cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] System Issue: Accounts in Suspend

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: The account suspend issue has been resolved. Thank you.

————————

Hey Community, 

We’re currently having some issues with our Monthly Renewal Charge and Auto Top-Ups, causing some customer accounts to mistakenly go into suspend. Our team is working on a fix, all services for impacted accounts are expected to be reinstated by 4pm EST. Check back for more updates. We’ll also update this post when the issue is resolved. 

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team

591 REPLIES 591

@griffy1972 

There is an identified glitch occurring to some accounts that went thru renewal last night. Service is to be restored by 4pm eastern. See here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-Issue-Accounts-in-Suspend/td-p/8...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin#.

@griffy1972   

PM has acknowledged there was an issue with Autopay last night and it could affect your service.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-Issue-Accounts-in-Suspend/td-p/8...

You can try to wait and see or you can try to manually top up and reactivate the plan.  If you choose to manually pay, please use the option "Other (Enter the desired payment amount)" instead of "Amount Due" as that usually work better

Once paid, logoff from My Account and Reboot your phone

Syee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there. I managed to get a ticket and help to resolve this. My account is working and the auto pay is also reset now. 

But I wanted to let you know that when I selected 'manage my credit card' on my profile, I noticed that it had my old (expired) credit card # populated in the field and not my current autopay credit card info. After I reset this it seem to have saved the latest info. Thought you should know. 🙂

griffy1972
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Today I noticed I am unable to send or receive texts. I logged on to my account and see the notice "Plan Expired". I'm on autopay and am usually billed every month without problem paid by cc. Just checked again now and the plan expired message is gone but service is still not working properly?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

There is at least one customer who had their account suspended after paying and reactivating yesterday as well so it appears this issue started yesterday.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin#.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM    Thanks for the update on this important new issue, but shouldn't this thread be pinned in Announcements?  Otherwise before long it's going to get buried by all the new threads complaining about this particular issue.  

adriansdad10

unacceptable

WE NEED OUR PHONES TO WORK

restitution????

Lilly

Well good luck to you my friend!  Hope you get your issue resolved soon.  This type of problem should definitely not be happening to loyal paying customers and hopefully Public Mobile doesn't let this type of problem happen again.

@WhitbyCurling   There was an issue with Autopay last night/this morning, PM support is working to resolve the issue 

WhitbyCurling

Thank you! I did those things and my phone still isn't working - speaking with someone about it now.

This case would not appear to be an autopay problem (I initially misinterpreted). The account stopping after 30 minutes might be related but might not.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zpfeizi 

Public Mobile just posted an update.

Hey Community, 

We’re currently having some issues with our Monthly Renewal Charge and Auto Top-Ups, causing some customer accounts to mistakenly go into suspend. Our team is working on a fix, all services for impacted accounts are expected to be reinstated by 4pm EST. Check back for more updates. We’ll also update this post when the issue is resolved.

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team

BeachNBeer

@vivifab 

Hey Community, 

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team

It's good to know what's going on.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

April Fools?...sorry, that's not funny.

BeachNBeer

@rautzu 

Hey Community, 

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team

BeachNBeer

@Garrisonogrady 

Hey Community, 

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team

Thank you for sharing your experience. Our teams have identified an issue that's impacted some customer accounts. We're working promptly on a fix to restore services. We apologize for any inconvenience. There will be a post on Community once the issue is resolved. Thank you!  

@Garrisonogrady 

Did you add your voucher via self serve or 611?

Yes, PM confirmed that there was issue with today's Autopay :

System Issue: Accounts in Suspend - Community (publicmobile.ca)

I'm sorry to waste your time. I completely missed the points of your story.

Try going into plan & add-ons then lost/stolen and suspend the account. Log out and back in to the same place and resume. Restart phone.

If you have rewards then they will impacted at your next renewal.

Also check devicecheck.ca just in case something else happened.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks @J_PM .  Yes, we have higher than usual posts about Autopay failure.  Hope this get resolved soon.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rautzu    Yep, autopay should never fail, even occasionally, and none of us understand why PM Tech. Dept. hasn't managed to make this foolproof yet. 

My renewal is coming up soon and so I'm hoping this new "glitch" will be resolved by then as I don't believe you should have to add funds ahead of time to ensure a working service as that makes autopay system pointless.  I will say so far 3+ years for a couple of family accounts haven't had any autopay failures, but can certainly understand the frustration for those who have.

Garrisonogrady

I don't use autopay. My account balance was $73 and my plan renew cost was $50 when I put the voucher in. Now my account balance is $32 and I have no plan.

Lilly

Yes, service is back working after doing a manual payment.  I now have $40 in my account for "available funds" so hoping that will be used for next months payment?   Hope this doesn't happen again or I will be quick to change providers.

NanceDee

Thank you for letting us know! 😊

Did you use the amount due option or the other option in payment type? What is your plan? What is your balance?

Lilly

I made a manual payment as other messages stated to do and then shut my phone off and rebooted.  My service was then working again.

It looks like PM has Major issue with autopay and accounts today. You will find many topics started with the same issue.

Since you bought voucher and loaded it but your service failed after short period of time, I would suggest to contact agent for assistance as you did everything right.

You can try common remedies: reboot, pull SIM out/in, reset network.

Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

Garrisonogrady
Need Help? Let's chat.