Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Public Mobile Pricing

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We have some news we think you will love! We listened to your feedback and have made some changes to our plans.

Some highlights include:

• Making 30-day plans even better
  • Introducing new data buckets for low data users
  • Pricing changes on talk + text and 4G LTE plans

Curious? Check out publicmobile.ca/plans and try out the plans calculator.

-Public Mobile Community Team

162 REPLIES 162

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@wetcoaster wrote:

@danielj wrote:

Thanks for listening to us and bringing back some of the more affordable options. Keep the discounts and plan options coming. I am disappointed that Public Mobile did not bring back the 1GB option for the 90-day plans and the national (vs global) text plans for either 30-day or 90-day plans.

@danielj

Well, there is a 90 for 90 plan now, see the discussion here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/90-for-90-days-IS-BACK/m-p/186917#M2068...

IMHO, the options are well rounded out now, no need for more. And the times of offering messaging with limitations are (or should be) long gone.

@wetcoaster  If you read the discussion at the link, they also mention or at least imply that there use to be another $90 for 90-day that include 4G/LTE connection and that is what I am pulling for. That they bring back a $90 90-day plan that includes 4G/LTE.  I get that more option might not be as efficient or effective so if that if for 1GB or 1.5GB and Public Mobile is the one that started the 3G vs 4G options. The latest update on the plan's options has made them more well-rounded and closer to the affordability they once were, but not necessarily as affordable as they might have once been.

canucks4life

Well that didn't take very long lol

https://www.freedommobile.ca/back-to-school

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Definitely a welcome change to the plans.  Well done PM, and thanks for listening to us in the masses about our concerns.  Great Job.

I just don't understand some people.  If the deals posted are cheaper than what they have, and a suitable comparison, it's a no brainer.

i don't need CANADA WIDE anything day to day, but the texting to anywhere around the world is crazy!  Heck, I don't even need province wide calling, as I rarely call outside my landline local calling area, and my family are all on Facebook Messenger.

Unless you consistently use more than 200 minutes a month of long distance, by the $8 addon.  

@mimmo Two, actually. Robot tongue 

sharmaa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you! The low data buckets will be very useful for some people I know. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

@voucherking wrote:

Terrible. Just bad> nothing gret to see here

Uhmm, you are the first one, lord. 

@NDesai there is always one. 🙂

@voucherking wrote:

Uhmm, you are the first one, lord. 

voucherking

Joey_1975

@CalvinW wrote:

The prices are more reasonable now, maybe I will get back to referring. Only if the $45 4GB plan was with Canada wide calling, then I’m sold for sure 

Well - for $8 you can add 200 Canada & US LD MINS - it doesn't expire untill you use up the bucket of mins.  For me that's sufficient to last months - but for others maybe not.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Thank you very much @Jeremy_M.

This is a good and a welcoming move by PM.

@danielj wrote:

Thanks for listening to us and bringing back some of the more affordable options. Keep the discounts and plan options coming. I am disappointed that Public Mobile did not bring back the 1GB option for the 90-day plans and the national (vs global) text plans for either 30-day or 90-day plans.

@danielj

Well, there is a 90 for 90 plan now, see the discussion here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/90-for-90-days-IS-BACK/m-p/186917#M2068...

IMHO, the options are well rounded out now, no need for more. And the times of offering messaging with limitations are (or should be) long gone.

danielj

Merci de nous avoir ecoute et de ramener quelques-unes des options les plus abordables. Conservez les reductions et les options de regime a  venir. Je suis decu que Public Mobile ne ramene pas l'option de 1 Go pour les plans de 90 jours et les plans de texte nationaux (contre le monde) pour les plans de 30 jours ou de 90 jours.

danielj

weylander

@cstaines wrote:

My friend and I are looking to switch. We noticed the promo on the Ontario site, but not on the Alberta site where we are from. Are we still able to get the promo here?

Thanks!

Yep, you can get the promo. I'm in BC and just got it.

It's been confirmed that it's available across all Canada and if the website hasn't been updated yet (and it should be), you will definitely see the promo when you create and log into your account.

I didn't see it on the BC site yesterday, but I can see it today. 

cstaines
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My friend and I are looking to switch. We noticed the promo on the Ontario site, but not on the Alberta site where we are from. Are we still able to get the promo here?

Thanks!

Slammer111

Yes.  Thank you PM.

While $45 isn't as good as the $38 4GB plan, it's definitely a step in the right direction.  Time to dig up my referral list again.  I'll be sending PM a bunch of customers in the very near future.

Any idea how long this pricing will last?

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

When will you make it Canada wide automatically vs province-wide such as Freedom Mobile?

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it's nice to hear the good news.

marcnoel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've found the same thing with data.  While they might be good deals, my usage history shows I use less than 1 Gb every 90 days, so I have stayed with my 90/90 plan until I can get either the same for less, or more for the same price.  Luckily, I found out today about this new pricing, so I switched us over, and now we get 1.5 Gb instead of 1, and global instead of Canada-wide texting.  Doesn't matter about dropping to 3G from 4G, as we usually use WiFi for surfing.

marcnoel

Regarding long-distance calling and prices, I have found it is cheaper overall to use a calling card.  It is a good deal to get unlimited whatever for five bucks a month through a carrier's plan, but only if you use it.  In my household's case, it would not be a good deal.  I bought a refillable card four years ago, have paid $ 53.00 US total (initial purchase plus top-ups, to prevent loss of previous balance), and still have about $ 43.00 credit available.  That's about $ 14.00 CDN per year, compared to $ 60.00 at five dollars a month for unlimited.  When we were with Rogers, we paid a fee to have REDUCED rates every month, so we still had to pay.

TaylorJW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Brand new Public Mobile customer here (as I'm sure you can tell). Was happy to sign up for the previous promo @ $240/90 for 6GB data, the fact that the plan I wanted has dropped down to just 195/90 now is fantastic. Already am incredibly happy with the service.

Have setup the auto plan change already :). So exciting!

@mimmo wrote:

if you future date a plan change that will be the plan you get even if the promo is over.

Thanks for mentioning this. I was wondering this as well. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Love seeing the excitment and positivity back in the forums.  

Thanks for listening PM!

Thanks @Jeremy_M

Raven_Jet

Very nice plans!

edmonch2013
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just referred my friend, she is low data user mostly phone and text. Now we have better deal for her. She just joined in last night. 

wendigo

Thank you

MK78

@Luddite wrote:

@MK78 All ideas are welcome, but need to be entered in the Public Lab for consideration by the PM design team. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/idb-p/Public_Lab/tab/most-recent

Ah, good idea. I forgot about that. Will post there.

@MK78 @makkahn28 All ideas are welcome, but need to be entered in the Public Lab for consideration by the PM design team. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/idb-p/Public_Lab/tab/most-recent

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kotsy

I was hoping they'd be back with their $40 for 4GB deal. I also notice noticed in the fine print that the $45 includes the $2 auto-pay discount 😕

Not saying it's not a good deal but I really wish I joined PM last fall lol

@mtfolks wrote:

@Bill2 Jeremy has said they will honour future dated promos so you should be fine. Correct @Jeremy_M?

Correct. 

Once again, tag us Oracles if you have some questions. We are happy to help. 

Need Help? Let's chat.