cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

19:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

Earlier today we identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls were unable to be placed. Inbound calling, texting and data services remained unaffected.

Our technical teams are implementing a solution which will restore outbound calling service to normal by early morning of March 20. No action is required on your behalf.

However, in the meantime, we have added a complimentary 400 minutes Long Distance Talk Add-On (includes calls to Canada & the U.S) for our affected customers, which you can use immediately and will allow you to make outbound calls. This Add-On will not expire as any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

We understand that your service and staying connected is important and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

523 REPLIES 523

Alan_K

@kav2001c wrote:

@Alan_K 

Did we need to message the mods to have the add-on added?

The LD Add-On should have been automatically applied yesterday afternoon to allow you to make calls until the fix could be applied overnight. Today, the issue should be gone but any unused minutes of the LD add-on are yours to keep as it doesn't expire.

ApatheticFloW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ernspo When did you pm a mod?

I assume the only reason its taking so long is because of all the mess they have to clean up and all the threads and pm's they need to answer means that they will get to your question shortly. I can't talk for them but in general things get resolved fairly quickly.

In the mean time try the lost/stolen phone trick to see if that works.

ernspo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you.   i will give it shot.  

Metal1967

@ernspo 

In selfeserve find the lost stolen tab..click lost...wait 10 min...click found..then power up...works in lots of cases

ernspo

Yes, my account is active in self-service.  What is the lost/stolen trick?

@Metal1967 wrote:

@ernspo wrote:

My phone still doesn't work.  I cannot receive or make calls.  I PM'd the moderators and no reply yet.  How is it that there is no standard turnaround time for a reply or at least an acknowledgement that they have received the message.

@ernspo 

In selfserve is your account active?..did you try the lost/stolen trick?

Metal1967

@ernspo wrote:

My phone still doesn't work.  I cannot receive or make calls.  I PM'd the moderators and no reply yet.  How is it that there is no standard turnaround time for a reply or at least an acknowledgement that they have received the message.

@ernspo 

In selfserve is your account active?..did you try the lost/stolen trick?

ernspo

@ApatheticFloW  a écrit :

Ya ur right Lieux, that's what I'll do. I assume I only got 200 because I received it before they decided to give everyone 400 min. I got it via pm I got from a mod. Just to let the mods know that I'm happy regardless, but it's the principle at this point. If I get an extra 200 min then great if not then it's no big deal I just thought I'd mention it.

Nice attitude!Smiley Happy

ApatheticFloW

Ya ur right Lieux, that's what I'll do. I assume I only got 200 because I received it before they decided to give everyone 400 min. I got it via pm I got from a mod. Just to let the mods know that I'm happy regardless, but it's the principle at this point. If I get an extra 200 min then great if not then it's no big deal I just thought I'd mention it.

@kabloui  a écrit :

I was kinda worried and annoyed by this matter. Got no answer from the moderator team but now I understand that I was not the only one with that bug, and they might got flodded with the same question.

I just tested a minute ago, works fine now
Thank you

With or Without the 400 minutes??

@ApatheticFloW  a écrit :

I also dknt think it's fair that some of us , including me, got 200 min long distance add-on and according to alan_k latest update customers who were affected received 400 min long distance add-on.

Why r some getting 400 and other like me 200. Dont get me wrong I'm happy with how u guys handled it, but there's a big difference between 200 and 400 min.

Can alan_k or so other mod reply to my comment please. 

If you want an answer for your question it's easier to write a private message to the moderator than name or tag them...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and I don't know why you just received 200 minutes instead 400...The announcement was clear...??

kabloui

I was kinda worried and annoyed by this matter. Got no answer from the moderator team but now I understand that I was not the only one with that bug, and they might got flodded with the same question.

I just tested a minute ago, works fine now
Thank you

ApatheticFloW

I also dont't think it's fair that some of us , including me, got 200 min long distance add-on and according to alan_k latest update customers who were affected received 400 min long distance add-on.

Why r some getting 400 and others like me only 200. Dont get me wrong, i'm satisfied with how u guys handled it, but there's a big difference between 200 and 400 min.

Can alan_k or some other mod reply to my comment please. 

smp99

I am in Quebec now. I did not get the add on. I am on a prov plan. I could not call Quebec numbers yesterday but today I can so I think the issue is fixed. 

tuborini

And then give us a refund for being unable to use the service we paid for.

tuborini

Service was not restored by monday morning, we've been without it for more than 3  days,

we would like the a refund for the month where we could not use the service we've paid for, we don't need long distance minutes, we have free call apps to call around the world for free. Thank you for your understanding.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K 

Did we need to message the mods to have the add-on added?

