cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

19:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

Earlier today we identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls were unable to be placed. Inbound calling, texting and data services remained unaffected.

Our technical teams are implementing a solution which will restore outbound calling service to normal by early morning of March 20. No action is required on your behalf.

However, in the meantime, we have added a complimentary 400 minutes Long Distance Talk Add-On (includes calls to Canada & the U.S) for our affected customers, which you can use immediately and will allow you to make outbound calls. This Add-On will not expire as any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

We understand that your service and staying connected is important and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

523 REPLIES 523

ApatheticFloW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It looks like you used 387/400 min, hence the 13 min remaining. When is the last time you checked how many men you had left ?.

Are you still not able to make out bound calls ?

Since a mod is already aware and working on it let us know how and when it gets resolved, including the minutes you claim were used because of it. So far it looks like it's just you,which is a good thing,not for you obviously, but a good thing for the rest of us. 

Pierre
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Pierre  a écrit :

Problem is back  tonight for me... Can't make outbound calls and the system ask me to buy an extra Long-Distance add-on... Which I already have since the 1st derp of the system a month back when they gave us 400 mins Canada/USA... I'm not a happy customer right now... Smiley Happy

Meanwhile, here's my actual account as of today.... I should still have 380+ mins of long distance calls available even with the issue so the system doesn't to know I have that plan ... I'm lost .... A mod is working on it... With no luck so far... 😞   

PM.JPG

Pierre

Problem is back  tonight for me... Can't make outbound calls and the system ask me to buy an extra Long-Distance add-on... Which I already have since the 1st derp of the system a month back when they gave us 400 mins Canada/USA... I'm not a happy customer right now... Smiley Happy

Pizzaeh

@markevee wrote:

Hey I had a similar problem at the time but I did not recieved my 400 minutes for calling.. how do I go about receiving the minutes.. 

Click the link to contact the mods and explain your situation.  Response time is between a few hours up to 48 hrs.

markevee

Hey I had a similar problem at the time but I did not recieved my 400 minutes for calling.. how do I go about receiving the minutes.. 

@PickleRick wrote:

@Alan_K I did not received any complementary minutes for the service outage i suffered, how can i get them? It would be a nice backup plan in case this occurs again.

The fastest way to ask for something like that in your personal case is to write a private message to the moderator..here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.Smiley Happy

PickleRick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Alan_K I did not received any complementary minutes for the service outage i suffered, how can i get them? It would be a nice backup plan in case this occurs again.

@wylee wrote:

Hello I topped up my account this morning but have no calling service.the plan is $20. province calling.

Are you concerned with the outage last days in Quebec? Are you still not able to call? If yes to those 2 questions you need to reach the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

If it's not your case...give us details of your problem.Smiley Happy

Pizzaeh

@wylee wrote:

Hello I topped up my account this morning but have no calling service.the plan is $20. province calling.

When is your renewal date?

When you log into your online account, what does it say for Account Status?

When were you last able to make a call?

wylee

@kyrikan wrote:

Nope nothing there, but thank u for the info.

Either I'm having a moment and simply not seeing what's in front of my face, or no I have not. Though I'm not sure where is look too find out. I checked the plans page and see nothing regarding any extra minutes.

Capture d’écran 2019-03-21 à 15.05.11.png

You can see here...that's on the french site...

kyrikan

Nope nothing there, but thank u for the info.

Nikita

@kyrikan   hey. Its actually on the overview page.  If you did receive it. Im sorry some phonrs are not fixed yet . 😞

kyrikan

Either I'm having a moment and simply not seeing what's in front of my face, or no I have not. Though I'm not sure where is look too find out. I checked the plans page and see nothing regarding any extra minutes.

@kyrikan wrote:

Thank you. The suggested message has been sent. 🙂

And for my curiosity did you receive the 400 minutes in your self serve account? If not ask them for this gift.

kyrikan

Thank you. The suggested message has been sent. 🙂

@kyrikan wrote:

Hello...according to this post this issue was resolved on the 20th (yesterday), however I went to make a call this morning (just a few minutes ago) and it is telling me I have no talk in my plan. I am one of those people who does have provincial calling included, and I just double checked self serve to make sure nothing had changed and confirmed I STILL have provincial talk included.

I'm encouraged that there was an easily discoverable post regarding the issue, but I am uncertain what I should do since that post claims it was fixed yesterday.

Any assistance is appreciated.

-David-

Unfortunately you are not alone..some customers didn't recoverd their service yet...I encourage you to write a message to the moderator here to let them know..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 if you are on the 25$ plan you can have a look on the new 25$ plan with CAnada calls included...

kyrikan

Hello...according to this post this issue was resolved on the 20th (yesterday), however I went to make a call this morning (just a few minutes ago) and it is telling me I have no talk in my plan. I am one of those people who does have provincial calling included, and I just double checked self serve to make sure nothing had changed and confirmed I STILL have provincial talk included.

