cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONE DAY SALE! Buy a SIM online today & get a bonus 5 GB of data when you activate by June 16

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

On June 1st,  customers that purchase a SIM card online before 11:59PM ET will gain access to an exclusive offer of a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before June 16, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $25+/mo plan (Ready-Made plans only) to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• Bonus 5 GB of data: When you activate by June 16th on a Ready-made plan of $25/mo or higher. you will get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data.
    • To redeem, SIM must be activated on publicmobile.ca by June 16th on any Ready-made plan $25/mo or higher using the same email address used to purchase the SIM card. Purchase a SIM online here.
    • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 72 hours.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

111 REPLIES 111

@ritspyes as long as your account is active.

ritsp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So does it mean if i just use my allocated plan data for lets say a year, by end of year i i ill have this extra 5gb on my account?

@ritspIt will be in your account until you exhaust it.

ritsp

Is the one time bonus valid for just one month ? Lets Let i use only 2gb out of 5gb in firat month, does the rest of 3gb expires at end of first month or will it on my account until i consume it fully?

Bell3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello everyone!

I am a new customer from last Sunday and got my bonus 5GB. Go and inform others and get your $1 reward…😊  

@ldituriNo you have to order a new card today via Public Mobile to qualify for the 5GB. Since there is no contract with Public Mobile, the one time 5GB is available for you to use as long as you prepay for a $25 / month service. The data bucket is available for you to use until you exhaust it.

@ldituri wrote:

Hi I ordered my sim card 3 days ago but activated it today June 1, 2019, am i eligible to this bonus and if i am, by one time does that mean it's only for 1 month or until we keep our contract. 

Sorry, but this situation fails to qualify for this promotion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@caseythebeagle wrote:

Thank you for your quick replies.

A question about referrals:  can a pre-paid user refer a user that will be postpaid? and will all the benefits of being a referrer apply?

thanks

Post-paid doesn't enter it.

A new customer enters in the number of an active existing number during activation. The new customer gets a $10 credit and the existing customer gets the $1/30 days reward.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@caseythebeagle wrote:

A question about referrals:  can a pre-paid user refer a user that will be postpaid? and will all the benefits of being a referrer apply?

thanks

@caseythebeagle 

With PM, all users are prepaid. There are no postpaid PM plans.

All that's required for one person to properly refer another is for the referred person to enter the referrer's phone number during activation.

caseythebeagle

thanks

ldituri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I ordered my sim card 3 days ago but activated it today June 1, 2019, am i eligible to this bonus and if i am, by one time does that mean it's only for 1 month or until we keep our contract. 

@caseythebeagle wrote:

So all three must be true? new sim, new phone # and new e-mail?

Yes.

would the moderators be a little more clear and specific as to what qualifies as a "new" user, please?

My daughter already a user.  With this new promo, I would like to get my wife on the $25/month plan to take advantage of the 5GB.

OK.

What would need to be done in order for her to take advantage of this?  Can I add her onto my current account / e-mail?

PM has a limit of one account per customer. Addidng additional members to your account is not allowd.

Does every (new) user require their own e-mail?

Yes or you can use an email alias if your email provider gives you that functinality.

Why would a new phone # not suffice to qualify for a new user?

See above. You can't have one witthout the other.

Thanks in advance for your replies

caseythebeagle

So all three must be true? new sim, new phone # and new e-mail?

would the moderators be a little more clear and specific as to what qualifies as a "new" user, please?

My daughter already a user.  With this new promo, I would like to get my wife on the $25/month plan to take advantage of the 5GB.

What would need to be done in order for her to take advantage of this?  Can I add her onto my current account / e-mail?

Does every (new) user require their own e-mail?

Why would a new phone # not suffice to qualify for a new user?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Mershedapterter

I believe if you use a different number and sim card and email, it counts as a unique and different user!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Alan_K 

Do any other occupants at a residential address count as a "new" customer using the same residential address as an existing customer?

@Anonymous A new customer is counted as someone who orders a new SIM online. Then, in order for us to apply the bonus data, we are matching the email used to order the SIM (in Shopify) with the one used to activate the account (In the activation portal).

@Alan_K 
That's clear. Thank you.

There was a question last night about ordering the SIM online after midnight ET. But their receipt said May 31st. Presumably they're west of the ET zone. Would they qualify as having bought it on June 1st?

If yes then I guess it goes the other way...PT people have to buy before 9pm. True?

monk620

Thank you for response. Wish 5G add on could be used in monthly plan as big BONUS. 

Alan_K

Just over 12 hours left to take advantage folks- let a friend know! Smiley Happy

Wishing everyone a great weekend- I'm going to be glued to my TV on Sunday night for the Raptors game.

Alan_K

@Anonymous wrote:

@Alan_K 

Do any other occupants at a residential address count as a "new" customer using the same residential address as an existing customer?

@Anonymous A new customer is counted as someone who orders a new SIM online. Then, in order for us to apply the bonus data, we are matching the email used to order the SIM (in Shopify) with the one used to activate the account (In the activation portal).

@Gillingham 

According to terms of promotion, you will need to order SIM card online today.  Once you receive it, activate before June 16 to get the bonus 5GB data add on.  

If you don't order online today, you will not qualify for this promotion.  

@Gillingham wrote:

If I have already purchased the SIM cards but only activating today is this offer still available?

@Gillingham  No. You need to purchase the sim card online only today to qualify.

Gillingham

If I have already purchased the SIM cards but only activating today is this offer still available?

@Shane8006 wrote:

So you only get access to this if you are getting a new sim? Not for the people who are already loyal customers?

Correct. All companies use various promos to entice new customers over. Since this is only a one time bonus of 5 Gb that will be drawn from (until used up) anytime you exceed your monthly data limit ... and isn’t “a free iPhone 10 with each new activation”..... I wouldn’t worry about it. Our here now getting some of the best cell deals possible in Canada!

@Anne83 

If you buy at Walmart, you will not qualify for this flash promotion.  Need to order online.  

@Shane8006 

Only for new activations.  You can be a PM customer, but you will need to open a new account with this online SIM card order.  

Anne83

Can I buy a SIM card at Walmart instead? 

Shane8006

So you only get access to this if you are getting a new sim? Not for the people who are already loyal customers?

smp99

@Nbhiker wrote:

Would we get 5gig extra each month?

No. This is a one-time 5GB data add-on that has no expiry date but will not renew once the 5GB is used

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow! What a deal

Nbhiker

Would we get 5gig extra each month?

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

good deal on existing promotion plan. 

Need Help? Let's chat.