cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] System Issue: Accounts in Suspend

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: The account suspend issue has been resolved. Thank you.

————————

Hey Community, 

We’re currently having some issues with our Monthly Renewal Charge and Auto Top-Ups, causing some customer accounts to mistakenly go into suspend. Our team is working on a fix, all services for impacted accounts are expected to be reinstated by 4pm EST. Check back for more updates. We’ll also update this post when the issue is resolved. 

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team

591 REPLIES 591

@Clemhoeck I saw you opened ticket yesterday.   Open a new one again and ask for updates 

Clemhoeck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

More than 24 hours now and I still have no service! This is unacceptable! 

HScott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was going to try removing the sim card this morning, but when I pressed "shut down" the phone restarted for some reason, and then service was restored. 

norain15

Oh it's super misleading, I know 😞😞😞

I just had meds attempted to get delivered that I absolutely NEED and now I can't get them until Wednesday. Because they couldn't buzz into my building with my phone out of service. I'm so furious right now 😭 and they're just dancing around in my messages

Jayphon

Its really frustrating that this subject says the problem is resolved when it isn't.

Jayphon

How do I DM an agent?   I just submitted a second ticket because the 1st ticket only fixed that a payment went through, and I still can't make calls.

PM is a prepaid service...which means you're free to subscribe elsewhere without penalty. You should find a cell network that you like and can afford, if PM is so bad.

We'll be here when you get back.

stucazz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey my data is working now but no phone or text still. Tried to reset everything still no luck. 

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Because its no-frills here and the staff are mostly probationary new highers for Telus, that's why the leadership here changes often since they all eventually get promoted, so the general upkeep here tends to fall apart, all public is a third-tier bait provider to get people to be a part of the Telus family, the point, in the end, being they will eventually convince you to pay more switching to one of their other brands, but since that hasn't been happening as much as they'd like they've been changing things here so it does happen, or make them more profit in the end.

Has customer service not reached out or responded at all? I'm assuming you have opened a ticket.. I am hoping they can resolve this in some fashion! 

Leo57
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Dont give up. Send a message to a different agent

Jayphon

I've done everything suggested and have had a customer service agent reply that Ive made my payment but I still can not make phone calls.

bcd

They fixed mine now as well. Suggest doing the direct message vs create a ticket, that was what they replied to. Good luck to everyone still dealing with this.

Leo57

Send a message to a different agent. Trust me the first guy didnt do anything the secong guy got me going. Dont give up

norain15

Hopefully that's what happens for me then 😂😭

norain15

Yeah the CS Agent in my messages just now told me differently. That they're having a massive outage. That they're doing their best to get it back up etc etc. I got that message as you posted this. So who REALLY KNOWS how long anyone is going to be dealing with this. Cause some people have had it fixed, it seems? And a lot definitely not. 

Super disappointing.

Leo57

So guys just to update all of you. Get in touch with an agent. He added a credit on his end and ir worked. I am back. Good luck to you all

Leo57

CS agent is telling me that the problem has been resolved. He tells me to turn the phone off and turn it back on. (Im going to loose it if anybody else tells me to do this again) IT IS STILL NOT WORKING

Over 5 years of service with PM and no issues.  As for compensation for a lost day i do agree it is inconvenient but does your power company compensate you when there is power outages?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

MarieRamsey

Why haven't you provided an update yet?

norain15

That's the point. That's why I said, "Reading through the comments and seeing how long this has been going on? I'm considering myself pretty lucky."

This is an absolute mess.

Leo57

norain15 get in line haha. Sorry not funny but most of us have been on here since yesterday

norain15

THIS IS NOT RESOLVED. My issues didn't even begin until today!!!! I had no idea any of this was going on until I got that text today saying I apparently hadn't paid, which is obviously not true lol. I need my phone! Between doctors and other familial concerns, and I'm not the only one out there. Reading through the comments and seeing how long this has been going on? I'm considering myself pretty lucky. But this bad! I have medicine coming to me today and now the delivery people won't be able to buzz me today 🙃 and when they can't buzz me, they don't deliver. So, that's just great.

MarieRamsey

No.

Unbelievable. 

MarieRamsey

You do realize the carrier can send you a text even if your service isn't active, right? lol. Perhaps before you reply you should know what you're talking about.

@MarieRamsey    Agreed that yesterday's autopay fiasco should never have happened and also with your point that some compensation should be considered for users who were left without service through no fault of their own.   Also agree that some things should have been/need to be fixed more quickly and more prompt and regular communication from PM and management would greatly help and be appreciated.

Have to disagree that this carrier is the worse as 99% percent of the time service works without issue, but then again you're mostly going to see customers posting only about their problems on this forum as that is the reason for creating this community site in the first place.

bcd

I am at the same point. I can't go without service indefinitely without a resolution in sight. Will be switching providers this afternoon.

@MarieRamsey 

What would the point of a mass text if you couldn't receive It? Then only those not with the issue would receive it.

@computergeek541 

Work your magic and make one complaint thread for this user.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

MarieRamsey

Seriously. WHY? 

every month a new issue arises.

it's unfathomable. I've never heard of a phone company screwing up this much.

Leo57

At this point I am ready to abandon ship. This is a disgrace. PM are not responding to our open tickets. wow

I guess we are not worth their time

Need Help? Let's chat.