I'm encouraged that there was an easily discoverable post regarding the issue, but I am uncertain what I should do since that post claims it was fixed yesterday.

Any assistance is appreciated.

-David-

ApatheticFloW

Personally, I feel that the 400 min we received as compensation for our phones not working for 2-3 days is sufficient and a nice way of showing us we are important as customers. Yes things could of been handled a little differently, but besides that I gotta give Public Mobile a "BRAVO" for their effort.

Nikita

Hello.  

Just trying to clear everything up

Basically the ppl who got the minutes on an add on plan will be able to use up those minutes only if they have a plan. no plan, cant use the add on either.  you can take a cheaper plan and use up those minutes.  if you are on a province wide plan, it is a nice add on to have because you can call in usa and canada.  you can also call while out of your home province. me i would just keep it and let it roll over.  

If you see you have less then 400 minutes because you used them up its because you used them up while public mobile was having the issues.   This add on was given so we can continue using our phones.  You cant get it back.  

So there it is.  This was a lesson for all! on public mobiles part, to always adress the commmunity and give warning and updates as to what is going on.  Since we dont have a way to call customer service it gets very difficult for us fast.    

On our part to maybe read all posts and see if other are having problems and being patient!   

Regards to all public mobile users. 

@MajorTalent  a écrit :

Hi 

I just received this message and when I log in to my account it shows I already used 14 of the 400 minutes. How is that possible and how do I restore the 14 minutes I did not use yet?

Thank you

You used it probably yesterday before the service was ok again. The 400 minutes were given BECAUSE of the problem. They were given to be able to call someone.Smiley Happy

MajorTalent

Hi 

I just received this message and when I log in to my account it shows I already used 14 of the 400 minutes. How is that possible and how do I restore the 14 minutes I did not use yet?

Thank you

@normt29  a écrit :

Hello 
Due to a resolved issue yesterday ( Quebec region ) which I was affected, was just sent a text message from Public Mobile about this issue, apologies were made along with 400 Canada wide mins to my (1/2). I don't understand the (1/2) part & seeing that I have to renew my plan in 2 days, would like to know if I could use those 400 added minutes for local calls.
My other question is if those 400 mins are added, to I have to renew my plan in 2 days, or do I use up those free 400 mins prior my renewal. I'm in Quebec, so basically I'm still in Canada. 
Thank you very much Sir / Madame

would like to know if I could use those 400 added minutes for local calls.
..yes for sure...

to I have to renew my plan in 2 days

yes you need a plan if you want to be able to use your add-on...if you want you can chose for this month a cheaper plan(so you can use your minutes)...15$ with 100 minutes call..and chose yours next month...up to you..

normt29

Hello 
Due to a resolved issue yesterday ( Quebec region ) which I was affected, was just sent a text message from Public Mobile about this issue, apologies were made along with 400 Canada wide mins to my (1/2). I don't understand the (1/2) part & seeing that I have to renew my plan in 2 days, would like to know if I could use those 400 added minutes for local calls.
My other question is if those 400 mins are added, to I have to renew my plan in 2 days, or do I use up those free 400 mins prior my renewal. I'm in Quebec, so basically I'm still in Canada. 
Thank you very much Sir / Madame

PickleRick

The service is available again but i never received any add-on long distance minutes like the statement affirms

Cgibbons

yes I tried, no such luck.

@Cgibbons  a écrit :

Is yours working yet>? I'm 30 hours now no service.

Yes..not you? Did you try to close your phone and open it again? Are you sure it was related with the bug?

Cgibbons

Is yours working yet>? I'm 30 hours now no service.

@tuborini wrote:

Service was not restored by monday morning, we've been without it for more than 3  days,

we would like the a refund for the month where we could not use the service we've paid for, we don't need long distance minutes, we have free call apps to call around the world for free. Thank you for your understanding.

Your only (faint) hope is to click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. 

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Alan_K  a écrit :

@kav2001c wrote:

@Alan_K 

Did we need to message the mods to have the add-on added?

The LD Add-On should have been automatically applied yesterday afternoon to allow you to make calls until the fix could be applied overnight. Today, the issue should be gone but any unused minutes of the LD add-on are yours to keep as it doesn't expire.

Thank you Alan K. But some users have still the same problem...they didn't receive any minutes yesterday...In the french forum @alain61816 @justme1306 @Martain ...and the persons who switched for another plan with canada calls before this add-on? Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.