cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

19:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

Earlier today we identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls were unable to be placed. Inbound calling, texting and data services remained unaffected.

Our technical teams are implementing a solution which will restore outbound calling service to normal by early morning of March 20. No action is required on your behalf.

However, in the meantime, we have added a complimentary 400 minutes Long Distance Talk Add-On (includes calls to Canada & the U.S) for our affected customers, which you can use immediately and will allow you to make outbound calls. This Add-On will not expire as any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

We understand that your service and staying connected is important and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

523 REPLIES 523

sunflowershine

@deyneko1 wrote:

Please help as soon as possible!

All phones in our family suddently stopped to work! When I call to somewhere, the system sais kinda "your call cannot be completed... please pay for long distance call..."

I.e My wife and I cannot reach our kids via phone. Really disaster.

Spoiler

What we need to do?

P.S. I am writing here bc I didn't find special branch for tech support and an operator/chat are not exists.

@deyneko1 , Out of communication is not fun. If you have wifi access, I will advise you to download a free calling and texting app at the moment. I am using Fongo, Viber, and TextNow. TextNow has a unique number for each account. So you can call and text for free to North America even when you are travelling around the world. Hope that temporary solution helps!

ApatheticFloW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@irishman4 

I agree with you completely. If we could talk to SK.eone it would already be resolved. I'm sure they are fully aware of the fact that this stuff can't happen and if it does they need to have a system I  place that gets these issues fixed asap and not days later. This is exactly the type of problems that will inevitably make many of us switch to another provider. 

Consider g it's the first big issue since they closed customer service let's see how long it takes to get resolved.

sunflowershine

@jotsang wrote:

@JulioQc wrote:

do you know where those outages are posted?

http://outagereport.ca/publicmobile

@jotsang It is inconvenient at the moment. If you have wifi, you can download a free app to make call at the moment. I am using TextNow and it covers North America for free calls and text messages. Just for a temporary solution right now. Hope that helps!

irishman4

Il ya eu maintenance du sytème hier mard17 a 11:59 min -2019 et  tous les gens se retrouvent avec ce problème ce matin....il est  4:00 pm Mars 18-2019 est le problème pas régler....

sur certain post on dit d'etre patient..!!!!  pourquoi on payent..  si service prends si de temps a etre résolue..  les prix sont bon...mais il faut  augmenter le Service   certains appels son importants.....les Modérateurs sont au courant est essaient de Régler le problème Majeur

Sinon  bcp de gens iront voir la Concurence sous peu..!!!!

ApatheticFloW

@papaoute08  

Customer service number is no longer working you must use these forums for any questions or concerns. It closed March 17 yesterday was the last day to talk to anyone at public mobile.

Many of us are experiencing the same issue as you we must be patient and wait for them to fix it.

jotsang

@JulioQc wrote:

http://outagereport.ca/publicmobile

ndnk78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We have the SAME issue too. I've local call my wife's pm number which is 438-xxx-xxxx, the server's message said "Desole, vous n'avez pas d'option interurbain..." (sic).

Frustrated!

Have you got any response? Please help everybody!

JulioQc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@deyneko1 Are you in PQ? There is an operational issue affecting the province. No eta on repair has been posted.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Corina81

Its crazy nothing from the Moderator_Team either

deyneko1

Please help as soon as possible!

All phones in our family suddently stopped to work! When I call to somewhere, the system sais kinda "your call cannot be completed... please pay for long distance call..."

I.e My wife and I cannot reach our kids via phone. Really disaster.

Spoiler

What we need to do?

P.S. I am writing here bc I didn't find special branch for tech support and an operator/chat are not exists.

ApatheticFloW

I don't think its limited to 514 because there's a thread from a customer in Ontario who has had the same issue since yesterday. 

@papaoute08 wrote:

on ne peut meme pas parler avec un agent c est quoi ca 

C'est le système choisi par public mobile..un forum...pour avoir de l'aide.

papaoute08

on ne peut meme pas parler avec un agent c est quoi ca 

@papaoute08 wrote:

Les gens peuvent m appeller mais moi je ne peux pas faire des appels . Pourquoi qu est ce qui se passe avec la compagnie 

Un gros bug avec le système avec certains clients au Québec malheureusement ....il faut attendre que le problème soit résolu...Smiley Frustrated

papaoute08

Les gens peuvent m appeller mais moi je ne peux pas faire des appels . Pourquoi qu est ce qui se passe avec la compagnie 

@JulioQc wrote:

Hi,

I cannot make local calls as of today. Each time I dial I get the robot man voice saying "sorry connot complete your call - you do not have a long distance voice addon". This happens for all numbers I can from the montreal area. I receive calls no problem. 

However, here are the details making this a problem:

- I have a 514 number

- I'm calling a 514 number

- I'm in the 514 area on a PM tower

- My plan has Unlimited Provincial Talk (Quebec)

I have tried:

- Powercycle the device

- Reset APN settings

- Google my problem

I believe I'll need technical assistance asap so I can resolve the matter. Thank you

Apparently there is some issue with making calls in Quebec. Not sure if it limited to the 514 area or not.

@JulioQc wrote:

Hi,

I cannot make local calls as of today. Each time I dial I get the robot man voice saying "sorry connot complete your call - you do not have a long distance voice addon". This happens for all numbers I can from the montreal area. I receive calls no problem. 

- I have a 514 number

I have tried:

- Powercycle the device

- Reset APN settings

- Google my problem

I believe I'll need technical assistance asap so I can resolve the matter. Thank you

Sorry there is a bug actually in Quebec with outgoing and call and text with the 25$ plan...the moderator know it...nothing we can do. Just be patient until the problem is fixedSmiley Frustrated

JulioQc

Hi,

- I have a 514 number

I have tried:

- Powercycle the device

- Reset APN settings

- Google my problem

@devouges wrote:

Any chance my phone will wotk tomorrow ?

??? How knows? Not me...

devouges

Any chance my phone will wotk tomorrow ?

@Brinastielow wrote:

I have the same issue can’t make local call in Quebec 

Sorry but it's a bug in the system today with calls and texts for some people with public mobile in Quebec..just to be patient ..they will find it and fix it!!!Smiley Frustrated

Brinastielow

I have the same issue can’t make local call in Quebec 

@Corina81 wrote:

Does anyone have teir complete service back?

No not yet..even if in the french side of the community...Smiley Frustrated

Corina81

Does anyone have teir complete service back?

@PatriciaD wrote:

ahh that explains it.

I hope they fix it quickly as we need to make calls.

thanks for the reply

I will make a suggestion, switch your plan to the other $25 plan with unlimited text and unlimited Canada-wide talk and data. This will remove all calling restrictions on your account and should eliminate this issue in the future. Also it is the same price for more! Smiley Tongue

Victorine

Exactly same issue here - in QC.

Manni22

My messages also not going through 

Need Help? Let's chat.