Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Price Change]: 200MB Data Add-on Now $5

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi Community, 

We have some exciting news to announce today! Effective July 22, 2020 the 200MB Data Add-On will be priced at $5, down from $10.

In May, we lowered our 1GB Data Add-On price, and with all the positive feedback received, we’ve made the decision to change the price of our 200MB Add-On as well. At Public, we are constantly looking for ways that we can make our services more valuable for our customers. 

To get your $5 200MB Data Add-On, follow these steps: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Ensure you have sufficient funds in your account. If not, make sure to top up. 
  3. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons”
  4. Select “My Add-Ons”
  5. Select the 200MB Add-On under ‘Data’
  6. Click ‘Buy Add-Ons 

- The Public Mobile Team

76 REPLIES 76

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It would be great if Public Mobile also offered larger data buckets at an affordable price!

Maybe $30 for 3GB?  🙂

@Catherine_Twelcome to this neck of the woods.

I like the direction PM is going in. I agree what is still really needed now is a texting add-on. How about it?

For those interested, please add your count and voice your interest at this thread:

How about a Texting Add-On

A price drop is certainly better than a price increase, but I think I'm not too excited about this. $5 per 200MB is still about roughly the same as $25 per gigabyte. Bandwidth is inexpensive to provide per gigabyte. The carriers can do better than this.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Catherine_T .  Thank you

Keeps geeting better.jpg

sa7375

@Catherine_T 

Love that 

Keeps geeting better.jpg

sa7375

@Catherine_T 

Love that  😊

Keeps geeting better.jpg

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T Thank you for such a positive change! Customers will appreciate. Also, please consider adding a 500mb addon.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Always nice to see a price reduction instead of increase.  As greedy customers, we want further reductions.  

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is ok - I don't think I would ever get it or suggest it, as I would recommend the 1GB add-on.

What would be very cool is a 1yr (or 360 day) plan of unlimited talk/text for somewhere between $100-$125

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Fair.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Now, how about LTE?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Catherine_T 

Yeah I woulda just dropped it. At $15 for a bucket o' data that just hangs around until finished...why bother with smaller amounts.

The $30 was too much of an investment.

The $10 meh ok even though less value but less investment.

$15...just have that and leave the lesser amount behind.

Oh...and a texting only add-on.

Thanks for seeing things to adjust...making your mark 🙂

Now, if you can make the payment card processing system bulletproof on your side...

(there should never be a problem caused by your system)

Thanks Catherine and welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Now time for a cheap calling only plan 🤔 lol

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Catherine_T Thanks for the price change. That addon always looked overpriced ever since the 1GB 15$ change. Now its priced a bit better.

8$ for 500MB would be nice but I'm not complaining 🙂

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_THello and welcome, that’s good news things are always improving around here!!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to the community @Catherine_T . I propose getting rid of it and instead adding a 500 mb one for $8. 

Need Help? Let's chat.