Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points Joining Confirmation Email - Jan 24

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We’ve been notified that some customers received an email confirming their switch to Public Points, our new Rewards program that is launching tomorrow.  If you have received this email, please disregard it. You will not be switched to Public Points automatically - joining Public Points is optional for all existing Public Mobile customers.

This email was triggered accidentally, due to back-end testing and preparation before the official launch date. Not to worry, you will have the opportunity to switch over, if you choose, when we launch Public Points. 

Note:You will also receive another email from us that will confirm that you have not been switched to Public Points, and that you should disregard the email sent in error. We apologize for the mix-up!  

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team 

383 REPLIES 383

igiul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am receiving emails this morning that I switched to the new rewards program, but I did not! Very frustrating!! I want to get confirmation that I am still on the old rewards program. I am a very longstanding and loyal client.

pomlady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi I received it too.  Not sure what the difference is between what I am getting now and this new Public Points to be honest.  Maybe I am just dense lol.  Will have to check it out more once it is launched I guess.......

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lithiumli wrote:

Does that mean if I want to be on the "old" (current system) that I need to sign up today? 

@lithiumli  Yes, if you do not already have an account with Public Mobile, then you need to open an account with Public Mobile, activate the SIM today.  Once the new points system launches tomorrow, any new customers who join Public Mobile after the launch will be on the new points system automatically.   

I am waiting to receive the next email "You are the winner of an iPad from the Public Rewards!!!"

Anonymous
Not applicable

@coelhov : It was an error. Just ignore it all. Carry on. The company seems to have talent deficiencies in their tech department where they test stuff on live systems.

Edit: @softech : No.

@Anonymous   someone said he got this email and the last one about account expired.

Does your one account which received this opt-in email also the "lucky winner" from last time?

Lucky you @coelhov , you are probably selected as their "beta testers" (again, not by your choice)   🙂

you should open a ticket and voice your dissatisfaction.  A $5 (same as 5 Public points as promised on the opt-in email) would be nice  🙂

adagio
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

From the material, the new system will go live tomorrow Jan 25. So yes if you want to be on the current system, you need to activate your line today. 

The new system may or may not go live tomorrow. No clue yet. But today, received a false alarm email about being switched to the new points system. People are talking about it. 

coelhov

Whats going on with Public Mobile. Earlier this month I received an email saying I did not pay my bill and account would be locked.  Now I receive an email about  30 minutes ago talking about the new  optional point system and then within the next 20 minutes an email saying I have switched. I  DO NOT want to switch, I never agreed to switch. This is just getting ridiculous. HELP

lithiumli

Does that mean if I want to be on the "old" (current system) that I need to sign up today? 

adagio

Apparently, it is an false alarm 😁. You can ignore it. 

Thanks @J_PM   .  And yes, the Alert Bar idea is great.. Looking forward to see it being utilized more 

Zyl

@chloesizer 

Apparently this is an error. The Community Manager @Jade_S from Public Mobile has already made an announcement in an update to the publication of the Public Points System. The emails were sent out during their testing in the back-end system. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7...

You are not switched to the Points system.  It has not launched yet.  You are still on the existing $ based reward system and will be on it until you decide to switch over.  The switching is completely voluntary for existing customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was sent in error. Ignore.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chloesizer  The email was sent in error due to testing for the launch tomorrow. You will have the choice of switching tomorrow, so please disregard the email for now.

chloesizer

I got an email today about the new Public Points program and got switched over without agreeing to it. I'd like some more time to consider it. How do I switch it back? 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@angry2    Yes quite a few of us have received that email which PM has confirmed was in error and can be disregarded.  Here's the announcement from Jade_S to that effect: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

Yes. We will continue to use the alert bar. For this scenario we decided to keep to the post format, to ensure we could include all the details necessary for customers. 

Thanks, 

Jade

angry2

I got an email saying that it was optional to enroll in public points so I ignored the email as I like the existing reward plan but just received another email saying that I was switched over.   How can I reverse this as I never asked for this switch?

Polyian

Why not correct the error with a follow-up email explaining the error instead of waiting for PO'd customers to come here for answers?

Polyian

Same Issue, I gather this was an error but it would have been useful to send another email telling us that. I was really PO'd when I read it

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM   I remember you used the Alert message on the top of PM page on the first day when Community was updated.  Are you going to keep using that "Alert message bar"?  If so, I think this would be a perfect time to use that Alert message bar

Zyl

@chibuntam   

Apparently this is an error.  The Community Manager @Jade_S from Public Mobile has already made an announcement in an update to the publication of the Public Points System.  The emails were sent out during their testing in the back-end system.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7...

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Don't worry, the email was sent in error in preparation for the PM Points launch tomorrow! You won't be switched over if you prefer the old rewards system.... @chibuntam 

yellowpage

Thanks for the clarification! I don't have plan to switch over to the new reward system with all my lines. The email did surprised me!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the quick update @J_PM .   Must admit it was confusing receiving that email this morning...

Lor

I just sent a moderator about this before I saw this post.  I was quite upset when i received the email as I did not even log into my account and do not intend to switch.  Thank you for this post

yellowpage

Same here. Received the switched over email. Very confusing...

EDIT:

SEE THIS NOTE - you need not do anything, you won't be switched over unless you request it:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

would ask the customer support agents to switch you back,  @chibuntam 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Jonavin

I was worried that something messed since I did not join and received the email. Thanks for the clarification

Need Help? Let's chat.