cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Payment Voucher Retailers

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

As promised, we’re working hard to make sure the list of retailers who sell our Payment Vouchers is as accurate as possible.  Because it takes time to make sure all of our retailers are up and running,  we have created a two layered map to help you find a retailer near you.

Click here to find the payment voucher retailer location near you.

1) The pins in green are our confirmed locations.  All of these locations carry Public Mobile Payment Vouchers.
2) The pins in red are all of our unconfirmed locations.  As these have not all been confirmed, you may need to check the availability of our Payment Vouchers before visiting the location near you. 

We will do our best to update our map of confirmed locations regularly.

Also, we want to hear from you.  Let us know about your experience purchasing our Payment Vouchers – good or bad – so we can continue to make things better.

67 REPLIES 67

@Jb456 wrote:

@darlicious next time I need to top-up I'll go get a print out voucher from Petro Canada and post it. If I remember that is as my amount owed each 30 days is 0 until September when I'd I have to add $7 if I stop posting now till August 🤣

@Jb456  You might be able to leave your house by then....we hope.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dolphingirl1964 wrote:

Are there any in the owen sound area my credit card was declined need to top up I'm out ta time

What do you mean "credit card was declined"? Here? Or anywhere? If only here then you can buy vouchers online as well.

@darlicious next time I need to top-up I'll go get a print out voucher from Petro Canada and post it. If I remember that is as my amount owed each 30 days is 0 until September when I'd I have to add $7 if I stop posting now till August 🤣

@Jb456  I guess it depends on the individually owned stations. @iliketotalk  mentioned in the Voucher Catalogue the fee and there's a reciept at the end of page four showing the fee.

@darlicious so maybe in different provinces there are different fees who knows I've picked them up at Petro Canada in both Quebec and Ontario and there was never an additional charge.

I'm not talking about those cards or wtv some sell.

I'm talking about going to the cashier and asking for a top up voucher. Then they ask for what provider as they can print topups for many.  Some even let you select the amount doesn't have to be fixed at 20, 40 wtv 

@Jb456   Petro Canada charges a $1 fee per voucher, maximum voucher $60

@dolphingirl1964  see above.....Shell stations sell from $20 to $100, no fees, valid immediately, Shoppers drug mart sells $20 and $40 also valid immediately, Canadian tire but they take at least 8 hours to validate. You have at least three options in Owen sound.

@dolphingirl1964 is there a Petro Canada in your area they sell them. Here's a list of where you can get them.

Screenshot_20200501_092635.jpg

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/payment-voucher

dolphingirl1964
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are there any in the owen sound area my credit card was declined need to top up I'm out ta time

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Retailers sell vouchers 

srlawren

@darlicious wrote:

Retailers

@darlicious what about them?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Retailers

BLD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Update:  I found another one at Shoppers Drug Mart right down the road (1 min), but they sell vouchers only in $20 and $40.  Not very useful if you have an odd bill and need $5 vouchers to get as close to the bill as possible.  

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In the future I would recommend starting a new topic. Otherwise people may not see your post.

I found an old post that said you can text 5130 with your postal code and it will send you a list of nearby locations. It didn't work for me but there definitely isn't anywhere close to me so it may work for you?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new here and I've been checking around a bit. I'm out west so the little location thing isn't entirely useful to me as it seems more easterly shall we say.

Certainly Walmart. I've found them available at Esso, Petro-Can and 7-Eleven. Maybe not all of them. Maybe nothing hanging on display. You might have to ask. There may be fees but I haven't found them yet. It might be that if you see gift cards and such on display in a store that they may very well have a link to PM in their system. They might not know about it so again you have to ask.

BLD

Please note that, effective 20 June 2018, the Rexall Drugstore at 2409 Dufferin Street, Toronto (Dufferin and Eglinton Avenue West) will be closing, and they were a Public Mobile voucher carrier.  Not sure who is responsible for updating the carrier list, but please feel free to verify the store closure if you need to, by contacting the store at 416-787-4297.

