Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Delay in receiving Self-Serve password reset email

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

09:00 ET - September 21, 2018

Hey Community,

We are happy to say that our technical team has successfully implemented a fix for the delay many were experiencing in receiving their Self-Serve password reset email. Going forward, all Self-Serve password reset requests should trigger a password reset email message within several minutes.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience as we worked through this investigation.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - August 27, 2018

Hey Community,

Our technical team is currently investigating this issue and we will provide updates as we learn more. If you are currently experiencing this issue, please contact a moderator here to reset your password.

In order to message a Moderator you will need to create/ sign in to your Community Account. Don’t have one set-up yet? Just click here, select 'Sign In' at the top right corner, then select 'New User? Register here.'

12:00 ET - August 24, 2018

Hey Community,

We are happy to say that our technical team has successfully implemented a fix  for the delay many were experiencing in receiving their Self-Serve password reset email. Going forward, all Self-Serve password reset requests should trigger a password reset email message within several minutes.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience as we worked through this investigation.

-Public Mobile Community Team

193 REPLIES 193

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smp99 wrote:

If  I click the "Forgot Password" link, does that reset the password? Or can I just test to see if I get a reset password email and simply ignore the email and my old password will still be valid. I really have not forgot my password, just want to test

@smp99

The mere asking for the reset password does not reset it. Your old password remains. You can go through to completion and then even return to your original password after. It doesn't bother to remember prior passwords.

smp99

If  I click the "Forgot Password" link, does that reset the password? Or can I just test to see if I get a reset password email and simply ignore the email and my old password will still be valid. I really have not forgot my password, just want to test

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cork wrote:

Soooo, the last 4 hours I wasted trying to open a self serve account is attributed to a long time issue with your site?

I can see why customers paying and not getting what they signed up for, are being deflected to "third party" support.  (Not a slight against those trying to help)

Congrats on sidestepping the regulator, but social media addicted customers are not going to go quiety into the night. 

Is a working "self serve" site going to happen, if so when?

I hope my honest and blunt observations will help all concerned.

Regards,

I tried the password reset link on the login screen.  I received the password reset email within 1 minute.

Did you activate your account in-store or online?

After activation, you will receive an email from PM.

For in-store activation, the email will have a link for you to creat online account.  You supply your PM phone number and it will send a text message with 6 digits cose which is used to create your online account.  If you did in-store activation, have you done this step.

For online activation, your self-serve onlin account will be created automatically.  The PM email will have a line to login your PM account.

If you forgot your password, use the login screen link to reset your password.  You cannot use the password reset feature if you do not have the online self-serve account.

Cork
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Soooo, the last 4 hours I wasted trying to open a self serve account is attributed to a long time issue with your site?

I can see why customers paying and not getting what they signed up for, are being deflected to "third party" support.  (Not a slight against those trying to help)

Congrats on sidestepping the regulator, but social media addicted customers are not going to go quiety into the night. 

Is a working "self serve" site going to happen, if so when?

I hope my honest and blunt observations will help all concerned.

Regards,

Dlynham

I just tried to reset my login password and then next screen said.

ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled

lancehuang

thanks again for the great news

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai from what I remember most site that have security questions do not let browsers remember security answers.  That's all I'm saying.  Is it a huge issue probably not. But just thought it was worth mentioning.

Yes, it's an issue. I think my bank also remembers security answer when sending etransfer. It is probably a way it was set up at the beginning. I don't want them to break something while fixing. 

mimmo

@NDesai from what I remember most site that have security questions do not let browsers remember security answers.  That's all I'm saying.  Is it a huge issue probably not. But just thought it was worth mentioning.

@mimmo wrote:

I just tried tried the password reset feature, got the emial in a couple minutes but noticed that the security question field listed my last answers and the email field remembered and autocompleted my email addresses. I would think these fields should have autocomplete off instead of on.    using windows 10 and edge

It's your browser that is remembering the info. I have it turned off and it does not remember. 

mimmo

I just tried tried the password reset feature, got the emial in a couple minutes but noticed that the security question field listed my last answers and the email field remembered and autocompleted my email addresses. I would think these fields should have autocomplete off instead of on.    using windows 10 and edge

@NDesai  though you should know and maybe bring it up to the higer ups if you feel it is worthwhile.

Jenniferb1977

Its been 3 days

@Jenniferb1977

I think that the moderator was helping another individual, Dhagda.  Hopefully, the moderators will respond to you soon.  Typical waits have been about 48 hours though....  

Jenniferb1977

No there is nothing there 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Dhagda,

We've responded to your private message. Please check your inbox.

Thank you,

Syed

You will need to send them a private message @Jenniferb1977

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Jenniferb1977 wrote:

Moderator_Team please contact me to resolve my issue please

If they see this message they will tell you to contact them with a PRIVATE MESSAGE Click this to send them a message. Remember to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details.  For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Jenniferb1977

@CS_Agent please contact me to resolve my issue please

Dunkgirl

@Jenniferb1977 wrote:

I requested one 24 hours ago and still didnt get it

@Jenniferb1977It has not been properly resolved. Send a message to the moderator team and they will help you reset it Click this to send them a message  Please include in the private message your phone number, name, your account number and PIN code with as much detail as possible to prevent the need for more contact so they can solve the issue right away. 

Jenniferb1977

I requested one 24 hours ago and still didnt get it

Dhagda
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok .. I'll try that / cheers

mimmo

@Dhagda you can always buy a voucher from recharge.com and top up via 611

Dhagda

Fyi .. 611 was a bust .. it tried to take my top up from a previous prepaid ccard with no option to update that info

Dhagda

Thank ye

mimmo

@Dhagda as of yesterday reports were saying the password reset was not working again.

If you simply need to top up you can do so via calling 611

Dhagda

I'm having this problem rite meow .. if it shows up at all, it takes hours .. pls hlp

emilyL

Thank you for the great news! I had to go into the store to buy vouchers twice while I was locked out. I had signed up for autopay but my credit card had expired before I could regain access to my account. Glad I don't have to do that any more! 🙂

srlawren

@Aliciagabilan please see here: How to Get Help

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Aliciagabilan wrote:

I don’t know how to contact anyone. I activated pm yesterday and can make calls. Anyone that tries to call me gets a recording that my number is not in service. I don’t know what to do. Alicia gabilan XXX-XXX-XXXX

I think this is a common issue after porting and people seem to get it resolved pretty quickly, but I don't know how - someone else will though.

But I wanted to reply to suggest you delete your phone number from your post, this is a public forum where anyone can get your personal details.

Aliciagabilan

I don’t know how to contact anyone. I activated pm yesterday and can make calls. Anyone that tries to call me gets a recording that my number is not in service. I don’t know what to do. Alicia gabilan 289-707-1320

@tifsha1 wrote:

Still does not work for me. 😞 😞 😞 Been trying for days...nothing.... trying to figure out why they took $197 from me (Unauthorized withdraw from my bank) . Why my sim card says it unregistered and if anybody calls the number, it says that it is not in service. Had this phone and plan for over 4 years!! Checked every setting, tried in other unlocked phones Nothing. This is a PM issue and not hardware. 

It's still working fine for me. I got the email within a few mins. Check your spam or junk folder. 

If it doesn't work, you will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info and they will look into it. 

Need Help? Let's chat.