cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Select customers missing Rewards upon plan renewal

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This issue is now resolved as of Oct 25, 2019.

11:00 AM ET - Oct 24, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified an issue affecting select customers who renewed their service on Oct 23 & 24, in which customers did not have their Rewards applied to their payment. Data services, SMS, and calling are unaffected by this issue.

Rest assured that if you have been impacted by this issue, there is no need to create a ticket at this point in time. Our technical team has identified all impacted customers, and will be applying the missing Rewards as an account credit as well as providing a confirmation SMS by end of day. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

65 REPLIES 65

maxshi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did NOT miss my autopay payment for last renewal. The autopay payment was made on Oct. 28 which is the date for the autopay renew.

@maxshi wrote:

My account was impacted on Oct 28, 2019 where the Rewards was applied to my auto payment which was made Oct. 28, 2019. Waiting for the missing Rewards to be creditted in my account. Thanks!

@maxshi 

If you are missing your autopay payment credit ($2) for last renewal, then you will need to contact moderator. According to PM, this issue was resolved several days ago.

Click on question mark on right lower corner of website.  Chat with Simon about your issue and start the ticketing process to get moderator help.  

maxshi

Correction.

My account was impacted on Oct 28, 2019 where the Rewards was NOT applied to my auto payment which was made Oct. 28, 2019. Waiting for the missing Rewards to be creditted in my account. Thanks!

maxshi

My account was impacted on Oct 28, 2019 where the Rewards was applied to my auto payment which was made Oct. 28, 2019. Waiting for the missing Rewards to be creditted in my account. Thanks!

@Behzad wrote:

Yesterday, I sent my friend to stores at St. Vital, Winnipeg. I talked to her very much and promote Public Mobile to her. She went there in order to buy a public mobile service.

1- No one helped her (wow mobile and other retailers) just somebody at Walmart tried to activate her plan.

2- The guy at Walmart tried two different sim cards and he failed to activate. So my friend lost your free sim card plan as well as a free 1-month plan for plans higher than 25$/month.

It is worth mentioning that due to the fact that she is currently using her own number, she doesn't want to change her number. As well as her, I lost my 1 dollor refer friend reward although I put a sizeable amount of time to persuade her to join Public Mobile.

She was told Public Mobile does not have appropriate support service; thus, we cannot help you to register. You have to change your number.  Even though, they couldn't activate sim cards.  

@Behzad  To tell you the truth I'm not surprised by the service from Wal-Mart but little by Wow....

• It can be difficult to be wowed by lot of larger retailers lack of knowledge and service especially  when it comes to public mobile. There's a lot of self serve involvement required to have a cheap mobile plan and thats before you activate as well as after. Not to say you didn't put a lot of effort into referring your friend but there's a lot of hand holding involved during activation even in store.  Out of the 10 referrals rewards I have I've been directly involved in 8 of them . Either doing the online activation for them or accompanying to the retailer to oversee the process so referral or promo codes aren't missed or misinformation spread. The other 2 were visitors to Canada that I just piped up while waiting for a SIM card refund (price matching!) That public mobile was the best short term provider and they went with it. But of course l probably lose their rewards this month as they were only here for a month. Unless your referrals are younger and more tech savvy then you have to be just as knowledgeable   the community in a way. At least when it comes to picking plans and activating SIM cards  as well as knowing the conditions of any promos, bonuses and flash sales. My friend was too tired by Sunday evening to go activate in store after hosting a kids birthday party so I got out of comfy loungeware, hopped on my bike, rode to London drugs after calling to make sure they were offering the free SIM as well and activated the SIM card . Then tonight after having the bf deliver it I ported in the phone number for it. So it takes effort to bring them in.

@Linda123 wrote:

I have issues on my account, but my renewal date is not on Oct 23, 24.  Should I contact moderator?  Thanks a lot!

I think You should

The bug was reported resolved so it shouldn't have happened and there is no ongoing effort to monitor and correct the accounts that are in process of renewal

Linda123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have issues on my account, but my renewal date is not on Oct 23, 24.  Should I contact moderator?  Thanks a lot!

Behzad

Yesterday, I sent my friend to stores at St. Vital, Winnipeg. I talked to her very much and promote Public Mobile to her. She went there in order to buy a public mobile service.

1- No one helped her (wow mobile and other retailers) just somebody at Walmart tried to activate her plan.

2- The guy at Walmart tried two different sim cards and he failed to activate. So my friend lost your free sim card plan as well as a free 1-month plan for plans higher than 25$/month.

It is worth mentioning that due to the fact that she is currently using her own number, she doesn't want to change her number. As well as her, I lost my 1 dollor refer friend reward although I put a sizeable amount of time to persuade her to join Public Mobile.

She was told Public Mobile does not have appropriate support service; thus, we cannot help you to register. You have to change your number.  Even though, they couldn't activate sim cards.  

@fairchse  Agreed I don't miss those. The community quickly identified the  issue was more widespread than initially thought and flagged pm so they could resolve it and apply the rewards en masse rather than tying up the moderators dealing with each affected user individually. Great job @Alan_K !

@fairchse wrote:

Thank you At least when an issue arises it is addressed quickly without those long telephone waits 

fairchse

Thank you for being honest !!!

fairchse

Thank you At least when an issue arises it is addressed quickly without those long telephone waits 

Daps

Hi, there might still be a problem.

