cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and delay in delivering this message.

As a result of ongoing back-end maintenance, the function to port a number to your Public Mobile SIM within My Account  is temporarily unavailable. Porting a number during the activation process is unaffected, and no other self-serve functionality is impacted.

We recommend to take the following steps if you need to port-in a number:

• Be sure to note the best practices below to ensure a smooth process:

1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    2. You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    3. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    4. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:

Mobile Phone Number Transfer

Landline Phone Number Transfer

Alternate Phone Number

Complete billing address

First and Last Name of the account holder

Alternate phone number

You’ll also need to provide one of the following: your old account number or your ESN/IMEI/MEID number or your account PIN

First and last name of the account holder

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

We thank you for your patience while we work through the Self-Serve maintenance.

Thank you,

-Public Mobile Community Team

252 REPLIES 252

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K 

Thank you for fixing the SIMon "Port Request" issue.

It is working today.

Port Request.JPG

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K 

Something had changed in SIMon since yesterday. 

Yesterday, I found out that SIMon is no longer letting subscriber to create a moderator support ticket quickly by using the magic phrase "Port Request".  SIMon was showing me around and around without letting me to create a support ticket.  

@glmmoula The people at Moderator_Team are Public Mobile employees.

glmmoula
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

can i give all my personal details to the moderator team in the private msg options?

glmmoula

hank you my fried

@glmmoula wrote:

this link does t=not work for me

@glmmoula   Try sending a private message to Moderator_Team via this link then: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Still type "Port Request" in the heading.

@glmmoula wrote:

I just tried the above link and it's loading fine for me, but try this one: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

That one will allow you to send a private message to the moderators.

glmmoula

@glmmoula wrote:

I already activated my PM Simcard. Now I see I can't port my number in self-service. What do i do now. Any other alternative?

Please go to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat and then type in "port request".

glmmoula

I already activated my PM Simcard. Now I see I can't port my number in self-service. What do i do now. Any other alternative?

@pattipiercy wrote:

I have been using my previous provider’s SIM card (Virgin) today because nothing was coming through - only phone calls with Public. When I got home, I thought I would try Public SIM and a bunch of texts came in that were sent through the Virgin SIM, but when I sent more Texts thinking it was working, nothing came through 

Since it's been a week, this means that number porting has failed. Please make sure that you have your Virgin Mobile account number available. Then, go to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat and and type in "port request".

@pattipiercy wrote:

Is this issue still going on?   I opened an account with you last week. I still am not able to receive texts from any of my friends/family. Is this a port issue?  Should I change my number?  Starting to question changing providers

The issue relating to this therad doesn't have anything to do with receiving text messages. This thread was created simply to inform customers that existing constomers must ask a moderators to initiate a number porting request.

@pattipiercy contact customer support mods here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

pattipiercy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been using my previous provider’s SIM card (Virgin) today because nothing was coming through - only phone calls with Public. When I got home, I thought I would try Public SIM and a bunch of texts came in that were sent through the Virgin SIM, but when I sent more Texts thinking it was working, nothing came through 

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pattipiercy Are you able to make any calls at all?

pattipiercy

Is this issue still going on?   I opened an account with you last week. I still am not able to receive texts from any of my friends/family. Is this a port issue?  Should I change my number?  Starting to question changing providers

@nadege1212 

Are trying to close your existing account? Or have you just acgivated and your having some issues involving the port of your number? Support here is relatively fast....initially screened thru the community to determine if its an account issue only fixable by the moderators  or one the comunity can resolve for you. By stating your own thread (posting a question rather than replying to an existing  post) will increase the amount of users responding and the likelyhood it will be resolved quickly. Have you resolved your issue or contacted the moderators? Do you still need help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nadege1212  - All support for Public Mobile is done here in the community AND via messaging with the moderators (Public mobile staff).  There is no call center.  That's how prices are kept so low.

nadege1212

this company is giving me a major headache. I cant get a representative on the phone and i can transfer my number back to chatr mobile. What the hell  is going on??????? can someone at least call me?

@norlin51  that means that the number port is not completed. If it's been more than a week then the port is stuck. Submit a ticket to PM and ask them to investigate the status of your port request.

norlin51

is this still an ongoing issue as if i call out my number is showing as the number that i asked to have it ported in but all my incoming calls are still going to the landline and i was never given my temporary phone number i can leave the house as i will miss any calls until this is resolved 

@9023061670 if you can't get into your account, know the answer to your secret question,  try the forgot password link to get back into your self service account.  If it fails contact the moderators and ask them for a temporary password to your self service account.  

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Once you have access to your self service account,  use @Jb456 's instructions to change your number. Welcome to the community. 

@9023061670  please specify what you're asking.

Do you want to change your # that you currently have with PM?. To a new one? If yes follow my screenshot above.

Or.

Did you just join public mobile from another company and you want to "PORT" your number from that company to public mobile?

If yes, first thing is that your account with other company needs to be active and in good standing to port your number.

Next you need to follow the instructions on page one of this thread. Here they are below. 

I think you'll have to follow number 2 if you already activated a sim card and selected a temporary number.

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

I can get in my account to transfer 

@9023061670 

To change your phone number log into your self serve account and click "change number".

Orange arrow on picture below.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

I would like to change my number

@9023061670  you are "spwaking" to a human rigjt now. But in order to speak to the one from the PM customer service department. You have to contact them either through Simon or Private Message. Everthing is online here. There is no call centre here Stay safe. 

@9023061670 

You could send a text message to moderators directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

It's communication via private message system, not email so look out for the response in top right corner

That's as close as we can get to'talking to a human'

Cheers

like to speak to a human

Need Help? Let's chat.