Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protect Your Community Rewards | Link Your Community Account and My Account

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We are making system upgrades! To prevent any issues with your Community rewards we kindly ask you to link your Community Account to your My Account by April 27, 2023.   

Linking your Community account will provide you with a faster support experience and allow us to apply your hard earned Community rewards to your desired My Account.

How to link your Community account to My Account

To link your accounts, simply use the same email address for both your Community account and My Account. Follow these simple steps to connect your accounts:

1. Sign in to your Community account
  2. Go to ‘My Settings’
  3. Select ‘Personal,’ then click on ‘Email’
  4. Enter and confirm your My Account email address, and select ‘Save’

We appreciate your cooperation as we continue to evolve our products to give the best online experience across all our platforms; Rewards, My Account & Community Support.   

Thank you, 

- Public Mobile Team

96 REPLIES 96

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes @dust2dust all that was already done and fine, however I got an automated email saying that my accounts aren't linked. So I need Public to confirm if the system sending the email is flawed or there is a problem with my accounts not being detected as linked. A week later nothing from customer service.

@umnikke8- You can log in to your account right? That email address login id is the registered account email. That needs to be the same as your community account for linking any potential reward/point to whichever account. The community account email address is easily changeable by you. And then you need to verify it. Match the "Current email" email address to your service account. Then verify it. If it's already verified and it's the same email address then you're done.

dust2dust_0-1683135914761.png

umnikke8

A week later and I haven't had any reply from my customer service request about the email saying my accounts aren't linked. 😞

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

I guess this is to eliminate Community members that doesn’t have an Self Serve account but only a Community account. 🤔🎣

metalhead
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@metalhead 

You should be sent an email. Just click on the link in the email.

metalhead

How do you verify your account?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@metalhead 

As long as you verified your community account you should be fine.

metalhead

What happens if you created your community account after April 27th?

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

No action required if you have already successfully have your email set-up. This is for any customers who don't have one linked to My Account. Most of our regulars in Community already do 👍

Mystery solved.. no worry, please disregard  🙂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

another day.  It really makes me wonder what good things coming  🙂

@umnikke8 wrote:

@LitlLdy except the system emailed me to say my accounts are not linked, so if it thinks such, I imagine it is going to be a problem, even though everything looks fine

@umnikke8 , if you checked your “My Account “ & your “Community Account” here & they look exactly the same (the same email address for both your Community account and My Account) then you are fine & the email was sent to you in error. If you’re concerned that it may not be correct & you are unable to fix it please submit a supporting ticket & ask CSA for help.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

• Get help with your service or account by starting a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It can help you submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents. Click here to get started and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that matches your request.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to Customer Support Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Edit: For clarity!

@johnny5   yes, start with asking PM support to confirm that email is on Community account already, if it is , you won't be able to create another one anyway

To engage support:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account): click this Chatbot Ticket Link

Then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" to open the ticket submission page
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question. Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

@johnny5 wrote:

That sounds better.  "My Account" e-mail is different from "My Community" account and says it is e-mail address is already in use.  Can you tag the PM Support link for me. ....and thanks again

@johnny5 , that’s why I kept asking if your email address were the same (the same email address for both your Community account and My Account) on both accounts. Since the message says thats your email address is being used on another community account are you sure that this is your only community account & you didn’t create another using that email address?

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

• Get help with your service or account by starting a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It can help you submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents. Click here to get started and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that matches your request.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to Customer Support Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

johnny5

That sounds better.  "My Account" e-mail is different from "My Community" account and says it is e-mail address is already in use.  Can you tag the PM Support link for me. ....and thanks again

@johnny5    you said you got the error ":  "The email address is already used by another account."   when you try to change the email here in the Community?

don't create another account, it won't work, open ticket with Support and get it sorted out

@johnny5 wrote:

ok.....then I guess I have to log out of this community account, and then create a new community account using the same e-mail as "My Account", correct ?

@johnny5 , no thats not what I said. You need to change the email address on your “Community Account” to match the email address on your “My Account”. If they are exactly the same you do nothing.

