Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Ongoing Issue (for SIMS purchased prior to 5/17/2023)] Delayed SIM Card Orders

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We know that some of you are experiencing delays with your SIM Card orders. Our teams are actively investigating and working diligently to ship all delayed orders as quickly as possible.

New SIM orders are unaffected and will be shipped within the usual timeframe.

Thank you,

The Public Mobile Team 

55 REPLIES 55

GroovyEye
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Agreed.

GroovyEye

Yes, I submitted a ticket. Thank you.

@GroovyEye wrote:

This is absolutely unacceptable. It's one thing not to be able to track our orders, but for this to be such a widespread makes your business look quite sloppy. I order 2 cards 3 weeks ago and the fact that I still have not received them is hugely discouraging me to become a customer. I expect you will send out replacements promptly.

@GroovyEye i suggest you submit a ticket with customer support by methods above from softech.

It is possible @J_PM  will see your request and forward this or reach out, but not guaranteed.

GroovyEye

This is absolutely unacceptable. It's one thing not to be able to track our orders, but for this to be such a widespread makes your business look quite sloppy. I order 2 cards 3 weeks ago and the fact that I still have not received them is hugely discouraging me to become a customer. I expect you will send out replacements promptly.

srash
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

But is someone looking into the possible theft? Or is this a systems issue, where the system is accepting the payment and generating an order without actually triggering the shipment process? How can the company be so bad at this and not look for the cause of the problem?

@StevenGovenlock @srash 

Please open ticket with PM Support with your order number.  They will decide what to do and try to help

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Sim card order", then click "Contact Us",  then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

srash

I never received my SIM card orders. Is someone stealing them instead of mailing them out?

StevenGovenlock

Is this the type of customer service we can expect as new customers? Has me reconsidering switching. Further, your delays and failure to deliver within 10 days caused me to miss out on last weekend's promotion. What is going to be done about that?

Farazbaig

Very disappointing first experience. The online chat agent kept asking me to wait longer until one said she couldn't help. Can only imagine how the service would be. Perhaps should have gone for Chatter as it has been almost 20 days from the order date

@kaifuluca2016 wrote:

Why not send a track order email after the sim card shipped? We are waiting so long and never know where it is and when it was shipped or any related information. Why are you always ignoring any concerns of your customers and can't solve problems directly? Send a shipment email is the most simple and direct way to solve this kind of problem.

@kaifuluca2016 , they would have to pay extra for the cost of tracking it in turn costing us more money! 😕

@hTideGnow 

I tried, asked CSA nicely if I could please get the free SIM I'd ordered during the promo. I was told to buy one.

I went and bought one from a source where I have a good chance to actually get what I've spent money on.

hi @DennyCrane to be fair, i got m8ne from the free promo

@wetcoaster don't hesitate, message support and ask them to resend.  They have "paper cup" now

I doubt they ship them, which is the issue. Once they're in the hands of Canada Post (or whatever courier) you won't have issues. Getting them out of PM's basement seems to be the issue. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Is this related to that short lived free SIM promo? I ordered one of those within the first hour of it becoming available and never got it, even with allowing for increased shipping time due to popular demand. Had to get one from Amazon instead to set up another referral.

kaifuluca2016

Why not send a track order email after the sim card shipped? We are waiting so long and never know where it is and when it was shipped or any related information. Why are you always ignoring any concerns of your customers and can't solve problems directly? Send a shipment email is the most simple and direct way to solve this kind of problem.

hi @DennyCrane good comparison. Tim Hortons without cups 🤣 And those order early won't gave it.  The new cups are for those why order now. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

This is a really embarrassing issue to have. It's like Tim Horton's running out of coffee cups. You don't have brick and mortar, yet even your online channels make it difficult to become a new customer. If this is strategic/intentional because the PM brand is only there to meet government pricing regulations, then bravo. If it's a legit mix-up, then you need to do way better. You can't have it both ways (no store front/customer service AND have a poor digital experience. Or just admit this is not in your wheelhouse and outsource it exclusively to a fulfillment partner such as Amazon.

And for the record I spend way more money on Amazon than I otherwise would, simply because they make the process so seamless. Everything from being able to easily find products, to minimal clicks to purchase, and of course fast delivery. PM on the other hand makes it very difficult for the average person to even become a customer, let alone spend any money with them.

Bmcdoug1

Thank you

@Bmcdoug1 

it can take as long as 3 weeks for your sim to arrive.

Here's a link you can click to send a message to CSA for their help...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Bmcdoug1

I ordered 3 SIM cards May 2, still nothing, is there anyway to track my order or a guess at when they were sent out?

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

really appreciate the update 🙂

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Thank you for the update!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM 

Also, look like the item on Amazon (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07R6P5KBB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AD2L5SKHPCC6Q&psc=1) , sold by Public Mobile, is an official source of buying PM sim.  Maybe PM could put more effort in promoting it?  I remember there was a time PM sim buying page will post the Amazon link as well.  Would be nice if Amazon can help with the selling of SIM card and can help potential customers to come onboard sooner

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

while you're at it...please look for other shipping options. Some customers report delays of 2 or even 3 weeks for sim to arrive.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for the update.  Yes, those ordered since last week of April seems to be impacted most

Need Help? Let's chat.