Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Systems Outage - Update: Clear Cookies/Cache

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

New Update:

We are pleased to report the Systems Outage issue has been resolved. We thank you for your patience and support as we worked to get our site page up and running.

Please Note: After multiple tests we can confirm the platform is stable. If you are still having issues, this may be due to caching and cookie blocks. Please try the following:

1. Restart your browser 

2. Clear Cache/Cookies 

3. Login into My Account

Thank you for your understanding,

- Public Mobile Team 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Community, 

We heard your feedback and understand some customers are still experiencing issues. Our technical teams continue to work on resolving the problems.  

Thank you for continuing to share your experiences in our Community. We will continue to update this thread as more information becomes available.

Please be aware of the following impacts:

Some pages are down on publicmobile.ca. This includes:

• My Account & Rewards
  • Account changes via SIMon

Existing Customers: limited account management including, check account usage and balance, make payments with a registered card, manage pre-authorized payments, and paying with a voucher  via IVR by dialing 611 on your phone.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

- The Public Mobile Team

219 REPLIES 219

kwintestal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@darlicious Yes, it does say that. I don't even remember getting that text... I relied on My Account, which looked to be pretty clear to me and I'm usually pretty good with that type of thing. Second time today I've heard that it's well known to be confusing. It would be nice if PM took that feedback and acted on it. They rejected my port-out (I'm moving to Mexico in 2 weeks) as a result of the 'confusion', which came with a $25 penalty from the other company. So, the 'confusion' is resulting in an extra $15 payment to Public Mobile, and an additional $25 to Fonego for both my wife and I. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kwintestal 

Unfortunately, the dates in self serve are not exactly clear.....and pm has been made aware of this issue. Your transaction history shows you last renewal payment which is Day 1 of your 30 day cycle. My renewal occurred today. Check your text messages from 611 on your phone. Does your text warning of your upcoming renewal have the date of November 3rd?

Screenshot_20221103-141446_Messages.jpg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kwintestal 

Do both your wife and you have renewals on the same day with the same payment card? Do you also have the same plan? This can cause one or both autopayments to fail as it can appear to the card issuer as an error or fraudulent. Since autopay will only attempt one plan payment charge you suffer an autopay failure and account suspension. If possible stagger payment by paying and reactivating one account today and one after midnight eastern tonight.

There are no sign up alerts other than promotions.

kwintestal

@darlicious I was logged into my account last night, on November 2, and it showed me the dates Oct 4 - Nov 3. So I understand, you're telling me that because October had 31 days, my plan end date was actually Nov 2, and that should have been evident to me from looking at my account and seeing the dates Oct 4 - Nov 3? 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Bought a voucher at RCSS, called the toll free, bam. (no delay)

Went to a Mobil station, paid, bam.

Called the toll free, full balance.

I can attest that these two other methods work when the system is inaccessible.

@kwintestal 

Plan changes cannot be made via 611. Public mobile plans are 30 days. October had 31 days so your renewal was last night so your account was suspended for non payment. Pm actually gives you a minimum 6 hours of grace time to top up your account before suspension and today you were actually given 12 hours before suspension occurred. Luckily for you having miscalculated your renewal you can still contact customer support to change your plan for you to the $15 plan and arrange payment.

lockup

Send a direct message to CS_Agent for help using the following link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@katrinamaxwell 

What us the issue when trying to top up via 611 with the payment card on file? Does your husband know his 4 digit account PIN #? Only the card on file can be used. Only 2 attempts can be made to top up the account. (With either/or card or voucher.) You must wait one full hour before trying again. If autopay failed there is likely an issue with the card on file that is continuing to deny payment like the expiry date. If the next 2 attempts fail I suggest purchasing a voucher or contacting customer support. Info and links can be found in this post.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

ec5

my husband's public mobile account (cell phone number not working) has been suspended even though he is on autopay. he can't reach even login to his account to try to manage this. what can he do? is there someone he can call or email? 

lockup

No. With Public Mobile it's cheaper since they don't have to pay for live support representatives.