My plan renewed earlier today (Oct 25 2019), but I did not receive my $2 AutoPay Reward credit. Instead Automatic Top-Up of $2 + taxes was charged to my credit card.

I will notify the Moderator_team with a private message as the ticket process does not seem to be offered as an option for me.

Alan_K

@cowbow_wow wrote:

Hi Alan,

I have been on autopay for years and years and had no problem. I always have enought funds on my card but this time the autopay didn't work, so I just manually paid by clicking 'reactivate current plan'. The account still shows as 'expired' after I paid and also I noticed that my royalty reward is $9.00 but you guys credit me only $6.00. Can you also help fixing this issue? I don't want my account to get deactivated because of the system glitch. Thanks.

@cowbow_wow , thank you for being with us for so long! Someone from the Mod team will be reaching out to you soon so hang in there. Apologies for any inconvenience.

cowbow_wow

Hi Alan,

I have been on autopay for years and years and had no problem. I always have enought funds on my card but this time the autopay didn't work, so I just manually paid by clicking 'reactivate current plan'. The account still shows as 'expired' after I paid and also I noticed that my royalty reward is $9.00 but you guys credit me only $6.00. Can you also help fixing this issue? I don't want my account to get deactivated because of the system glitch. Thanks.

@CalgaryBen yup my rewards were put in too but the plan hasn't renewed yet but the phone still works so that's good. Like you said everythings probably a bit behind but will work out! 

CalgaryBen

@GR wrote:

one of my accounts was supposed to renew last night, I just checked it and the rewards weren't applied and the autopay didn't apply the funds either. It says plan expired but the account still works for now.  

Ditto, but I think this was likely due to system maintenance (server refresh/migration) that occurred overnight.  It looks like things are running behind but eventually catching up (as of this writing, I see rewards were just applied in the last hour or so, and I'm waiting to see plan renewal and then SMS notifications later).

If everything is working, I'd just hang tight and let the system catch up on pending jobs!

@cavemantoronto wrote:

I think Public should do something for the customer like $10 goodwill on top to affected customers. Some might have lost service if they don't use autopay or had to top up again.

Good point.  Personally I have never had a service disruption before.  If I did and it was clearly not my fault, I would at least seek service credits. 

@mh1983 wrote:

Appreciate the update. Just a nitpick: where so many community users reported this issue, it's a bit alienating when you guys say "We identified an issue". Why not something that acknowledges that it was reported in the community so that we feel vindicated? Like "We acknowledge the issue that was reported in our community and are investigating..." These little things make a difference to customers.

Yeah, the wording isn't the best.  That said, it is always customers that identify problems like this as they are the ones affected.  Maybe the wording should be "we have identified the cause of an issue... and are apply corrective actions"

Loree

Good morning I check last night and everything for me is fine and it's working. Thank you for fix ing the issue and give solution to the situation I had yesterday with my account and the rewards issue. I hope if others are still going through the same problem I had yesterday with my rewards, have a speedy solution to their cases too.

Have a lovely day 

@Alan_K one of my accounts was supposed to renew last night, I just checked it and the rewards weren't applied and the autopay didn't apply the funds either. It says plan expired but the account still works for now.  

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

I think Public should do something for the customer like $10 goodwill on top to affected customers. Some might have lost service if they don't use autopay or had to top up again.

tknguyen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anyone else's credit from this issue not match up with their rewards? 

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wonder of it was the same issue that hit people renewing in September. My reward/data issue was sorted out then but it sounds like it was only partially fixed overall and is recurring?

Tomciopalec

Hi,

Good to hear that it was not just me.

On my payment history I see credits applied as usual but my credit card was charged full amount for my plan.

Looking forward to the fix.

Thanks

mh1983

Appreciate the update. Just a nitpick: where so many community users reported this issue, it's a bit alienating when you guys say "We identified an issue". Why not something that acknowledges that it was reported in the community so that we feel vindicated? Like "We acknowledge the issue that was reported in our community and are investigating..." These little things make a difference to customers.

CalgaryBen

Looks good.  Credits received on affected account, with these messages received:PM-RewardFix.png

Interestingly, part 1/2 came in at 11:51am, and part 2/2 arrived at 12:12.  Seems they were batching the 2 parts separately!  Also interesting that first message had apostrophes replaced by ? (unicode?) while they were correct in second message (yes, I notice these things!).

"Rewards" section of self-serve account still shows an error banner, but I won't sweat it as there doesn't seem to be any impact at this time.  May or may not be related.

Loree

I really appreciate your help Alan for keeping us update, but for me is been to many bad experiences, I can pay without seeying my bill because in my page I can't see some info, I do not want to pay in advance because I've been with so many issues with PM, for instance one time I refered a friend I never had any rewards and is not the first thing sadly for me, but Thank you for your kindness. 

Loree

Thank you we will waiting because I not even have access to see any info about payments in my account.Thank you for your help.

@Loree  If your phone is without service and you want service restored asap, you can pay the amount due.

If your rewards have not yet been credited, they are coming. You will just have double rewards applied before your next payment is due.

@LarissaDDT  you are having a separate issue. If you would like the community users to take a look, you can create a new post/thread with some details (but do not post any personal info).

As per original announcement, "Data services, SMS, and calling are unaffected by this issue."

LarissaDDT

Hi

i have no data or SMS service right now. Does this mean I'm affected by this fix? And if so when can I expect to be up and running? 
thanks 

L

Need Help? Let's chat.