Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Systems Outage - Update: Clear Cookies/Cache

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

New Update:

We are pleased to report the Systems Outage issue has been resolved. We thank you for your patience and support as we worked to get our site page up and running.

Please Note: After multiple tests we can confirm the platform is stable. If you are still having issues, this may be due to caching and cookie blocks. Please try the following:

1. Restart your browser 

2. Clear Cache/Cookies 

3. Login into My Account

Thank you for your understanding,

- Public Mobile Team 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Community, 

We heard your feedback and understand some customers are still experiencing issues. Our technical teams continue to work on resolving the problems.  

Thank you for continuing to share your experiences in our Community. We will continue to update this thread as more information becomes available.

Please be aware of the following impacts:

Some pages are down on publicmobile.ca. This includes:

• My Account & Rewards
  • Account changes via SIMon

Existing Customers: limited account management including, check account usage and balance, make payments with a registered card, manage pre-authorized payments, and paying with a voucher  via IVR by dialing 611 on your phone.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

- The Public Mobile Team

219 REPLIES 219

@cinna wrote:

Oh, I wanted to try activating my new SIM card now that the page is back up, but I can't complete the form without selecting a province and there are no options available to select in the drop-down menu. Typing my province doesn't work either.

@cinna   try with Incognito mode or try using another browser

if you are using cell phone , try on desktop 

ec5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

that's a great suggestion. Public mobile should tell all customers to do this then - a message when you sign up. Public mobile needs a way to send messages to customers or put a message on their website (no login required) with specific steps on how to access your account when locked out and your phone has been shut off. 

cinna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Oh, I wanted to try activating my new SIM card now that the page is back up, but I can't complete the form without selecting a province and there are no options available to select in the drop-down menu. Typing my province doesn't work either.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

How about "warning, new enhanced my account has already crapped out several times"? 😂

Should have left well enough alone it seems

@SierraBrand01 

@ec5 

the workarounds for payment failures are to always have money loaded onto your account and not to rely on autopay. payment issues have always been a problem here... whenever your account renews that is your signal to load your account with more money. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dust2dust   good idea..

but this art work would take another 12 hours to implement.

So, the original ETA for My Account was 24 hours, now becomes 36 hours... 

SierraBrand01

I’m soo mad and livid right now the customer agent was helping me just stopped and my phone is still not active despite providing a diff card and info but wait they stopped responding after they used wrong address with the new card so they gave up without awaiting my reply like he said he was 

ec5

what do you mean you will extend payment date until Nov. 4? You cut off my husband's phone as of this morning DESPITE the fact he is set up for automatic monthly payment from an active credit card with an expiry date well into the future. He had to buy a voucher and I had to chat with a customer service agent for HOURS today to get this sorted. Public mobile needs to do better. Have clear instructions on your website for how people can deal with their phone being shut down (buy voucher at XYZ website and apply by texting xyz number) AND having your site down at the same time. Plus why not send an email to everyone? you have our email addresses. 

SierraBrand01

Would be nice if you actually honoured this as I’ve been on with CS Agent for over 2 hours and nothings been rectified you are a joke 

@tbone9 wrote:

Any updates on the outage?

@tbone9   no news is bad news in this case.  Still cannot login.  I hope they can fix it by tomorrow morning  

tbone9

Any updates on the outage?

kateyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

honesty i never like public mobile wesite, it is super slow to log in....

ec5

yes but you need your PIN and for some reason my husband's PIN didn't work AND we can't log in as the website isn't working

ec5

update: my husband drove to shoppers drug mart (we're in BC) and bought a voucher. i gave the PIN to the customer service person via private chat who then applied it towards my husband's account and now his cell phone works again. This took me 5 hours to sort out! The website is still down so we can't figure out if his prepayment is going to work again. This has been a nightmare public mobile!!

Bilnok

Thank you for the update 👍

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@espresso 

So go buy one at a retailer or online.....careful the online surcharge can be pricey and voucher pin #'s are not sent immediately after purchase. Where are you located? I can help you find a local retailer selling vouchers.

Edit: oops....sorry I forgot you were in the US. Even if you have a voucher you need your 4 digit account pin # to purchase Add ons....if you know your account pin # then you can also use your credit card on file for the purchase.

espresso

The original post says voucher only via 611, and I don't have a voucher.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ec5 

Pm vouchers added via 611 automatically reactivate the account and service as long as they equal or exceed the plan amount. Read this post....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@espresso 

If you know your 4 digit account pin # you can add US Roaming via 611. You may also want to read this post as well.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

ec5

my question also! My husband has not had access to his phone all day and can't login to do anything. I have been chatting with a customer service person who can't seem to do anything either. They've asked me to buy an online voucher but how can i ensure this is applied against my husband's account when he can't login? 

espresso

Omg.... I just arrived in the US and was trying to add a roaming add-on and was wondering why I couldn't log in. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

JDI

The PIN does not work either ... there is a serious issue here and Public Mobile is not responding. Impossible to get any customer service.

JDI

When will this issue be resolved? It has caused havoc all day.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kathrynboland 

You can check your data usage via 611.

@kathrynboland   should be unrelated.  

You sure you still have enough data and not running out of data?  

Try to reboot your phone, better to even reseat your sim card (power off, take sim out for a minute before putting it back in)

Or if possible , try your PM sim card in another phone

If all fails, open ticket with PM by direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

kathrynboland

I am having issues with my data connection and can't login...are these related?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@snowmobile 

This post will help you....if anything read the spoiler that gives advice on how to submit an efficient private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/m-p/...

@snowmobile wrote:

@CS_Agent

Where can we send the private message ?

I don't find this options.

Thank you

@snowmobile   message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

snowmobile

@CS_Agent

Where can we send the private message ?

I don't find this options.

Thank you

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kwintestal 

I'm curious....are you an older pm customer on the rewards program? Is this a permanent move to Mexico (envious!!😀)? Assuming a typo are you attempting to port to Fongo? I wasn't aware they charged a failed port fee?

Need Help? Let's chat.