Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Issues Updating Credit Cards

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community,

We’re aware of an issue impacting some customers which is preventing them from updating their credit card details in My Account. Our team is actively investigating the issue. 

If you are experiencing this issue please submit a ticket to our Customer Support Agents here or by messaging CS_Agent. 

We will provide more updates as we have them. 

-- Update as of December 3, 5:23pm ET --

This issue is still ongoing. In the meantime, if you need to update your payment information please follow these details: 

• Aviod updating your credit/debit card unless necessary (i.e. your renewal date is upcoming and card is expired)
  • If possible, top up with a voucher. Vouchers can be purchased at various retail locations or online via third-party sites (note that some sites may charge additional fees)
  • If you cannot use a voucher, please reach out to a Customer Support Agent here or by messaging CS_Agent for assistance

-- Update as of December 3, 7:33pm ET --

This issue has been resolved and payments & card updates should no longer be imapcted. If you are still experiencing issues with your card please note these details:

• Log out of your account and relog in before updating your card
  • If you attempted to update the same card multiple times please try again tomorrow or today with a different card as there is a daily limit on update attempts for security purposes. 
  • Make sure that your credit card postal code matches your phone number's area code
  • As always, please be sure that you are inputting the correct card details

Thanks, 

The Public Mobile Team

69 REPLIES 69

Kreemer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am getting a "Forbidden A1" error trying to log into myaccount ...

Tanita18

not for me, still not working to update 

Mohand_2024
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bonjour

est ce que vous avez réessayé maintenant, car le problème est resolu

Mohand_2024

Très content de trouver la solution a ce problème, cela affecte bcp de monde

Merci 

Mohand_2024

Si vous rencontrez ce problème, veuillez soumettre un ticket à nos agents du support client ici ou en envoyant un message à CS_Agent. 

Mohand_2024

Bonjour

j'ai exactement le même problème que toi, je l'ai résolu de cette manière, même si tu reçois le message *ton compte est désactivé, veuillez réessayer ultérieurement* clique sur réinitialiser le mot de passe, et tu suis le processus, et tu va pouvoir donner un autre mot de pass et finalement rentrer dans ton compte, j'espère que cela va t'aider a résoudre ton problème. 

Mohand_2024

Bonjour

de mon coté sa marche bien, j'ai réinitialiser mon mot de pass, j'ai actualisé mes informations de paiement, et sauvegarder.

Bigasabear

Could not update payment info!

Esskp

it’s working fine for me

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This Credit Card issue is still very consistent.

I can still barley get it to work 90% of the time.

montem

Most likely there is a bug in their system which somehow blocks you from uploading your banking info. Is there any way to contact Public mobile? They should have hired some software developers to do maintenance, who would be able to find the cause.

jfjv9sdf

Like someone else mentioned, I too am having trouble updating my credit card due to an "invalid postal code" error for a US zipcode, despite the instructions stating "We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), and debit cards (Visa, MasterCard), provided they have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S". It would be impossible to "Make sure that your credit card postal code matches your phone number's area code" in the case of an American address. I've tried submitting a ticket to a CS agent but have been punted around to a new agent every day for the past 3 days now, who reply with various suggestions that don't work despite my suggestion that they forward the ticket to an IT department to have what is clearly a bug in their postal code validation fixed (bug being that they forgot to account for the 5 digit US zipcode format). I haven't had issues with updating to American credit cards in the past.

willy-1992
  • "Make sure that your credit card postal code matches your phone number's area code"?
  • What if my credit card is issued to a different postal code? For example, I used to live in Toronto, but now live in Vancouver, but still keep my Toronto number?
  • The payment page states that USA credit cards are also accepted. USA postal codes are 5 digit numbers. Canadian postal codes are 6 digit alpha numeric. If I try to enter 5 or 6 digit numbers, the submit button remains grey, and I get an "invalid postal code" message.
  • My previous credit card just expired. So I need to input new credit card information immediately!
  • What should I do?

HI @Mosnau 

I would help you if I can, but we are just customers here.  This is something CS agent can help

please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Mosnau

Garbage. Issue remains unresolved. Fix website or refund my money immediately. Fed up with these bogus posts. Unable to update banking information as of 2:55pm 6 December 2023.Unacceptable situation.

Lute

All good to go now.  Gaby got back to me quickly and she removed my old credit card.  I put in a new one and it allowed me to renew my subscription.  Thank you very much Gaby. I have revised very far upward my evaluation of Public Mobil now that I know that good folks like Gaby will be on the case quickly.  I am more than just satisfied with the customer service I received.  Gracias, muchos gracias   Lute

Lute

I have been trying over and over and over again for the past 3 days to pay for my subscription which is already on automatic payment from my bank.  Terrible customer service (read no customer service).  I always recieve the same message that I cannot do this at this time and that my service is suspended unitl I am able to do ti at some unspecified time in the future.  These dudes are very lucky they are so much cheaper than other companies or I would leave in a nanosecond.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just saw this post and it finally explains alot of issues I've been having updating Cards on Accounts the last couple days, it's very rarely worked. 

This is very much so still ongoing and has not been resolved, as I've still been experiencing this issue all day long today still.

@J_PM 

BeejNasty

Still unable to update my card

Tanita18

hi, still not working for me and I followed all the tips 

montem

Why did people upload their credit card to their account? There is always a risk of security breach. Of course it would be considered if Public Mobile gave an incentive for uploading credit cards.

BeejNasty

Oh I get what your saying, it makes absolutely no sense, it also makes no sense why I can't update my credit card so I thought there may have been something to it.

@BeejNasty wrote:
  • If you attempted to update the same card multiple times please try again tomorrow or today with a different card as there is a daily limit on update attempts for security purposes. 
  • Make sure that your credit card postal code matches your phone number's area code

A phone nubmer doesn't even have a postal code associated with it.  As I said earlier, there's no link between the two.  Someone can have a phone nubmer from any of the cities available to Public Mobile.  It makes no difference when it comes to the postal code used for credit card payments as that postal code only needs to match the postal code asssociated with that credit card's billing address.

BeejNasty

@BeejNasty wrote:

Why do my  # area code and  CC postal code need to match? I no longer live in the same area where I got my phone number...

There's no link between your phone number's area code and the psotal code being used for payment.  The postal code provided in the payment area only needs to match the postal code that is linked to the credit card.

BeejNasty

Why do my  # area code and  CC postal code need to match? I no longer live in the same area where I got my phone number...

Thank you for flagging - I am taking back to the team. 

Kelly29

Still doing the same thing 

mitesh

still not working for me!!

Kelly29

It’s not resolved on my end still not processing my payment 

Need Help? Let's chat.