cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed and out of order group messages MMS

sledinguru
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Community..   I've been having issues for a couple months now.  In a group chat with iPhone users messages are received with long delays and out of order.   I've also experienced similar with other single PM users, where pictures are received delayed and out of order.   Any assistance would be appreciated, I've tried all I can think of, reboots, clearing messages etc.

6 REPLIES 6

sledinguru

Sorry I failed to mention that I am an android user.   And this all use to work great.  But the last couple of months has started.   And it also happens with MMS to PM users on Android non group messages.

sledinguru

Yes I always have mobile data on.  Thanks for the reply.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sledinguru 

If not an iMessage/wifi issue.

Try performing a Reset of your device's Network Settings and see if this improves anything.

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sledinguru 

This is likely due to a combination of either network conditions and/or device settings of each user within the chat groups.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sledinguru 

Is your data turned on all the time?  

iMessages requires data or Wifi to be active/on for messages to be send immediately.  If somebody is off data or Wifi, the message will not be sent until the phone is connected back to data or Wifi.  If the chat group has a mixture of android and iphones, the messages can be incorrectly sent/received.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

This could be related to iphone and its specific apps.

See if current discussion here can help you out: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Us-roaming-issues-can-send-but-not-receiv...

I hope apple experts here can be able to provide more advices.

Need Help? Let's chat.