Is there an up-to-date list handy that I can check to see where the next available vendor is?  Thank you.

boywithnoname
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I checked the map and one of the Esso locations is just across the street from where I live. So I can definitely check that out pretty easily without it being too much of a hassle. Thanks for the word of warning though @Rockdaddy22

boywithnoname

Thanks for the more comprehensive list of locations @Luddite

I do have auto pay set up on my account. But again, it is good to know where these vouchers may be carried should any of my friends and family who are on public mobile may need some. I'm sure the vouchers would. make a good gift idea for the holidays 😉 

Rockdaddy22

I wouldn’t trust that list. Just make sure to call first if it’s out of your way. 

@boywithnoname BTW: did you know that registering a credit card for autopay gives you $2/30 days off EVEN if you continue to pay with vouchers! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@boywithnoname wrote:

Thanks for this link to a map of where Public Mobile vouchers are sold. It's good for me to know in case I need to get any either for myself or for friends amd family that are also on Public Mobile.

@boywithnoname It's known to be a bit wonky. Here are some known outlets:

• Esso
  • Shopper's Drug Market
  • Canadian Tire Gas Bar
  • Shell
  • Hasty Market
  • Ultramar
  • Uniprix
  • Walmart
  • WOW Mobile (will activate SIM too)
  • K Mobile
  • Jean Coutu
  • Pharmaprix

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

boywithnoname

Thanks for this link to a map of where Public Mobile vouchers are sold. It's good for me to know in case I need to get any either for myself or for friends amd family that are also on Public Mobile.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Great info thanks again!

srlawren

@canucks4life as @Rockdaddy22 suggested, Shoppers might be good too!  To the best of my knowledge, neitehr Shoppers nor Shell charges any fees either, whereas some people here have been charged at othen vendors.  I think Esso comes to mind but I could be wrong and there could be others.

So it varies based on real-time vs. regular vouchver.  Here's roughly how it works:

- Regular vouchers are sold in certain amounts (I don't recall the list but it's in the knowledge base somewhere I beleive).  You can buy more than one if say for example you need $120 and they're only sold up to $100 (hypothetically), then you could buy a $100 and a $20 or more.  You are charged tax on that amount.  You get a printed slip with a PIN numbers, which you can enter as a one-time payment in self-serve, and it will credit your account.

- Real-time vouchers are different in that they are available in any amount you want (I believe--I've never bought one but that's what I read a while back), and what happens is instead of them handing you a paper with a PIN you enter, instead you tell them your PM phone number and the funds are applied instatly to your account.  You are still chared tax as well, so again if you tell them I want $120, they will charge you $120 + (tax according to your location).  

Does that help?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
I would just stick to shoppers drug mart, they seem to all have them.

canucks4life

@srlawren wrote:

@canucks4life there is a locator where you can type in a city or address and it gives you a list, though I don't know 100% how reliable it is.  Not sure what parts of Vancouver work for your friends & family, but I can personally vouch for the Shell station in Langley on 200th street and ... I think about 88th ave, and also the Shell in Surrey on 148th at 108th.  I've bought at both in the past.  Just tell them you want code PBLMBL, that helps them figure out how to punch it into their prepaid card system.  🙂

Found the locator search thanks...any idea what is the difference between real time and voucher stores?

So basically for example you would tell them PBLMBL voucher for $120?

srlawren

@canucks4life there is a locator where you can type in a city or address and it gives you a list, though I don't know 100% how reliable it is.  Not sure what parts of Vancouver work for your friends & family, but I can personally vouch for the Shell station in Langley on 200th street and ... I think about 88th ave, and also the Shell in Surrey on 148th at 108th.  I've bought at both in the past.  Just tell them you want code PBLMBL, that helps them figure out how to punch it into their prepaid card system.  🙂

canucks4life

Now that PM service is expanding would also be interested in finding out if there are any retailers in Vancouver, BC area selling vouchers yet not personally for myself but friends/family without a credit card.

As previous posts mentioned that short code with postal code does nothing anymore.

Rockdaddy22
Please let me know how it went

willowdalegirl

thank you. I will go there.

willowdalegirl

Are you in toronto? Can you give me the location where you purchased your voucher from. 

Need Help? Let's chat.