Send a direct message to CS_Agent for help using the following link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kwintestal

Is there anything I should be signing up for to be alerted about? Both my wife and I - no phone service and no idea when we can get access into our account to get it back. 

IVR account management details added 😉

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Your welcome. Feel free to copy and paste these points to your post for easy reference since my post can get lost in the thread.

@darlicious Thank you for sharing these helpful points. IVR will be a useful alternative for customers with registered credit cards and or vouchers. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

😀

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Thanks for communicating these system issues in a timely manner keeping customers informed keeps the frustration level to a minimum. However unless there's been some changes within the 611/IVR system's menu it's important to note what cannot be done by calling 611 or 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering your 10 digit phone #.

• While most add ons are available for purchase the $5/500min Canada wide talk booster is not.
  • Plan changes either immediate or scheduled cannot be made nor can a scheduled plan change be canceled.
  • Payment cards cannot be updated, replaced, added or removed (cards can only be removed by customer support period). Autopay can be enabled or disabled via 611.
  • Changing your password, 4 digit account pin #, Sim card (swaps) and self serve account email (always requires customer support) cannot be done via 611.
  • Other than hearing your basic account details and adding a pm payment voucher all other account functions thru the 611/IVR system require your 4 digit account PIN # including payment card top ups.
  • Password resets cannot be performed (not that would help with the current system outage).

For customers needing to make a payment who do not know their 4 digit account PIN # and need to make a payment please refer to this post for your payment alternatives.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

There are impacts to activation portal. We encourage soon to be customers, who are looking want activate, to submit their email here and we'll reach out when we're up and running again. 

- Thank you

Gene2u

Thank you for recommending *611 under a different context @softech!  Helped me to ensure that my plan was properly renewed and paid for 

jlauhn504

Hi. I dialed *611, it says that my service has been temporarily suspended. After navigating through the menu, I tried to pay with my registered credit card, but the system is unable to process the payment. 

Is the voucher option currently working for others?

Thank you 

@katrinamaxwell   Yes, calling 611 to pay with a registered CC requires you to enter your 4 digit PIN as a safeguard.  However, entering a voucher PIN doesn't need a PIN, just the voucher PIN is required.

@mpol123 apologies for the inconvenience, please contact our CSA team directly via Private Message by sending a message to @CS_Agent.y

- Thank you

@kwintestal apologies for the inconvenience, please contact our CSA team directly via Private Message by sending a message to @CS_Agent.

- Thank you 

@jlauhn504   you  have no service now?  If you call *611, does it say account suspended?

If you know your  4 digits pin, you can pay manuallly using *611.  But if not, then you will either have to wait till My Account is back or buy voucher and load manually

jlauhn504

Hi. I have automatic payment turned on, my renewal is just today; but my service has been disabled. Please reactivate my service. 

Thank you 

kwintestal

@J_PM I just called the IVR. Cannot change from $35 account to $15 account. Please advise - my service was disconnected at NOON today, even though my service plan was through to November 3. Crazy that you cut off mid-day, not at 11:59pm. Rips me off by half a day of service. I've been trying to add money since 10:30am and sites down, but of course you cut me off at NOON anyway. 

katrinamaxwell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Calling 611 is not allowing a top up with a registered credit card. My husband's account was not automatically topped up today. He has tried multiple times and has been without his phone all day today

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mpol123 

Here's a list of tried and true retailers to purchase vouchers from along with other alternative forms of payment that you may find helpful.

Gene2u

Yep, totally thought it was just me since I just upgraded from the $25 plan to a $40 promo and the site happened to go down on my renewal day

@mpol123   If you need to make a payment urgently, then the only option is to purchase a voucher from places like SDM, London Drugs, 7/11 or Shell and load it by dialing 611 on your phone and no PIN is required.  There's also recharge.com who charge a fee for emailing the voucher PIN.

daniel027
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, that I don’t know. I’ve been a PM user for a few years and this is the first time I’ve needed support. I had my PIN recorded in my password manager. Sorry I can’t help you. 

Need Help? Let's chat.