Edit: If you already have the correct email address entered on your “Community Account “ that is exactly the same as the email address on your “My Account “ & you try to enter the email address again on your “Community Account” it will say that it is already in use by another account due to you already had it setup on this “Community Account”! You can’t register it twice on your account nor do you need to!

umnikke8

@LitlLdy except the system emailed me to say my accounts are not linked, so if it thinks such, I imagine it is going to be a problem, even though everything looks fine

johnny5

ok.....then I guess I have to log out of this community account, and then create a new community account using the same e-mail as "My Account", correct ?

@johnny5 wrote:

I am really not sure.  I think when I originally setup "My Account", I used one e-mail, then in the "Community", I used another.  looked at case-sensitive, all the same.  Can this be undone, or change by PM support ?

@johnny5 , sign into your “My Account” & look to be sure you have matching email addresses. If not change your “Community Account” email address to match it.

johnny5

I am really not sure.  I think when I originally setup "My Account", I used one e-mail, then in the "Community", I used another.  looked at case-sensitive, all the same.  Can this be undone, or change by PM support ?

@umnikke8 wrote:

I just got an email stating that my Community Account is not linked to My Account. I checked, they are both using the same email address, the community account email is also verified and it won't let me re-enter the same address again to update. Yay, more glitches, so what do I do?

@umnikke8 , if you already have that email address on your “My Account” & your “Community Account” you don’t need to add it again. It’s already there. Unless they’re not matching exactly the same in spelling, capitals, lower case letters & so on then they need changed to match one another.

@johnny5 wrote:

I have tried to accomplish what the e-mail said to do.  When I enter the e-mail for "My Account", it tells me :  "The email address is already used by another account."

So, not sure what to do ?

@johnny5 , did you already have that email address verified on your Community Account & tried to add the same email again?

johnny5

I have tried to accomplish what the e-mail said to do.  When I enter the e-mail for "My Account", it tells me :  "The email address is already used by another account."

So, not sure what to do ?

umnikke8

I just got an email stating that my Community Account is not linked to My Account. I checked, they are both using the same email address, the community account email is also verified and it won't let me re-enter the same address again to update. Yay, more glitches, so what do I do?

@AE_Collector wrote:

An interesting aspect of this I discovered about 4 years ago is that the linking of the accounts to receive rewards actually requires the case of all letters in email addresses match. I couldn’t get my rewards to work for months and months until finally noticing an upper case first letter of my email address on one account while the other account was all lower case. This prevented the linking from working even though email addresses ARE NOT case sensitive. If this is still how it works it would be a good idea if the case didn’t matter.

@AE_Collector , that would actually be good information to add to this post to! I wondered about that.

Also, I have been thinking when we’re helping other Customers on here we should also add a side note in our response to them to make sure their  “My Account “ email & “Community Account” email match along with the link to this post! I am sure there’s many that will not & have not seen this!

Edit: 2 days left to see what happens!

An interesting aspect of this I discovered about 4 years ago is that the linking of the accounts to receive rewards actually requires the case of all letters in email addresses match. I couldn’t get my rewards to work for months and months until finally noticing an upper case first letter of my email address on one account while the other account was all lower case. This prevented the linking from working even though email addresses ARE NOT case sensitive. If this is still how it works it would be a good idea if the case didn’t matter.

@LitlLdy wrote:
I guess we will find out what happens to our accounts/services after the 27th since we can’t get answers to our questions when this was posted! We will keep guessing until then!  🤔 😕 

Sadly yes, we can only speculate. This announcement has been up for a little while but PM has not (yet) edited or responded it to address this concern.

I admit that I'm suspicious of the thread title. "Protect Your Community Rewards" ... it implies immediate action is needed because of a dire threat, your Community Rewards are at risk or could be lost if you don't take action. I see a scare tactic more than I see a service announcement, a clumsy response to draw the line against the few who exploit/abuse the community or a managerial trying to maximize numbers before the deadline on a report to higher-ups. But you can ignore my concerns, I'm a ranting tinfoil hat weirdo cynic, lol.

@Korth wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Is Public Mobile saying to fill the form out to change the e-mail addresss even if the correct e-mail address is already shown?

To be fair, Public Mobile has once again managed to communicate basic, simple things in confusing, ambiguous ways. I think the fact that so many people are asking the obvious question is itself evidence of poor communication.

@Korth , I guess we will find out what happens to our accounts/services after the 27th since we can’t get answers to our questions when this was posted! We will keep guessing until then!  🤔 😕 

Need Help? Let's chat.