Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Martin

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Community,

We want to share the sad news that our Oracle and friend, Martin, passed away peacefully in St. Catharines, Ontario on May 22, 2016.

For those of you who were familiar with Martin or read some of his posts, you know him as a person who had a good sense of humour and took pleasure in helping others. If he felt he could help, he wouldn’t hesitate to answer a question or join a discussion.

Martin was a huge contributor to our Community and during his time with us, he achieved so much including:

• 3,482 Bravo’s received (He was loved by many)
  • 5,563 Reply’s (He was more than helpful)
  • 105, 944 page views (He knew what he was talking about)
  • 225 Total Solutions Authored (Customer champion)
  • 1,331 Bravo’s Given (Peoples champion)
  • 1,892 hours spent online (Dedication at it’s best)

Martin was not only committed to our Community, he also felt strongly about helping out in his own community.  He was a dedicated blood donor and a passionate protector of stray cats.

Looking back when I think of Martin, I see someone who was very meticulous, concise and straightforward. He was easily engaged by others and to me, he was more than just a Community member – he was a great friend.  Martin, say hi to Bob & Sue!

In honour of Martin, please take the time to offer your help to someone in need.  A small gesture goes a long way.

Memorial donations may be made to the Northumberland Humane Society http://www.northumberlandhumanesociety.com/donate.html or Phone: (905) 885 4131.

24 REPLIES 24

Cath
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Not too long after Martin died, I searched online for an obituary.  I was able to find only one man who died in St. Catharines on May 22.  His name was not Martin but he did have a son, Martin.  If Owen Sound were closer to St. Catharines, I would search newspaper archives at the library.

i still miss him.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Does anyone know where Martin is buried? Woman Frustrated

I am from St Cathrines and often visit cemetery to care for grandmother grave.

I would like to visit and pay my respect to Martin. Woman Sad

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Wow! 1,892 hours is close to 79 days online! Definitely dedication at its finest. Martin was ahead of my time joining PM but sounds like he made a real difference here!

Not exactly sure how I ended up on this old discussion thread, but am glad I did.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
OMG this is unbelievable 😢 I can't believe I'm just finding out now. It's definitely a sad day for me, I just hope he's in a much better place now, a place with free cellular coverage for ever. 🙂

Hi @chukdefatey Martin is missed. Man Sad

Hope you plan to spend some time in the forum; I miss your pithy expertise.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@chukdefatey wrote:
This answer my question as to why he hasn't been Responding to my Personal emails. I am very shocked to hear as to what Happened with one of my Favourite Public Mobile Community Friend. May God Bless his Soul. RIP my Friend. I really wish I could have met you Personally.

@Jermey M how did you Find out about this Tragedy? Do you have any more Details as to what or how this Happened?

Hey @chukdefatey,
Someone from Martins family was able to share the news with us, I do not know how it happened.
Jeremy

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
This answer my question as to why he hasn't been Responding to my Personal emails. I am very shocked to hear as to what Happened with one of my Favourite Public Mobile Community Friend. May God Bless his Soul. RIP my Friend. I really wish I could have met you Personally.

@Jermey M how did you Find out about this Tragedy? Do you have any more Details as to what or how this Happened?

danette77
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am fairly new to the Public Mobile scene, so I didn't know Martin personally, but from all of the comments here he must have been a wonderful human being. Sending my love and sympathy to his friends and family.  

TroyDaBes

So that's why I haven't see him post. That's actually quite shocking. May he rest in peace. 

kutzki

What.....? No..... Not Martin! He was one of the most thoughtful, compassionate, and caring members on this forum. Why do bad things have to happen to good people? 😞

Rest in peace my friend. 

Vakshwell

Such a sad thing to read @Martin has passed away. 😞

He was always such a big help within the community, his drive to help others was extremely admirable. He will forever be missed here, and my prayers go out to his family and friends.

Rest In Peace @Martin. 💐

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Aww.. this is very sad news 😞

It is with a heavy heart we wish you farewell..and all the best to his friends and family Heart

-Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

homer

What a shock!! We'll miss you, Martin, and the community will remember your contributions. RIP. 

Cath

@Luddite  I think Bob and Sue have gone back to wherever Bob and Sue go back to, to mourn.  

Too sudden; supremely saddening. No wonder my colander no longer functions. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren

@Cath your experience with Martin was not unusual at all; he routinely would go out of his way to help, and with much patience.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Cath

Were it not for Martin's help, switching to PM would have been much more difficult for me.  He had apparently infinite patience, but could be firm (maybe even snappish) when the situation warranted.  Sincere sympathy to his family and to the PM community.  He will be greatly missed.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is certainly a shock to me! You will be missed on this forum. Rest In Peace...

Oh my, that was why we never saw him lately. That's hard.

He was one of the best PPL PM ever saw, and it will be hard to find one who can fill in his shoes.

R.I.P. @Martin

Me too can't believe this. I've always wondered about his off time....

RIP be loved @Martin

We will never forget to © hang in there 🙂

pylon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Rest in Peace Martin. I'm pretty sure that you answered my first ever question on PM Community!

srlawren

Martin seemed like a genuinely wonderful person, and his abence has been felt here since his passing to be sure.  My condolences to his friends and family.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

Its hard to believe that Martin is gone.

We had numerous stimulating conversations and always felt a positive vibe from him.  

I will remember him as a gentle, caring, disciplined, principled and funny person and a good friend whom I wish I had the pleasure to meet.  

Rest in peace, @Martin

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

I cannot believe you are no longer with us Martin… I have to believe that God has bigger plans for you Robot Sad Robot Sad 

You may be gone, but you will never be forgottenHeart

Mother ship will also miss you Smiley Sad

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.