cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired

Oracle Martin

Hello Community,

We want to share the sad news that our Oracle and friend, Martin, passed away peacefully in St. Catharines, Ontario on May 22, 2016.

For those of you who were familiar with Martin or read some of his posts, you know him as a person who had a good sense of humour and took pleasure in helping others. If he felt he could help, he wouldn’t hesitate to answer a question or join a discussion.

Martin was a huge contributor to our Community and during his time with us, he achieved so much including:

• 3,482 Bravo’s received (He was loved by many)
  • 5,563 Reply’s (He was more than helpful)
  • 105, 944 page views (He knew what he was talking about)
  • 225 Total Solutions Authored (Customer champion)
  • 1,331 Bravo’s Given (Peoples champion)
  • 1,892 hours spent online (Dedication at it’s best)

Martin was not only committed to our Community, he also felt strongly about helping out in his own community.  He was a dedicated blood donor and a passionate protector of stray cats.

Looking back when I think of Martin, I see someone who was very meticulous, concise and straightforward. He was easily engaged by others and to me, he was more than just a Community member – he was a great friend.  Martin, say hi to Bob & Sue!

In honour of Martin, please take the time to offer your help to someone in need.  A small gesture goes a long way.

Memorial donations may be made to the Northumberland Humane Society http://www.northumberlandhumanesociety.com/donate.html or Phone: (905) 885 4131.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired

Re: Oracle Martin

I cannot believe you are no longer with us Martin… I have to believe that God has bigger plans for you Robot Sad Robot Sad 

You may be gone, but you will never be forgottenHeart

Mother ship will also miss you Smiley Sad

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Its hard to believe that Martin is gone.

We had numerous stimulating conversations and always felt a positive vibe from him.  

I will remember him as a gentle, caring, disciplined, principled and funny person and a good friend whom I wish I had the pleasure to meet.  

Rest in peace, @Martin

srlawren

Martin seemed like a genuinely wonderful person, and his abence has been felt here since his passing to be sure.  My condolences to his friends and family.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
pylon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Rest in Peace Martin. I'm pretty sure that you answered my first ever question on PM Community!

NDesai
Oracle

Me too can't believe this. I've always wondered about his off time....

RIP be loved @Martin

We will never forget to © hang in there 🙂

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Oh my, that was why we never saw him lately. That's hard.

He was one of the best PPL PM ever saw, and it will be hard to find one who can fill in his shoes.

R.I.P. @Martin

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is certainly a shock to me! You will be missed on this forum. Rest In Peace...

Cath
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Were it not for Martin's help, switching to PM would have been much more difficult for me.  He had apparently infinite patience, but could be firm (maybe even snappish) when the situation warranted.  Sincere sympathy to his family and to the PM community.  He will be greatly missed.

srlawren

@Cath your experience with Martin was not unusual at all; he routinely would go out of his way to help, and with much patience.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.