@Alex888 wrote:

@Luddite  Alan_K posted an announcment saying it was resolved have you heard otherwise? The post is here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/RESOLVED-Select-customers-on-Province-w...

Being resolved by a workaround.  I wonder if maybe not everyone got the add-on minutes in their account yet.  

Zeker

Yes, we live in Quebec and just now, she still can't make calls. And I see from other posts that this is a province-wide issue. I'll come back tomorrow to report whether it is fixed or not. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scruffy 

Nikita has the right approach. It effectively gives you Canada-wide and US-wide calling from wherever you are in Canada TO anywhere in Canada and the US.

Your provincial-wide just gives you calling to inside whatever province you're physically in at the time.

Then, the add-on stays on until used up.

So when everything is back to normal function, you'll have your normal in-province calling and then the ability to call anywhere else in Canada and the US.

@Luddite  Alan_K posted an announcment saying it was resolved have you heard otherwise? The post is here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/RESOLVED-Select-customers-on-Province-w...

Nikita

Hey @Scruffy 

I think ur missing the point. Its not just a conoensation, but a way to let us call.  They found a workaround for us to be able to make outgoing calls till the fix .i am really happy as i kind of needed my phone 🙂 

I think its cool and never expires. U never know 🙂 i was in Ontario last summer. It would of been nice to have.  You never go out of province? 

@Alex888 wrote:

@ZekerDoes she live in Quebec? They have been having outage problems there the last couple of days, they were only fixed a few hours ago, is she still having problems?

Not fixed yet; being managed by the $15 400 minute long distance add-on. If it has not been added to her account give some thought to a voip app like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

Official word: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/RESOLVED-Select-customers-on-Province-w...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Nikita  Don't forget voip apps like that from fongo.com. Fongo provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Pizzaeh

@Nikita wrote:

@stonechucker 

Thanks for the math . 🙂 Although i won't go through 400 min, i did think it nice to have as it rolls over

I have a 25$ plan with 1 gig add on.. the one gig lasta me 10 months at 100 mb a month. 🙂 It will be worth it if i i do use em all up at once.  I hope they fix it wednesday if not ill use it sparingly 🙂 

@Nikita thanks for agreeing; have a nice night. ;o)

Scruffy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I sent the moderator team many emails and it was the ccts that confirmed they received many calls for this issue. For our inconvenience public mobile had added 400 free long distance minutes to Canada and US... but many of us such as myself do not ever make long distance calls. Don’t know anyone out of province or US.... maybe public mobile can recompensate people like me who doesn’t need long distance some other way.... maybe a free month would justify the stress of not being able to call locally especially someone like my sister who is ill and only has public mobile to rely on.

let clients like us know if public mobile has another incentive for compensation for clients like us.

thank you

@ZekerDoes she live in Quebec? They have been having outage problems there the last couple of days, they were only fixed a few hours ago, is she still having problems?

Zeker

Hello,

My aunt has issues making calls and she gets the french automatic message: "Vous n'avez pas d'option interurbain." She can still receive calls and other people in my family who have a Public mobile plan can still make calls fine. She doesn't know when the problem started but she remembers she could still make calls Saturday.

We checked the followings and her phone still can't make calls

• Her plan is Province-wide talk and she can't call me or anyone in the family despite being right next to her
  • Restarting the phone doesn't fix it
  • I checked and the monthly payment has gone through fine.
  • I attempted to suspend service and turn off phone for 10 minutes before resuming it and turning the phone on to no avail.

Thank you.

Nikita

@stonechucker 

Thanks for the math . 🙂 Although i won't go through 400 min, i did think it nice to have as it rolls over

I have a 25$ plan with 1 gig add on.. the one gig lasta me 10 months at 100 mb a month. 🙂 It will be worth it if i i do use em all up at once.  I hope they fix it wednesday if not ill use it sparingly 🙂 

Nikita

My comment is in regards to earlier ppl, including me, who said problem solved. Im just warning ppl its not fixed . And some are night workers that work with phone!   

And if u have been reading all comments on this situation, all 43 pages plus other threads and french side threads, you would know that plenty are not understanding the issue or the fix or the compensation .  

Ur comment is not helpful.  For those that do appreciate my comments your welcome, for those that don't just skip over. Unless u are trying to get a rebate by just overcommenting.

Need Help? Let's chat.