cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONE DAY SALE! Buy a SIM online today & get a bonus 5 GB of data when you activate by June 16

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

On June 1st,  customers that purchase a SIM card online before 11:59PM ET will gain access to an exclusive offer of a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before June 16, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $25+/mo plan (Ready-Made plans only) to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• Bonus 5 GB of data: When you activate by June 16th on a Ready-made plan of $25/mo or higher. you will get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data.
    • To redeem, SIM must be activated on publicmobile.ca by June 16th on any Ready-made plan $25/mo or higher using the same email address used to purchase the SIM card. Purchase a SIM online here.
    • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 72 hours.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

111 REPLIES 111

@monk620 One time means you get 5GB data bucket which you can use up when you sign up and use in the subsequent months. As for speed since this deal depends on you signing up for a $25/month ready made plan and all the ready made deals are 3G speed on LTE network, the 5GB will be the same.

PhiliPTran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well, I hope they list more details soon. 

monk620

Hello,

Excuse my English, regards the deal, what is meaning of ONE TIME bonus? 5G data only works for first month after getting in pb or the data could be kept every month? It matters.

Also the speed is LTE or 3G?

Thanks for any help.

@PhiliPTranI would assume it is one time bonus...

Quote:

• Bonus 5 GB of data: When you activate by June 16th on a Ready-made plan of $25/mo or higher. you will get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data.

however the terms and conditions are not listed, what if you downgrade your plan afterwards etc.

PhiliPTran

One time or will they give you 5gb every month?

@rshah_You probably won't get that bonus. It is not Costco retail where you can get a refund 3 years after the fact.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rshah_ wrote:

Hi,

I recently joined public mobile (< 3 weeks ago) on $25+ plan, is there any way I could still get this addon? I have sent a PM to the moderator team with my account info.

Thanks

No. Not on the account you now have.

rshah_

Hi,

I recently joined public mobile (< 3 weeks ago) on $25+ plan, is there any way I could still get this addon? I have sent a PM to the moderator team with my account info.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@meotao wrote:

Anyone know if Im going to activate $25 plan for first month & second month for $10 plan will I still have 5GB add-ons? Or it has to be at least $15 plan. Thank you

That detail is not specified but this almost identical promo just the other day, the boss-man said nothing would affect the add-on. So that idea should work and keep the data.

meotao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone know if Im going to activate $25 plan for first month & second month for $10 plan will I still have 5GB add-ons? Or it has to be at least $15 plan. Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@erickchung wrote:

Hmmm, what happens if I just bought the sim card now, on June 1st EST, but the receipt says May 31. Am I still eligible?

Seeing as how everything around here runs on ET, I would think so. You bought it online from here after 9pm PT? (midnight ET or the other 2 time zones)

I guess its using your local clock which seems to go counter to the ET thing.

But they always specify ET. They don't say anything else.

Edit: but I'm no lawyer. Don't blame me.

erickchung

Hmmm, what happens if I just bought the sim card now, on June 1st EST, but the receipt says May 31. Am I still eligible?

@kselmak  We do have separate email addresses registered for self serve as while I wanted to set up one account with both numbers (there is an account box seemingly for multiple phones on one self serve account) I was afraid to try that out when moving my wife’s number to PM. Seemed like too many potential problems or confusion between which phone I was trying to work on or not getting new customer perks (6 x $10) if in the same account. I have no idea whether there could have been a problem or not.    Terry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...technically, it doesn't say different email. Just that ordering it online and activating it online has to use the same email address. Obviously a "new" customer would need a different email from an existing customer.

But what is the definition of a new customer? One could go to a store anonymously and become a "new" customer anonymously. But this would need to use a real address to so much as receive the SIM in the mail. And if the existing customers address is receiving the mail...is that "new"? Unless you can get a piece of mail sent to your cousins mothers sisters kid that isn't with PM...or something. 🙂

Hi @AE_Collector 

Do you guys use the same email for the self serve account. I remember somebody recently complaining that (s)he can't access both accounts anymore suspecting one of them expired and everybody was saying no way you couldn't have access to 2 different accounts from one self serve. I'd love to put my mom under my self serve cause I totally managing her account would be nice to do it out of one spot

I wouldn’t have even thought about the different email requirement, my wife and I use the same email,address for almost everything. I would have thought that a different cell phone number is a different customer!

@GinYVR wrote:

@Anonymous I thought as long as it is a new email, it is a new customer.

I’d agree with this.  A new customer is a new email in the database.  Doesn’t matter who.  Could be an existing member who has recently signed up and wants to snag an extra 5 GB or one time only data.

@Anonymous I thought as long as it is a new email, it is a new customer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K 

Do any other occupants at a residential address count as a "new" customer using the same residential address as an existing customer?

andrewjc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Should have waited a couple of days to buy my SIM card. Smiley Tongue Nevertheless, sounds like a nice promotion for those who have been on the fence. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Too bad you can't just purchase a sim through a retailer and activate it online to qualify.  Still a great deal though:)

'

Need Help? Let's chat.