cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Public Mobile

Public Mobile is now available at The Mobile Shop!

Hey Community,

In our quest to make it easier for you to purchase and activate our SIM cards, we are happy to announce that we’ve now launched at The Mobile Shop! There are nearly 200 The Mobile Shop locations across Canada, located in places like Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstore. Find the store closest to you by clicking here. As with our other retail partners, you will continue to have the option to activate at home or in-store, based on what you prefer.

If you happen to be near The Mobile Shop after we launch, we’d love to hear your feedback on how things are going.

-Public Mobile Community Team

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Public Mobile is now available at The Mobile Shop!

Great news!  Glad to see PM is moving into more stores.

Mayor / Maire

This is great!  Too bad all three local retail sites (Walmart, WOW, and now The Mobile Shop) are all located in the farthest reaches of my community, from where I live.

Saying this though, I will be happy to support this location before I go to Walmart.

Oracle

@Brooke_C, this is GREAT news as I think this will be a wider distribution and really help PM.  Now if it is a successful launch and they are a good retailer how about considering laying some rules or enforcing stuff with Walmart or cut them as a retailer.  There have been some good stories out of Walmart but way more negative

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

awesome news I agree with @ShawnC13  time to lose walmart.  now if i can only win the guacamole contest and use the gift card at the mobile shop Smiley Happy

PS i loved the foreshadowing of the announcement via the contest Smiley Happy

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anyone know if you can buy Public Mobile SIM cards with PC points, and if I am able to take advantage of the tax free sales?  I already know I cannot do that with airtime.

Mayor / Maire

@bridonca  i believe you should be able to.  I remember being told i could buy a phone with points so a sim should be the same.  

Mayor / Maire

With the merger of PC Points and the Shoppers DrugMart Optimum Rewards, I think it will be allowed, as there USED to be a minimum $20 (20,000 PC Points) redemption, which is now $10 (10,000 PC Optimum points)

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Great news.  I can pay for the SIM card with PC Optimum points.  

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great news