen to be at the exact same time

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nathfreder1 wrote:

And people snarked at this place for being followers. They led on province-wide (nobody bit and I think a technical failure) and then they led on data buckets.

I still think shenanigans are going on together in boardrooms of the Big 3...

nathfreder1

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Excellent!

@sjbdelrosario wrote:

@dabr 

Appreciate your info.

@sjbdelrosario   Yes the $25 plan always had 1GB data total (500MB+500MB autopay bonus).  So nothing has changed, although technically it should be 1024MB for 1GB. 😊

However, it has been noted many times that PM's details on plans can be a little sloppy and open to misinterpretation...

Need Help? Let's chat.